Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 TRAILER

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Yes it's huge because it is made to outsize all past FFs. Lucis is the largest city in FF ever. If it's not then we can say they lied and beat them up.

Okay the quote is from SE website. it says
FF next generation to take off the veil finally
In the "Type-0 HD Final Fantasy" and "Final Fantasy XV trial version" comes decision!

"-EPISODE DUSCAE (episode Dasuka) -" as a special edited version was replaced with the deployment of some trial original beginning of the story, Hon-saku to have a subtitle that is dedicated, has decided to recorded the world's fastest. based on google translastion
I said better than Google... :mad:

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Noctis said he could use a bath.

Time to find a pond in-game.
Ha when he spoke that line, and Gladiolus said that they should find somewhere to crash. I immediately thought of them making a pitstop at some inn or hostel.

In the beginning of the trailer, you can even spot them driving past a pack of homes.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
If they put it as dlc I'd like to get Noct's place holder clothes from the early days of versus. Maybe add some runes on them to jazz 'em up.

I love everything in the trailer but I want to see more limit breaks and summoning. I'd love to fight that turtle with Bahamut.

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
Tabata seriously hit the nail on the head when referring to this game as a "road trip that focuses on brotherhood". Being that it's only natural for this game to be compared to FF VII, a genre-defining and standard-setting game, the exposition of FF XV is now well defined and apparent. FF VII's exposition features a ragtag alliance of freedom fighters launching a terrorist attack against a corrupt organization. In the beginning of FF IX, a band of thieves steal a princess and make off with her to travel the world. I could easily continue, but my point is made. Typically, the conflict in Final Fantasy games become evident extremely early on.
I think you're really right about FFVII being the natural comparison to draw, but what I'm really loving about the trailer is that it really seems to draw from many different Final Fantasys. Like what you mentioned about South Figaro Cave, FFXV feels like it rewards you for sticking through the entire series of games and paying careful attention, as opposed to like "Hey! Same monsters and attacks!" My hope is that FFXV shares interesting thematic elements or motifs with multiple past games and won't get pigeonholed as being too much like any single game in the series.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
Type-0 AND demo for March? I must be living in a parallel universe. Square-Enix may actually deliver on something?!

I can't pretend I'm not excited, because I bloody am. Let me work out my finances for the next half year to see if I can squeeze in a PS4 sometime when.

Yeah, her design here totally screams Namine-Serah, and I want to see how she looks re-enacting those two key scenes: confronting Noctis in the street, and meeting him by the Etro painting. It still pains me that they've ditched the original design.

Is Luna like an alias, ala Amalia for Ashe? Would seem a bit odd if they've renamed Stella all of a sudden, just as pointless as it would be to mention the name if the actual "Luna" in question isn't in the trailer.

And I also wonder how this game comes together tonally and thematically. Kingdoms are being invaded left, right and centre, treaties being broken, politics with a good dose of steel, a potential Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet setup with potential romance and likely tragic heartache, a supposedly "darker" kind of fantasy, elements of Fabula Nova Crystallis, of death goddesses and likelihood of L'Cies...and here is Noctis and company off cruising and being bros. Just makes me wonder how many of the themes designed for the old Versus XIII have survived the transition.
Well Not just stella but noctis looking is changed too developers can tell us everything, they can lie, they didnt change anything from the original game theme and story, but we gonna see when the game is release i BET the old Versus 13 is no more i bet they changed the music,characters,story plot.I remember nomura said back 2006-2007 this game will be the darkest,sad,tragic Ff game we ever played we gonna cry for weeks.Sorry but for me this all thing disappeared with the old 2006-2007-2011 trailers.

Sorry but how sould i describe this tgs 2014 trailer?
the gameplay (battle was cool) and the world was prety great,looking awesome but 4 metrosexual guy traveling the world with super rich sports car, and whining a lot i guess japanese fangirls now have orgasm lol...

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I really like Noctis early clothes though. But the ones he wears now are fine. I just want some color palette variety. Blues or reds or something.
No one really worrying about more allies or special attacks?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Well Not just stella but noctis looking is changed too developers can tell us everything, they can lie, they didnt change anything from the original game theme and story, but we gonna see when the game is release i BET the old Versus 13 is no more i bet they changed the music,characters,story plot.I remember nomura said back 2006-2007 this game will be the darkest,sad,tragic Ff game we ever played we gonna cry for weeks.Sorry but for me this all thing disappeared with the old 2006-2007-2011 trailers.

the gameplay (battle was cool) and the world was prety great,looking awesome but 4 metrosexual guy traveling the world with super rich sports car, and whining a lot i guess japanese fangirls now have orgasm lol...
What do you mean whining a lot... what is your deal dude? You always post this sort of stuff, I don't get it.

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On

You're right, Noctis is hot.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I guess he/she is trying to be edgy. It's not cool to be too excited and enjoy something too much. The metrosexual line seems the most loaded. I'd just ignore it. To me the characters seem decently put together. I don't agree with everything about their looks (never thought I'd say this but, too many characters wearing black). But overall I can tell they're all young adult men riding around the country trying to save/help people and get their crystal back. I just hope that in their attempt to have this game be dark and realistic it doesn't shun epic over-the-top martial arts and spells. I hope we don't just fight summons and never summon one. Or we only get limit break at the end of the game in the last dungeon. Or most of the time the skills you get are just passive and just prevent ailments and boost stats but don't (for example) sent a foe flying thru a wall.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
True. They say something and then run off after trying to start an argument. Other FFs won't be like this so people accept this one and move on to the next one when 16 comes out.

Last edited:

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
I think you're really right about FFVII being the natural comparison to draw, but what I'm really loving about the trailer is that it really seems to draw from many different Final Fantasys. Like what you mentioned about South Figaro Cave, FFXV feels like it rewards you for sticking through the entire series of games and paying careful attention, as opposed to like "Hey! Same monsters and attacks!" My hope is that FFXV shares interesting thematic elements or motifs with multiple past games and won't get pigeonholed as being too much like any single game in the series.
That's the best we can hope for. While "every Final Fantasy is different", XV has already shown that it revives and pays homage to many mainstay FF elements - especially with the newest demo exhibition. Needless to say, it has demonstrated many times over that it is very much a being of its own, but a Final Fantasy game at that. Accessibility meets classical style in a transformative ARPG.

I quite like this approach to fanservice and paying homage to previous Final Fantasy games. It's a nice slice of subtlety that doesn't suddenly turn your game into a blatant theme park with Magitek armour running around everywhere and maybe a Gold Saucer right there over the hill. Nothing wrong with what FFXIV is trying to do, of course because as an MMO, Eorzea is essentially a virtual theme park, but as mentioned above, while FFXV treads a line between new and classical, it doesn't go overboard enough that it keeps its identity.

If you ever hear people judging XV like its a boy band or a K-POP whatever, they're all trolls.
I'm fine with the concept of the game.
If other people bear an opinion that dramatically differs from yours, I don't see the need to immediately condescend and belittle them like this.

Last edited:
I say it's troll comments because they judge the footage at first glance and not understand the reason behind why the concept is as it is.
It's the internet. Most of the time, we will see troll comments gets up-voted the most on social sites for joking around and because of that, the same joke will get spread around on other social sites as if it's what everyone thinks about the trailer.... Which is obviously not true.
But not every K-pop comment is a troll attempt, given that well, it's kind of understandable why one would think that at first glance, especially if such a person is not too familiar or in the loop with the game. At worst, they're uninformed and/or premature. And for many, perhaps they just don't like the aesthetic, or have a bias against a game main cast so predominantly male-oriented. While I don't doubt that there has been genuine trolling, I don't think every comment should be construed as trolling. At least not any more than doing its equivalent, e.g. "generic space marine" or "grizzly, generic Caucasian dude".

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Does anyone have a link to an ultra HD version of this trailer? I know there was versions like that floating around for the E3 2013 trailer. Just hoping the same happened for this new one.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
I found this on the internet and I found it funny for some reason:

That is exactly what I see in my head (sarcasm intended) :chocowalk:
WOW! nice find!

Are they twins? Just a person who happens to look the same? ( lol not that one XD), or perhaps the "Alternate reality" ( get it? LOL) person of Stella when they had that "near death experience?"

That would be something pulling off a FFVIII when Squall randomly passes out and takes the person of Laguna (it is a dream though). Perhaps, this could be a simular thing going on here. I mean having a near death experience could be counted as a dream.