1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 TRAILER

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Sep 18, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Red Wings Commander

They kind of just ended all speculation in the new scans... She's confirmed Luna not Stella. She is also listed as a new character so it's not like Stella is dead.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

There has been nothing that says Stella has been scratched and discarded. Don't assume anything yet guys.
    This just makes the story a lot more interesting if you ask me. :chocowalk:

3. Takoyaki

So Luna is Stella's nobody.

4. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Stella must still be in the game. Tabata made it clear he didn't tamper with any of Nomura's characters after he was assigned to XV's development. Plus, Stella still appeared in last year's E3 trailer. Remember that Tabata joined the team in 2012.

5. Takoyaki

Yeah, that I'm confident in. Just wondering now if that similarities are intentional or not, lol.

6. Wazi the pa

Or maybe TWIN SISTER or a clone of her or or or.......
    It can be anything but DO NOT mix in Kingdom Hearts logic into this.... Please....

7. UNKLE

UNKLE Yevonite

"Plus, Stella still appeared in last year's E3 trailer."

Ahem when? yes in cg picture? lol... that little girl maybe it was not stella nobody know who was she.

8. Takoyaki

She was confirmed to be Stella. Nomura redesigned her because the original design was not his type of character.

You could pretty much see the redesign in the 2011 trailer. Don't think people notice it.

9. Tani

Tani Yevonite

As much i love this new trailer, i miss not seeing Stella. Yes i'd pick Stella over Luna :p
    Is it just me or anyone else here loves the original old design of Stella and not the redesign which we've seen last year?

10. Takoyaki

I feel like I'm the only one who likes her 2013 redesign. :(

LeonBlade likes this.
  11. Wazi the pa

You are not alone, young grasshopper.
    As a gamer, the theme, the setting, the characters and in general the overall concept, I'm really liking it.

Takoyaki likes this.
  12. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

I have no problem with 2013 Stella's hair, facial structure, or her mole, but the eyes aren't winning it for me. I think the 2008 trailer showing Noctis and Stella reluctantly clashing on the street nailed the look of the Stella I wanted. To me, she looked like a real person, which is a tad odd to say, considering the name of the franchise in question, and a woman in her early twenties. Redesign Stella's eyes are frankly, too big, too round and as a result, her design starts wandering off into anime character territory. In an effort to make her "cuter", or whatever it was that Nomura admitted to doing, she ends up looking conspicuously younger.

I've had plenty of people disagree with me on this, and that's perfectly fine. I know my eyes often see things that would leave other people scratching their heads and ask what I'm on, but this is a poorly articulated description of my take on the redesign. I'm not about to make unfounded assertions of what her personality is based on one mugshot from a trailer. xD

13. Takoyaki

Yeah, I understand that. It might have changed a bit since then, but it looked more... Nomurian? in the E32013 trailer. And while I don't have an issue with KH/Anime style, it wouldn't fit Versus/XV.

Who knows though, maybe the model looks better!

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Yevonite

I agree with @Fleur and because I share the same vision. I don't know why but the new visual seems a lit bit off from her personality and from the rest of the cast of the game.
    Look at that image that shows the face of everyone and you will see that only her has that giant eyes, that makes her a little childish now. She looked much more adult and confident back in 2011.

[​IMG]

@Takoyaki you said that see look more Nomurian but now I can only see an grow up Naminé. Nomura has a lot of female designs and they don't need to look like children's with big eyes and fragile face:

[​IMG]
    That's Aya Brea in Parasite Eve 2. Look how the design is still very "Nomurian" but she looks like someone to take serious. That's the point.
    I don't know why he changed Stella face that much to looks like Naminé... Turns out that crazy theory of FF versus KH can be true. :kefkalol::kefkalol::kefkalol:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    Orenji likes this.
  15. Takoyaki

That's pretty far back? his modern designs are quite different now lol. And frankly, I don't like that design or the ones back then much. I'm more for the modern stuff.

I don't think she looks any less confident or intimidating and I don't have much of an issue with the eyes. Just as Nomura said, its more his type of character. I can understand why you like her old design more, but maybe it's because I watch too much anime that I'm fine with it. :p

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  16. Tornak

Tornak ShinRa SOLDIER

I love Nomura's ART and lots of his designs, but when he does something wrong I absolutely hate it: he has both my favourite and most hated designs in the series (X's designs are a so awful to me that it made me dislike the game much more than I should).

I think Nomura's best design work is in games like Parasite Eve, where he can't go too crazy and is somewhat restrained. And yes, <3 Aya <3 is an amazing character design, simple yet recognizable, beautiful but serious:
    [​IMG]
    Basically that was Nomura's peak for me (with VII, VIII...), both in design (especially) and artstyle.

17. Leonhart

Leonhart Yevonite

Please don't take my like an ass for insist but It's not because it's far back... Look at a "modern" design for Lightning Returns:

[​IMG]

Her eyes seems OK, very mature and very Nomurian at the same time. I don't know if he changed Stella look because people used to compare her to Lightning back then...
    Now people compare her to Naminé or even Serah that has big eyes too.

[​IMG]

I like animes too and don't have a problem with big eyes... Since they fit with the character personality. I can't imagine Stella fighting Noct with this new visual.

Takoyaki likes this.
  18. Takoyaki

@Leonhart I'm not. Like I said, I don't necessarily disagree with you at all either. I liked both designs, just have a preference for the recent one. Heck, it might have changed again now that a year's passed. The model can also look a bit different as you go from cg art > in-game.

And Tornak, you be quiet... Yuna was amazing. :( But I loved X, lol.

Leonhart likes this.
  19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

I like her current look BUT I WANT TO MARRY HER ORIGINAL DESIGN
    [​IMG]
    :drool:

What's bothering me about Stella's 2013 render are her huge anime eyes. They make her look kinda childish and somehow weaker. However, Luna in the most recent trailer has normal-sized eyes so if they are really twins it gives me some hope.
    Now that I think of it, was it ever confirmed that the girl in 2013 render was actually Stella? Maybe it was Luna all along and real Stella's design hasn't changed

20. Leonhart

Leonhart Yevonite

Nomura stated that the blond girl in the 2013 render is Stella with a redesign. Here an interview with him:

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!