1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XVI Discussions (TBA)

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Skye, Oct 18, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Leon Aether

Leon Aether PSICOM Soldier

Oh please don't say that! I'm gonna cry! Really! Final Fantasy is not just a gaming series for me, and I suppose for many of us... I would definitely be shocked if I heard such news one day...

As for the pure medieval games I agree. But still, the entire world of these entries lives in an old fashioned way, so that's why I believe they are "pure" medieval, compared to VII or VIII where cars, spaceships and such staff dominate...

Sapientia likes this.
  2. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I agree. It's way more than just a video game series. You know what they say..."Final Fantasy will never be final."
    And yeah, I got you. :)

3. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

I'm more amazed that we don't know anything about it yet. FFXV should have been out years ago and old news. We should be talking about FFXVI.

Sapientia likes this.
  4. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I'm still pegging on Agni's Philosophy turning into a full-blown game. Maybe ideas are already brewing, who knows? As for FFXV, yeah, it should've been out what, four years ago? But at the same time I'm glad they pushed it to next-gen. That means they can pack in so much more content, and I think it might be for the better.

5. Squirrel Emperor

Agni's Philosophy is just a tech demo showcasing what Luminous Engine is capable of. That's its created purpose.

Could it be a game? Could the next game use the characters, contents and ideas used in that trailer? That's completely up to the next director.

Don't be surprised if you hear stuff about content being scrapped after the game comes out due to reasons such as budget constraints, hurts the pace of the game and can't get it to work properly. This is a normal thing that happens in game development.

6. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I meant more that I'd like to see Agni's Philosophy turn into a game, I know it was just created for the tech demo.

7. Dollow

Dollow Yevonite

No,

It is use a custom engine for the game with only the Lighting part from the Luminous Engine at this point.

8. Leon Aether

Leon Aether PSICOM Soldier

I really wish that happen too! The world of that demo was something entirely new for the series! Agni was so well developed too.. Maybe they have considered it...

Sapientia likes this.
  9. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Well, it says a lot I'm more surprised we are seeing a third XIII game. Wouldn't have believed it if someone told me back in 2009. But who knows what'll happen with XVI? Maybe it'll come after XV-2 (if it's made).

10. Casval

Casval Yevonite

Not necessarily. SE released X-2 after XI. XV-2, if it were to exist, may not necessarily be a full-blown console game, either.

11. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

That's why I said maybe. XIV came out between the XIII series, maybe because it's a MMO like XI, but who knows.

12. Skye

Skye Yevonite

If XV-2 were made, the development won't take longer than XV, PS4 has the ability to produce games faster than PS3, AND PS2!!

If XVI announced with first full Luminous engine, the game would've completed in 2 years time

13. Orenji

Orenji PSICOM Soldier

I'm a little late to the party, but I think that it'd be great if XVI had a medieval setting. I'd also love it if it featured the world from Agni's Philosophy. That'd be a HUGE (and perhaps risky) move for the series, tho.

14. Eliotlienthal

Eliotlienthal Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Although I love Nomura's design and this "more realistic" characters and scenarios (that I hope will continue to be the main features for the series), I think XVI should go to a more IX vibe with a medieval set, stylized characters, etc...I think that should be good for a change.

Something that I thought these days and I would like to share with you is about the nova crystallis saga: don't you think it would've been great if they produced 3 games set in the same world but in different periods, a more medieval one (past = Agito XIII), a modern one (present = Versus XIII) and a sci-fi one (future = FFXIII). I think they should've used more aspects of the mythology involving the Fal'cie, L'cie and the gods to intertwine the stories in a coherent way...they even could've made some characters from the previous time to appear on the next one (Agito characters appearing on Versus XIII, or Versus characters appearing on XIII) maybe just on flashbacks about the events that changed the world or characters been released from crystal stasis after hundreds of years...of course the stories of the games as we know would have to be completely redone, but I think it'd been an interesting way to explore the mythos around fabula nova crystallis. What do you think?

Keriaku and Orenji like this.
  15. Squirrel Emperor

Sequels in general are always fast to produce as they reuse assets from the first game. The ground work has also been established too.

I highly doubt FFXVI, a brand new Final Fantasy game built from ground up, would take 2 years to make. This isn't a small project.

16. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

I want it to be turn based

17. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

Pretty sure they said in the past they see the future of FF as more of an action RPG. I wouldn't say to rule it out completely, but I can't see a console FF being a true turn-based RPG in the vein of FF1-10 again.

18. ShinGundam

ShinGundam Yevonite

What is so risky about Agni's Philosophies world? I can't think of anything different other than Arabs with AKs like in Military Shooters.

I am OK with this but i don't want an Auto-battle or slow animations.

19. Squirrel Emperor

When Kitase said that the next Final Fantasy could be a action-RPG, he was talking about FFXV. He also said that the global market shows players moving away from turn-based systems to action RPGs too.

However...

During E3 2013, Hashimoto said that future titles could still end up being something a bit more traditional. He thinks there is a future for both action-based and command-based RPG's.

In other words, it's completely up to the director. For FFXV, they felt that making it an action-RPG works the best.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Sapientia likes this.
  20. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

It'd be nice to think if there's demand from fans for something more traditional that they would go with it.

Sapientia likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!