1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by SonOfEtro, Dec 1, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

FFXII and FFXIII felt like complete experiences to me (that doesn't mean i think they are masterpieces or anything), the same is true for FFXIV: ARR (not the original); so i disagree with you for the most part, and i just think we have different definitions of what "complete" is.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

3. Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone ShinRa SOLDIER

Ignoring the rest where I said XV is lacking regardless of it being finished or not. Unless the previous greats. XIII is mediocre garbage, XII is alright so far.

4. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

hyperbole too strong...

about the sales data, i thought FF was dead after XII... or so i heard.

Nova likes this.
  5. Hey Everyone

Quality wise after 10
    Sales wise it never died.
    Though when it does whether people will be happy or sad about that, I don't know.

6. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

it might be lower quality if we go in numbers (like metacritic), but its not even a huge gap to justify "it's dead" comments, they are still great games either way.

which just shows how the hyperbole really can turn ppl into irrational trolls, and im pretty sure there were ppl justifying FF being dead using sales as an argument.

it was funny.

edit: for the post below, see critics and user scores.

Nova likes this.
  7. Hey Everyone

>FFXIII
    >FFXII
    >FFXV

>great game
    choose one.

8. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Forest Owl

Let's not derail this topic further, anyone that wants to continue debating can either create a new thread or take it to private message.

9. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

FFXV made money, and that should make everybody happy who wants to see the series continue.

Recall that Tabata's GDC presentation was "Final Fantasy - A Challenger Once Again" -- challenger being the operative word. Whatever the faults of the game (and use other threads for any and all assertions-as-fact whining) The fact that SE reported record-high revenue and profits tell me that -- in addition to pulling a failed project to a 6M+ selling game -- BD2 also built a better development pipeline that hopefully will pay dividends in the future.

Jubileus, Storm, Nova and 1 other person like this.
  10. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Arguing metacritic aggregate scores alone is a horrible measure at entailing a detailed, accurate description of a what a game does right/wrong.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (82), Suikoden 2 (82), and Parasite Eve (81), ALL three RPGs considered classics scored low 80s (worse than FFXIII's 83). Does that suddenly devalue their actual quality? Not at all.

There is more than enough evidence to conclude that despite a vocal hysterical group saying otherwise, FFXV has a lot of fans who genuinely enjoyed their time with it in spite of issues. Theres no need to drag this out when S.E. is in a far better position than they were last gen moving forward.

Jubileus, Storm and Lulcielid like this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!