1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV -Spoiler Discussion Thread-

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Crystal Power, Mar 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Luminous-Night

Luminous-Night Yevonite

Concerning all Final Fantasy games, they pull from multiple sources of inspiration so no doubt Final Fantasy XV Still pulls from "Shakespeare's Hamlet as well as Romeo and Juliet" and maybe a bit of "Baldr's Dream."
    I find it interesting that Luna has flower patterns on her dress and Ophelia from Hamlet is know for that kinda aesthetic. 640px-Ophelia_1894.jpg

Also Stella, is probably her sister, and she is more like Juliet. Not to mention they also probably have a brother who is the hooded man. Though this is opinion and speculation based on various hints so it might be different.

2. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

This guy gets it.
    I believe it's more Tida/Tidus thing than a translation error. Someone figured that western audience would prefer Cindy over Cidney for whatever reason.

3. Luminous-Night

Luminous-Night Yevonite

That's the mining facility behind Lestallum. jxjlrdv8qgl4qxjjozvw-30 (dragged).jpg

If you go to the Chocobo Post at night and look in that direction you can see the town lit up in front of it.

4. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Cidney is a real name. It's a variant of Sydney.

5. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

[​IMG]

Crystal Power likes this.
  6. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

[​IMG]

7. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

I hope that was a joke because there's clearly a snake . o_O

8. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

the snake is probably true since there's one in the logo.

one could even say it alludes to Lindzei, since its told to be a viper/snake on XIII tales.

9. LeonBlade

[​IMG]

10. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

..........?

11. XZeroRus

XZeroRus Balamb Garden Freshman

ray tracing
    s1.uploads.su/c9he7cf.jpg

LeonBlade, Orenji and Crystal Power like this.
  12. Luna

Luna Balamb Garden Freshman

Are you talking about Haz? He said, "No comment." Either way, it does seem as though Stella has been renamed to Luna.

13. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

No, it doesn't seem like this in any way. Why do so many people believe this?
    First and foremost changing a name doesn't make any sense. We finally know that her real name is Lunafreya Nox Fleuret which means that "Luna" definitely isn't an alias for Stella ( what many people thought since TGS). They look different ( Stella seems older) and both have different andornments. Both have similar meanings to their names: Stella ~ Star, Luna ~ Moon which fits perfectly for siblings. But the most important part -> We haven't seen her taking over any scene of Stella from the versus XIII trailers and as long as this don't happen ( and it won't happen) they're most definitely sisters and Stella is the older one.

Fun fact: Back in 2013 Nomura said that finding a voice for Stella was really hard. They needed several years to find a fitting voice actor for her and the result can be heard in the E3 2013 trailer.

LeonBlade likes this.
  14. Lucina

Lucina Red Wings Commander

Stella's been replaced. :banghead:

15. Luna

Luna Balamb Garden Freshman

Good observations.

I don't think Stella's been replaced or that her name has changed. What I meant was that Haz's reaction, and the surprising movie shown at the end of the demo, really do make it seem as though SE wants the Stella/Luna puzzle to remain ambiguous.

In any case, only time will tell what the actual situation is. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

16. Rezon

Rezon PSICOM Soldier

Can someone post a picture of the Moogle doll?
    Also are the rumors of the Tonberry in the cave at night true?

17. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

LeonBlade likes this.
  18. LeonBlade

There are a lot of people that have opinions on XV's storyline that I don't see how they think either... With Stella and Luna it's something that's purposefully shrouded in mystery. If it was a simple as a rename, they wouldn't have dragged it on this long. What sort of reveal is LUNA IS STELLA! Pretty underwhelming if you ask me... and not worth the delay in information. So, I think there's still more to it like you say.

[​IMG]
    Look in Cindey's truck hanging by the mirror.
    As for the Tonberry... probably not, but I wouldn't know where to look. The Behemoth thing is a lie as well... I killed 15 Behemoths and NOTHING happened... I asked the guy from GameSpot that said this TWICE on Twitter and he hasn't responded to me.

Infest likes this.
  19. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Yeah I read some really weird assumptions earlier about how the story might start. I constantly facepalmed myself while reading this. x)

yep as I said I'm really, really sure they're both siblings but I'm still expecting some kind of twist here. There's some really important piece of information to this whole story we don't know of yet.

Tbh I was kinda dissapointed when I saw this yesterday. I thought the doll would be a collectible/ an item and also a little bit bigger. ^^

Crystal Power and LeonBlade like this.
  20. Rezon

Rezon PSICOM Soldier

Has somebody tried to activate Ramuh at the same time as a airship is in the area?
    Would be tricky to pull of the timing but it would be interesting to see if it gets destroyed.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!