1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV -Spoiler Discussion Thread-

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Crystal Power, Mar 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

Not gonna happen.

2. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

You can already level your characters up to lv. 100 in Final Fantasy VIII and you can already make damage up to ( or even above) 1 million in XIII.

3. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I meant something like TALES OF games, which have a level 200 cap.

4. LeonBlade

No reason for FF to break the standard of Level 99/100.

5. Leopold_Bloom

Leopold_Bloom Yevonite

Well, they did say in London that they have not decided if 99 will be the level cap in the game. They may go higher.
    Can't say for certain.

6. Noctis Strife

Noctis Strife Yevonite

7. Death Penalty

Death Penalty Clan Centurio Member

It's possible given Tabata's comments, but if you really think about it it's a pretty meaningless change. Balancing is more what it's about here, how long it takes you to level up and what benefits each level provides. The numbers are arbitrary for damage, too. 1 billion damage is the same as 1 million or 9999 if enemies are balanced around the damage system in the same way.

LeonBlade likes this.
  8. LeonBlade

Well, I think you can look at it a little differently from how we previously viewed his statement about percentage, but I'm not sure if 80% is right just yet.

Exactly how I feel, I love that you mention 1 billion is the same as 1 million because it's true, scale wise the largest numbers will always be 100% in terms of how far something can go, balance is key to making leveling not tedious and unenjoyable after while going at a steady pace. It's something FF has done time and time again right, so I can't imagine them needing to break the mold for XV.

Noctis Strife and Death Penalty like this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!