Final Fantasy XV -Spoiler Discussion Thread-

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Uh.I'm pretty bad at this kind of stuff but I hope you can see it now.
I think that's reaching, you've drawn some details that aren't even there. Also, why is Noctis sideways then in the painting...? Or is he just sleeping sideways but looking like he's standing up?

That's right and if my theory is correct then
Noctis will see his own expiring soul ( as we can see in this artwork -> his death) in his dreams throughout the game. Well.. I think the term "nightmares" fits it better here .
The story is based on the Eddic poem "Baldr's Dream". I highly doubt it's a coincidence that Noctis has so much in common with Baldr. ;)
So who is the traitor now that it's not Shakespeare anymore? Honestly this whole adaptation thing I'm going to hold off judgement on.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I think that's reaching, you've drawn some details that aren't even there.
uhm...no?

Honestly this whole adaptation thing I'm going to hold off judgement on.
Sure, these things are only theories from me and it could be completely different in the end but hey that's just the fun part with speculation and interpretation. But if you look up some names/terms of the game and read through some of their mythologic background you will clearly see where it has its roots.

Well as I said it's only speculation and we will only know the truth when the final game's out. ;)

Nov 17, 2014
Okay, so I've become a bit obsessed with this artwork and made a picture with everything I had noticed (including a freaking vertical ship)
Is it possible that they're the Knights of the Round summon from FF7? I assume they're not kings since they're not wearing crowns. Just by the placement in the image, would that mean the Knights of the Round has main involvement in the Etro mythology?
Also, imagine if they're summoned in FFXV. I've already seen Ramuh being summoned, and I still can't get it out of my head. It'll be beyond-the-world epic, and I'm sure of it.

BTW I also noticed various silhouette of people standing directly below Etro.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
I just notice that this parry animation wasn't in the demo:

So what do you think? I think it's another Phantom Sword that gives you the ability to parry normal attacks with timing.. That would be great if true.

Mar 21, 2015
I noticed to the right of Etro(ultima) looks like a wolf head. (Fenris) also near the sun above her head looks like something of a bahamut wing or halo. I also beleive that the wings on her right side is Phoenix and the imagine doesn't just look like noctis but many heads. I saw at least 3.. Which makes me think of Phoenix reborn ability in light/fire.

Also which I love is I found the grim reaper in Etro's darkened dress.

Weirdly enough I see bismark underneath the kraken.

:)

7 swords for 7 party members? I see 3 people behind the 4 in front. Not including the nights of the round.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Her Japanese name is Cidney, so this is a big flub by the localization team lol
Yea I have notice this, everyone need to inform Square Enix localization to fix this lol. I might be over exaggerating but Cidney fits the whole Cid trend far much better.

Found this
Perhaps one of the cities from trailer?
s1.uploads.su/gjx23m8.jpg
That actually looks spooky, like some ghosts standing in the distance. Is there anyway you can take a closer look? Perhaps doing that car glitch that allowed people to find Titan?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Really? I can only see Black and Blue. XD
LOL

Yea I have notice this, everyone need to inform Square Enix localization to fix this lol. I might be over exaggerating but Cidney fits the whole Cid trend far much better.
Yeah, it's Cidney in Japanese, why not Cidney in English?

That actually looks spooky, like some ghosts standing in the distance. Is there anyway you can take a closer look? Perhaps doing that car glitch that allowed people to find Titan?
They are using the glitch just to get that picture, it looks to be part of a town.

So, I have killed over 15 Behemoths and nothing has happened... I give up unless someone has any ideas.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Yeah, it's Cidney in Japanese, why not Cidney in English?

They are using the glitch just to get that picture, it looks to be part of a town.
Yea, it actually make no sense why it isn't Cidney in English, would they really make the Aeris/Aerith translation error in this year and age.

I guess I watched to many ghost vids lol. :p

Most likely is a town, look to the left and you can even see what a appears to be a huge bridge! Neat!

Feb 21, 2015
That town is Lastallum, what your seeing is the mining facility behind it. It can be clearly seen more at night looking in its direction by the chocobo post. It is also on a ridge like it is in its concept art. That would also make sense because we know that Titan rests under the Astral Shard opposite of Lastallum and Titan is a part of that whole part of the game.

Feb 21, 2015
I think that's reaching, you've drawn some details that aren't even there. Also, why is Noctis sideways then in the painting...? Or is he just sleeping sideways but looking like he's standing up?

So who is the traitor now that it's not Shakespeare anymore? Honestly this whole adaptation thing I'm going to hold off judgement on.
Concerning all Final Fantasy games, they pull from multiple sources of inspiration so no doubt Final Fantasy XV Still pulls from "Shakespeare's Hamlet as well as Romeo and Juliet" and maybe a bit of "Baldr's Dream."
I find it interesting that Luna has flower patterns on her dress and Ophelia from Hamlet is know for that kinda aesthetic. 640px-Ophelia_1894.jpg

Also Stella, is probably her sister, and she is more like Juliet. Not to mention they also probably have a brother who is the hooded man. Though this is opinion and speculation based on various hints so it might be different.