Final Fantasy XV Officially Delayed

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Can do. You sure you want to brave a spoiler minefield like that?
If I happen to see a literal second of a cutscene while taking your time stamps I will kill you! I'm joking xD

It'll be fine. I'll make a gameplay video out of it. Or multiple:
-One for battles
-One for exploration
Etc.

I really do appreciate you taking your free time to do this! Thanks ye kindly!

Sep 26, 2013
If I happen to see a literal second of a cutscene while taking your time stamps I will kill you! I'm joking xD

It'll be fine. I'll make a gameplay video out of it. Or multiple:
-One for battles
-One for exploration
Etc.

I really do appreciate you taking your free time to do this! Thanks ye kindly!
It's absolutely no trouble. I typically comb over these videos ad infinitum so jotting down some time stamps for you is the least I can do. I understand the struggles of the media blackout, and appreciate the efforts you're going through to circulate non-spoiler content to those that may desire it.

After watching the video, I feel like there's something else going on with the game. Delaying a highly anticipated game like FFXV to avoid forcing offline players to get a day-one patch (which should be a small minority of the community nowdays) doesn't seem to be the main reason for this. Maybe they found a critical bug in the "Master version" and are now forced to fix it quickly or the overall performance is just not acceptable. Who knows¿

It's a big disappointment anyway. As much as I love this franchise, XV just doesn't look as good as it should. It's a personal thing but in my opinion, they shouldn't have forced an open world, car, Noctis-only action combat, etc. Guess I'll just enjoy WoFF in the mean time.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
He already did that when he reported that No Man's Sky was delayed yet again. The VG community is one of the worst places right now, it seems.
Gamers in general have about the worst reputation of anyone out there, and it's because of those same people quoted in that gotcha piece. I have a hard time feeling bad for any of them because those are the people that make me embarrassed to be associated with. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of great people in this community, but there's a core of absolute shit demons and those are the people that represent us the loudest.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Every fandom will have its good and bad apples,we´re far from being the worse, making insults and online treats is far from being terrible and disgusting.

Sep 26, 2013
Every fandom will have its good and bad apples,we´re far from being the worse, making insults and online treats is far from being terrible and disgusting.
What exactly would you call online threats then? There's no excuse for the behavior shown. It's nice when you have such an ardent fanbase, but people being incapable of reason in the face of even slight bad news whether it be through denial or anger really needs to stop.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Those assholes are just a loud minority. If you feel ashamed about our community because a few idiots insulted some games media guy, you might be better finding another hobby.
They are not as much of a minority as I would like. It is absolutely wide spread. And that loud minority is representing us because, as you mention, they're loud. That's all outsiders see.

Online threats is something that has happened since the internet communities started in the 90s. For all the crying and moaning about those, I've yet to see the first games media person actually getting killed or punched or whatever. It's just internet teasing like always but for some reason people consider it a veeery serious offense nowdays.

Sep 26, 2013
Online threats is something that has happened since the internet communities started in the 90s. For all the crying and moaning about those, I've yet to see the first games media person actually getting killed or punched or whatever. It's just internet teasing like always but for some reason people consider it a veeery serious offense nowdays.
Threatening someone's life isn't acceptable, even if you have no intentions to carry out said threats. Hell, it's even a criminal offense to do so in person and it's disgustingly barbaric behavior at a baseline. Why would you make excuses for people like this?

Threatening someone's life isn't acceptable, even if you have no intentions to carry out said threats. Hell, it's even a criminal offense to do so in person and it's disgustingly barbaric behavior at a baseline. Why would you make excuses for people like this?
It's not that I'm making excuses, I'm just saying that they should be ignored. Don't make the mistake that the entire gaming community is made up of these crybabies who make empty threats in comments sections. There are way better things to do with the people who share this hobbie.

Sep 26, 2013
It's not that I'm making excuses, I'm just saying that they should be ignored. Don't make the mistake that the entire gaming community is made up of these crybabies who make empty threats in comments sections. There are way better things to do with the people who share this hobbie.
You probably could have articulated this better than comparing death threats to teasing and calling complaints about them crying and moaning just because no one's been hurt yet. I can tell you don't agree, but I just do not believe we should take matters like this lightly. It shouldn't be okay that threats of violence are just a natural facet of discussion on the internet, and people not being okay with it is a good thing.

Sep 26, 2013
The only problem with "TheGuy" is that he backed out of all of that and recently made a thread saying that "don't believe anything anymore because SE is feeding us leakers lies to catch us!"

Yeah... okay... that's why.
Oh my gosh that is just too priceless. He actually tried that? I hadn't seen.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
The only problem with "TheGuy" is that he backed out of all of that and recently made a thread saying that "don't believe anything anymore because SE is feeding us leakers lies to catch us!"

Yeah... okay... that's why.
Did he? lol. You have a link by any chance?
That is legit hilarious if true.

EDit: BTW,we should have a competition over who's FFXIV charcter is prettier, lol

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Oh my gosh that is just too priceless. He actually tried that? I hadn't seen.
Did he? lol. You have a link by any chance?
That is legit hilarious if true.

EDit: BTW,we should have a competition over who's FFXIV charcter is prettier, lol
Yes, I have two of the thread from the leakers that post on 4chan. Just a warning to the rest of you, if you don't already know about this stuff, I wouldn't bother clicking on these links... They may or may not contain spoilers as well, I haven't read all of the posts, so just avoid them unless you know about what we're referring to.

First is TheGuy which you can see here: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/348368826
TheGuy said:
Square Enix fucked everyone, with the leaks increasing, they simply internally released some true and false facts about what's coming.
TheGuy said:
Don't trust anyone for now and forget everything about what has been said about Gamescom and especially Tokyo Games Show.
Basically, he goes full damage control and just says that SE made up a bunch of shit to cover the fact that none of his Gamescom predictions were going to come true and used the delay to support it.

Here's another one from a second leaker that "leaked" the DLC content AFTER IT WAS ALREADY ANNOUNCED and he says a bit of the same thing here: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/348313287

This guy never made any claims about content though, likely because he knows that if you mess with fire you're going to get burned. However, people still think that he's creditable... His reasonings for why the game is being delayed are pretty far fetched.

The only source he has about being an insider was supposedly having a copy of the game but it had to be sent back or something...? It just sounds like a load of bullshit, I'm actually going to ask someone I know who is confirmed QA some questions to see if this is legit or not.
Anonymous said:
But im testing the game on a debug unit and im in contact with square almost daily because of it. But because now of whats happening, my beta build has been returned because of the engine reworking.
Anyways, it's pretty hilarious to see TheGuy going full damage control.