1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by SonOfEtro, Dec 1, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Jubileus and Storm like this.
  2. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i'm not sure if that sales or shipped numbers tho.

3. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

That user confirmed shipped ;)

Storm likes this.
  4. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

:( Why? Why?

*goes to a corner and cries*

Storm likes this.
  5. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

The 1.1m in Japan Shipped figure is interesting, as from the sales figures we now know there's about 300k copies sitting on Japanese shelves unsold; so we get an idea of the shipped vs sold metric when compared to the Japanese figures we had before. I wonder how deep they'll have to discount to shift this 300k? It's already as low as half off in places.

China shipping several hundred thousand (my understanding is more than 200k, less than 300k) is pretty good though. It helps to make up some of the 1m lost sales in Japan from 13 (which didn't launch over there).

Koozek and Storm like this.
  6. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-one-amazons-best-selling-games-holidays/

"Final Fantasy XV is one of Amazon’s best-selling video games over the holiday, the company announced in a press release.

According to the online retailer, Final Fantasy XV‘s PlayStation 4 version joins the likes of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon – both of which were popular gift items. While individual sales figures weren’t listed, Amazon did provide this short fact about Sun and Moon: “If each Amazon.com customer who purchased Pokémon Sun and Moon this holiday spent at least an hour a day playing the game since its release, our customers would have spent the equivalent of more than 24 thousand lunar cycles capturing Pokémon.”

Final Fantasy XV is available worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Square Enix recently released a new update for the game, adding in features such as New Game+ and a Holiday DLC pack including a number of game-boosting items."

edit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2016/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar?tag=viglink20241-20

FFXV sold more than uncharted 4 on amazon US? the discounted price sure helped if that's the case.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

Doing out the math (24,000 lunar cycles x ~29 days per lunar cycle x 24 hours a day = 16,704,000 hours, divided by 39 hours per player), Amazon sold Pokemon Sun and Moon to 428,308 customers. It isn't clear whether "customers" refer to copies sold or to individual accounts that purchased copies, in which case the total number of copies sold could be higher. Assuming a customer/copy ratio of close to one and a near one-to-one ratio of Sun to Moon, the high-end cap for (presumably standard edition) FFXV sales from Amazon would be a bit over 210,000 copies.

Or, in other words, a single US retailer could have sold up to 1/4 of the game's LTD in Japan. o_0;

8. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

Richly deserved, IMHO. I haven't spent 100+ hours on a game, well -- ever. The closest I've come is Xenoblade at 70 hours, but for me, it was really tedious getting through those last areas.

I guess so, since the title says "Amazon Best Sellers of 2016 (so far)" - no holiday qualifiers or anything to that effect. If this is true and it beat out the likes of Uncharted 4, perhaps SE isn't so worried about the sales in Japan after all.

9. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

However this sellls are under discount.
    Does anyone know if S.E (or any other bussiness dev) cares more about the "X units sold in Y timeframe" alone or do they take into account "X units sold at Y price in Z timeframe" as well?

10. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

11. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

It's great to see good numbers. My main question remains... where compared to 13? Where does it fall? March will be the first true sign I guess, though December NPD will also be useful

12. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

They should make a Final Fantasy game about sales figures, you guys would eat that shit up.

13. APZonerunner

14. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

15. APZonerunner

6 million shipped + digital now, announced today. If I had to guess, 3/4 of that is sold, two thirds at least - which is pretty good!

16. Guitar (pseudo)God

With the inevitable PC version pending, it could approach FFX numbers. Regardless, I think SE would be very pleased with these numbers after 5 weeks.

17. APZonerunner

It ain't gonna hit 8 million, I don't think. It stands a chance of passing 13 tho.

18. Guitar (pseudo)God

I could have picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue, but I thought FFXIII sold 6.6M? That's very attainable. I agree that 8M may be a bridge too far, even considering a PC release and PS5 remasters.

19. xXShuyaXx

xXShuyaXx Clan Centurio Member

The thing is, the media is still massing over FFXV, it's kinda the go-to article bait that attracts readers. It's high on the radar and this probably won't stop for a while as SE will still release updates and DLC. So most likely the media will not drop this title for the chance of getting a scoop to attract readers. And IF SE manages to make the right updates and DLC and the media picks up wing on it, it could generate a positive interval where it attracts more people. It's not certain, but there is a possibility.
    And I personally say hitting over 8m by the end of the next fiscal year is not too far-fetched.

Jubileus, Nova and Storm like this.
  20. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!