Final Fantasy XV -Spoiler Discussion Thread-

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Oh damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why haven't I noticed this earlier?!!!! Lunafreya helds a ring in her hand, (most definitely) "the ring"! That's the thing Luna wants to give Noctis (TGS 2014)!

Remember what Nomura said ages ago!!:
"The only and most important adornment Noctis will use is a ring on his right hand and it’ll play a central role in the story of the game."

That'd be so awesome if my theory from months ago would become true, haha! :D

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Oh damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why haven't I noticed this earlier?!!!! Lunafreya helds a ring in her hand, (most definitely) "the ring"! That's the thing Luna wants to give Noctis (TGS 2014)!

Remember what Nomura said ages ago!!:
"The only and most important adornment Noctis will use is a ring on his right hand and it’ll play a central role in the story of the game."

That'd be so awesome if my theory from months ago would become true, haha! :D
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There actually is a description of it in the Help menu that I never noticed before it does mention projectiles. Think back to the old Versus and the E3 XV trailer where Noctis is being shot at with bullets and the swords are deflecting them. That's basically what it is. I'm pretty sure that you don't need to be in Knightswords to actually activate it, but I'm not really sure, I'm going to bed now and I've been playing the demo for quite some time now... I'll do some testing later.
I have confirmed that Knightsield is in fact a passive move, just block when Imperials are shooting bullets at you or when Goblins fire the magic orbs at you maybe and you will see the swords come up to protect you!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I guess Luna is only a short way to say her name, like they keep calling Noctis, Noct.

but even then, Lunafreya sounds like a royal name, "Luna" is kinda generic.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I'm not happy they changed her name.
That is assuming Stella is Luna.

Which they can just as easily still be two separate characters, Luna is even wearing completely different formal dress and shoes than Stella was at the party and those are Roen clothes designs which haven't changed at all since they were set.

Luna and Stella both being Nox Fleuret only leads more credence to them being related and two separate characters, and both Luna and Stella would be invited to party for the same reason, we already know Stella left the party early before Niflheim airships crashed into the building so that would give her an out for not being mentioned on the news as declared dead with Noctis, you are just falling for a red herring.

Also Lunafreya is clearly just Luna's full name like Gladiolus to Gladio and Noctis to Noct, not a rename from Luna.

May 26, 2014
You start out with the Aqesiro which provides your passive abilities, Warp-strike [ R1 + X ] and Warp-dodge [ L1 + O ]. These can be used whenever you want, and Warp-strike is actually taught to you in the tutorial section at the start, but isn't actually a part of Noct's regular abilities. Warp-dodge is a form of evasion that more veteran players will appreciate using that functions as a normal dodge move that can avoid attacks. It's very useful to trigger your Counter weapon strike as well as general dodging as it provides the invincibility frames that regular dodging uses while allowing you to move in whatever direction you use it in.

As for what you will see people activate as "Armiger" (meaning arms bearer) which is triggered with [ L1 + R1 ] is acquired from your first found phantom sword. This weapon is called Secace and will allow you to engage Knightswords with the aforementioned button combo. This is likely what you're referring to and what has been seen in past trailers.

You also get Galatine which supposedly gives you the power of the Knightshield which is activated by [ Hold L1 ] but I actually don't know how it works. It doesn't seem to provide anything different than your standard guard... if someone understands how this works, please let me know.

Lastly is Rhongomyniad which provides a passive ability of Knightsguard, simply press [ L1 ] when you are hit and you will recover from the attack. Think of it like when you get hit by a large enemy, you fall down and need to get back up. Using Knightsguard allows you to recover from the attack. What's interesting about Knightsguard, is that you will actually take the damage from the hit, but then recover it on successful guard.

If someone knows how the fuck Galatine works, please let me know... :D
Sounds complicated.

I only have three heroic souls in my inventory and I can't tell if any is the Rhongomyniad sword since they have different names. I did pick up the sword that was in the open field and have confirmed that I can deflect projectiles. I haven't tried doing Knightsguard yet, since I'm away, so could anyone just confirm the number of heroic souls in their inventory?

It kind of sucks when I read conflicting posts that Noctis has four swords, the first being his default one, which I'm not sure counts as one heroic soul.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Just beat the demo...

So... Am I still suppose to be asking for high resolution Stella artwork? :p

I dunno. There is nothing that suggests her name was changed. It could be a relative or Luna changes her identity.

Oh and as for Freyja... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyja

In Norse mythology, Freyja is a goddess associated with love, sexuality, beauty, fertility, gold, seiðr, war, and death.
Etro is the Goddess of Death so there is probably a connection.

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I know after it was said when asked about Stella he "Laughed" but claimed she was still in the game (if you all can recall that article posted here) I suspected that Stella was not removed but change into Luna. This is seeming to be more likely.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I like it a lot! I'm so glad there's all these things in here that make it truly and action game and not just button mashing nonsense. I'm hoping that with Techniques in the full game we can get things like dodge roll and other forms of attacks that we've seen in past trailers.

As for the whole Luna Stella thing, they still haven't come out with anything saying one way or the other. Honestly, I don't see the need to change an established character's name, even if they aren't well known. Obviously the team knows people ask about Stella all the time, they want Stella. Where is Stella? Talk about Stella! For them to turn around and change her name to Luna and now Lunafreya it just seems pointless. Would you really need to change her name for any reason? It's not like her name's meaning really changed much, and if that's the whole point of it, that's pretty sad.

I'm still holding out on the possibility of twin sisters Stella and Luna, but considering we see Lunafreya walking away from the ruins of Lucis... it's very likely they did just change her name... which actually annoys me.

Kenshin_44

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 18, 2015
I really think the reason sqaure has not said anything is because stella and luna are different characters.
I think that square is holding back information because it might have something to do with the plot of the story for noctis or the overall world in ffxv. When you think about it, they really have no reason to scrap stella character because we dont know anything about her, just her appearance and a little details from trailers. I really hope the reason square is refusing to say anything about stella is because she plays a huge part in the story and doesn't want to spoil it

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I'm still holding out on the possibility of twin sisters Stella and Luna, but considering we see Lunafreya walking away from the ruins of Lucis... it's very likely they did just change her name... which actually annoys me.
And that's exactly what I don't get. Because she's walking away from Lucis she MUST BE Stella? What's the reasoning here?

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Just beat the demo...

So... Am I still suppose to be asking for high resolution Stella artwork? :p

I dunno. There is nothing that suggests her name was changed. It could be a relative or Luna changes her identity.

Oh and as for Freyja... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyja

Etro is the Goddess of Death so there is probably a connection.
It would be funny if Luna turns out being a vessel for Etro. :p

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Even if Stella is Lunafreya, how do we know if it's not just a name change and her role is still the same as it was always meant to be? They have changed minor things that made no sense like Prompto's hair, which had a wavy texture at first.

The thing that I still have not understood, is if Stella(Lunafreya?) and Noctis met at the party. Why were they shown holding hands as kids in the E3 2013 trailer.