FFXV 2019 DLC Content Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/2...-episodes-2019-goal-completing-ffxv-universe/

i don't know what to make of the "additional series" bit rather than "additional content"; isn't the first season pass more like an additional series already?

also they plan to reveal the dlcs in sequence, so i belive there won't be a second season pass.
Additional content to me sounds like individualized, episodic works, like the 3 episodes have been labeled as. Additional series to me sounds like what @Ikkin was describing before, whether or not DLC's will continue to focus on specific characters. When he talks about a new way to deliver content, I feel like he means integrating the content in the game as if it were to expand the story more. That to me sounds like a good way to "Complete" FFXV.

Sure, you could probably play Episode Ardyn separately, but if you want a more complete experience, having it actually integrate with what is going on in the game would be what they are trying to achieve.

Same thing could work for a Luna DLC, where at certain points in Lucis, you play as Luna between her time escaping Insomnia and arriving at Altissia. It could also work for Niflheim, but much more integrated as that would directly affect Noct's story, and not be focused on another character.

More about content expansions over content additions is what I think anyway.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I'll go ahead with my list:

1. Ardyn. Indentical to how Ikkin describing what it could be.

2. Luna. More scenarios in regards to her involvements in Lucis from the earlier chapters, Tenebrae expanded, more cutscenes strengthening her relationship with Noct via childhood flashbacks + more interactions between her and Ravus in regards to conflict related to Luna's duty.

3. Regis + Insomnia Prologue Expansion. Basically chapter 0 proper with additional cutscenes, with the intro opening up with Noctis being chosen by the crystal + Regis mourning his fate (basically Dawn trailer fleshed out), exploring insomnia, more interaction between Noctis & Regis, ending leading up to the bros departure for Altissia with the current chapter 0 CG cutscene being left intact.

Boom.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'll go ahead with list:

1. Ardyn. Indentical to how Ikkin describing what it could be.

2. Luna. More scenarios in regards to her involvements in Lucis from the earlier chapters, Tenebrae expanded, more cutscenes strengthening her relationship with Noct via childhood flashbacks + more interactions between her and Ravus in regards to conflict related to Luna's duty.

3. Regis + Insomnia Prologue Expansion. Basically chapter 0 proper with additional cutscenes, with the intro opening up with Noctis being chosen by the crystal + Regis mourning his fate (basically Dawn trailer fleshed out), exploring insomnia, more interaction between Noctis & Regis, ending leading up to the bros departure for Altissia with the current chapter 0 CG cutscene being left intact.

Boom.
Needs more Niflheim in there XD. The 2nd half should be top priority imo.

Edit: I guess that could be your 4th DLC :p

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Still brainstorming on the fourth one, and i did at least mention Tenebrae and referenced Ikkin's take on Ep. Ardyn which also included Gralea. :p

I wanted to include Noct's absence + WoR expansion, but at this point when Comrades exists i'm conflicted on whether or not if it'll end up in the main game in some form.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I just realized something but Square loves to preview new combat systems for episodes in the core game and they've done this twice before, once with Ch.13, Verse 2 that allowed you to experience Episode Gladio's gameplay well in advance and the other time with character switching which allowed you to experience Episode Ignis' gameplay in advance by like a week if I'm not mistaken? Anyways I was wondering if maybe Armiger Unleashed is a preview of sorts for Episode Ardyn? We have some ideas of what his story may cover and expand upon but his gameplay is still truly a mystery at this point so I'm wondering if it's based on something that's already in the game, is going to be in the game later, a hybrid of sorts, or just something completely new that's exclusive to Ardyn. Either way I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with him and the possibilities are exciting as hell to wonder about.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Still brainstorming on the fourth one, and i did at least mention Tenebrae and referenced Ikkin's take on Ep. Ardyn which also included Gralea. :p

I wanted to include Noct's absence + WoR expansion, but at this point when Comrades exists i'm conflicted on whether or not if it'll end up in the main game in some form.
I can see Comrades doing a good update on it with one final story based scenario. I feel like it has become our WoR at this point.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
*sigh* I feel like I’m the only one here that doesn’t like Comrades all too much since I found its existence needless by focusing on throw away characters instead of the main bros.

No second season pass means that people will need to pay a lot more to get everything for FFXV.

So there’s 2 ways about it, people will be happy they don’t have to pay for a season pass... but instead they’re actually going to pay more.

I’m aware that they do sales to keep the development going though.

The reason why I don’t like more episodes is because we already have 4 pieces of content where we have to stop the main game, switch over, then go back to the main game once we finish that.

If we make it 4 more individual character DLC that will be short and won’t cover much, then that brings it up to 8.

Way too much stop and start style gaming.

I’d rather the remaining 3 DLC be packs integrated into the main game thanks. Tabata already extended the time into 2019. There’s no reason they can’t do it that way.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
*sigh* I feel like I’m the only one here that doesn’t like Comrades all too much since I found its existence needless by focusing on throw away characters instead of the main bros.

No second season pass means that people will need to pay a lot more to get everything for FFXV.

So there’s 2 ways about it, people will be happy they don’t have to pay for a season pass... but instead they’re actually going to pay more.

I’m aware that they do sales to keep the development going though.

The reason why I don’t like more episodes is because we already have 4 pieces of content where we have to stop the main game, switch over, then go back to the main game once we finish that.

If we make it 4 more individual character DLC that will be short and won’t cover much, then that brings it up to 8.

Way too much stop and start style gaming.

I’d rather the remaining 3 DLC be packs integrated into the main game thanks. Tabata already extended the time into 2019. There’s no reason they can’t do it that way.

Don't worry, they already said they aren't doing separate character episodes anymore, it's going to be a different format (check xxshuyaxx's translations on the Famitsu and Dangeki interviews).

They are likely to be much closer to the main story too (from previous interviews)

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Since Tabata said they're going to do the 4 dlc i'm pretty sure about the content being the one leaked (Ardyn,Luna,Niffleheim and Prologue). So i will skip this part.
What burns my thoughts is what they're are going to do with more than a year updates.
Knowing they will give so much care i will say the content will fill all the remain holes. This is my list.

-Challenge difficulty: It will have cool down for items (like 15~20 seconds for each use), the action won't stop while you're in the item menu, give Noctis the hability to teleport to their bro's when they're injured to heal them with a potion without causing cool down( the hability is from Kingsglaive). The Ascension menu will be redone so some habilities don't give all their bonus stats, but being easier to obtain certain habilities. Food bonuses downgrade.
More health to some enemies (not all of them).

-Be able to call Cor, Aranea or Iris whenever you want for exploring Luciis once you reach Chapter 8 and the open area from Chapter 14 (and all the future ones like Cartanica once you reach C.15 to not break the narrative).

-Being able to control Cor, Aranea and Iris in combat.

-Add Cor as a challenger in the campfires.

-Add Iris and the bris as a challengers in the kingsgalive base in Chapter 14/15.

-Adding the Platinum Demo with part of Noctis Brotherhood story. Triggering the story when you go to Caem in Chapter 8 (the snake lady with swords is dropped by an airship). Making him remember the accident and the dream after that.

-A couple of Regis Scenes about Noctis remembering him.
-Add more lore (like in the conversation with Shiva update), in chapter 4 and 5 with Titan headaches and obtaining the covenant with Lamu.
Also a fight against Ravus in Chapter 5.
(Probably this two are going to be part of the dlc.)

-Add all 3 episodes stories (without the menu and side contents) into the main game. Borrowing the credit scenes with spoilers to put them in the corresponding place of the main game events, and changing the visions Ignis have to not spoil the ending. (Obviously this only happens if you purchased them).

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
All I’d want is a prompt at the appropriate point to say *Play Episode Prompto Now* if they have to remove some scenes due to spoilers, fine. If Episode Ignis was literally a prompt after Noctis gets sucked up by the crystal, fine. Just some kind of prompt to encourage people to play the episodes at the right point. That way complaints of missed story can be mitigated by it having been a personal choice to skip the episodes.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
All I’d want is a prompt at the appropriate point to say *Play Episode Prompto Now* if they have to remove some scenes due to spoilers, fine. If Episode Ignis was literally a prompt after Noctis gets sucked up by the crystal, fine. Just some kind of prompt to encourage people to play the episodes at the right point. That way complaints of missed story can be mitigated by it having been a personal choice to skip the episodes.
they need to edit the spoilers first tho

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Seeing they're going to work with this game to make it feel the "wish come true"experience. I hope they don't take this route.
Right now the game has a lot of menus telling you what to do.
It will feel really messy having a Pop Up telling you "hey, quit the game and go to the chapters option to learn what happened to Ignis in Altissia."

The way to do it should be:
-i
In chapter 9 at the moment Titan wall is broken by the wave caused by Leviatan, the game cuts to episode Ignis, at the scene with the Bros in a bridge. Taking out the intro because it doesn't fit to the narrative.
Then, you play till the part when Ignis and Ravus take a ship to the altar.
Before Ignis arrive the game plays the CGI sequence of Luna saying good bye to Noctis. After that Ignis arrive and sees Prynna which shows him the Chapter 0 with Noctis struggling against Ifrit, meanwhile Bahamuth is telling the Chosen will need to sacrifice his life to save everyone.
Then they find Luna dead, the chapter plays as usual (without appearing a single option menu when Ardyn asks you to go to Verse 2).
Instead of the credits they have to show full in screen Gladio puting Ignis in bed.
, following by the scene when Noctis learns Ignis is blind. The follow up is Ignis waking up from his bed to go speak with Noctis, tell him he can throw the towel and when Noctis says no, show them going to the boat to take the train.
Finally in Chapter 14, once you have eaten in the last campfire Noctis and Ignis have their speech, but when Ignis remembers kid Noctis this time is the entire scene of Regis asking him to protect his son (shown for first time in the main game) and then they procide to shake hands.

-With Gladio it's only needed to show a question mark in the map at the campfire where he tells his dlc.

-For Episode Prompto the game has to make Noctis take an obligatory nap in the train after he speaks with the old lady in Chapter 12 (so it feels cohesive having Prompto adventuring through days). Then Noctis goes to the train, says "it's snowing" and cuts to Episode Prompto.
All happens in a single run and ends with Ardyn singing the fanfare. The credits scene is unnecesary, so we never see it, but when Noctis arrive at the last checkpoint of Gralea (before Ravus fight) we see the scene of Noctis promising Prompto he will be a good king.
If BD2 feel like it they could show Ignis with a sad face when Noctis promises that. But it isn't needed.

And that's it! I've come up with the integration of the episodes RECIPEH!

Edits: A lot of bad grammar and structure of sentences.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
they need to edit the spoilers first tho
Yup, just give us 2 options. If we play from the menu, its the way its always been. However if the game detects that you have the 3 bros DLC, it will promptly ask you if you want to play their DLC in the meantime. Episode Gladio should be specifically prompted at the first campfire scene you go to (the game should tell you this) after Gladio comes back. Prompto's should happen at your first rest spot after getting him back. Ignis's could just be after Chapter 9 ends or something.

That way episode Prompto wouldn't need any spoiler changes, but yeah Ignis's needs to just have Bahamut talking to him without the flashes showing the end and remove his post credit scene. Completing this to the end will give you it at the end of the game.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So I've just been looking through this old leak again: http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/rumor-final-fantasy-xv-future-dlc-and-update-leak.7958/

And most people know now is oddly gotten a lot on Ignis right and where the game was heading at the time (Character Switching, Comrades, Off-Road Regalia, Bestiary, etc) while a few things were wrong. Its also possible that things just get scrapped along the way but I digress.

Anyway my point is, recent interviews look like they've been hinting at the DLC being more important than the last ones, possibly affecting the main game, etc.
This leak only goes into detail on Episodes Ardyn and Luna:

"Episode Luna: Noctis and Luna sneak off to together during their stay in Altissia prior to the summoning. Features interchangable gameplay with Noct and Luna as well as many cutscenes revealing Luna's past. Luna plays a supportive role buffing Noctis, healing and debuffing enemies Fight as Luna using a rapier capable of delivering swift attacks which can stagger and break enemy appendages. For free the ability to swim, gradually drains stamina. Optional sidequest; Terror in the caves of Tennebrae and the Hard difficulty. On Hard enemies have the ability to buff each other and call for backup. Hard mode will also limit your use of items in battle, introducing battle items a small collection of items you can use while out in the field, you restock when you rest. The Arcana ascension grid will be added giving you the ability to buff up your spells and unlock new ones.

Episode Ardyn: As Ardyn hunt down the strongest Daemons and take their powers for yourself. Fight human soldiers and hunters getting in your way and transform the world into the hellish landscape of chapter 14 of Final Fantasy XV. Also discover his traumatic past and the truth behind the stories in the Cosmogony. For free, adding the world of ruin questline. Rally to reunite your old friends for the final battle ahead. Many Daemons will be added, there are discussions of bringing in the WEAPONs from FFVII. King of Light difficulty mode. More HP and damage output to enemies in addition to an adaptive AI that learns from your way of playing and counters it. Longer battles will become much more difficult. Beating Ardyn in King of Light mode will cause him to transform into his much stronger final form where the chocobros rejoin the team along with the 13 Lucian kings to battle Astral Chaos Ardyn in a fight that will make the very ground of Lucis tremble. King of Light armor costume and Herald of Light for bros."

While not certain we would get scenarios specifically like this (though it is VERY possible since it also "guessed" a decent amount Prompto's and almost all of Ignis's scenarios), the content each brings makes me thing this could be how they affect the main game:

-Adding difficulty modes
-Magic/Arcana grid (which makes sense for a Luna episode)
-Adding more to original boss fights (Though I'd only be okay with this for Ardyn if it was BEFORE the final cutscene, not in the astral plane)
-Adding more dungeons in the base game as a result (A Tenebrae one sounds cool)

I'm not saying the DLC would look anything like this, but I like the idea of bringing in new ways to play and I feel like it semi-aligns with what the devs may be talking about these last few interviews.

Other noteworthy things:
1. This leak talks about is that it definitely did get the Comrades DLC incorrect. It is not in Niflheim, but its also possible they just decided to change the Lucis landscape to save time and make the deadline and Niflheim could very well be improved in the base game as a 3rd or 4th DLC.
2. We can't take our Comrades character with us in the base game fully, but
Royal Edition leaks point to them joining your party for a side-quest now
3. WoR timeskip Lestallum, etc is still unavailable right now, but its possible the ability to travel to Insomnia directly may be coming with the Royal Edition (we don't know yet)
4. Talks about how the multiplayer update may get the WoR look to it eventually.

Idk, just found it all interesting. I'm personally hoping for the 4 Chan leak to be right with Ardyn, Luna, Niflheim, and an Insomnia prologue.

It'd be cool if any of the DLC allowed us to explore more of Accordo, Northern Lucis, Cavaugh, or Galahd more (though I'm sure Nifilheim takes the cake for most people)

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I personally hope for:

1. EP Ardyn
2. EP Regis (a sort of prequel of his journey that leads into some recreated events from Kingsglaive into the main game)
3. For the Niffs to receive the "Royal Treatment" LOL - (basically expanded map for chapters 10,11,12)
4. A playable younger Noctis in a dream when the real one sleeps in the crystal. A sort of playable dream that is distorted.

(I personally think the Extra Luna scenes should be free updates and not a DLC)

Feb 19, 2018
I personally hope for:

1. EP Ardyn
2. EP Regis (a sort of prequel of his journey that leads into some recreated events from Kingsglaive into the main game)
3. For the Niffs to receive the "Royal Treatment" LOL - (basically expanded map for chapters 10,11,12)
4. A playable younger Noctis in a dream when the real one sleeps in the crystal. A sort of playable dream that is distorted.

(I personally think the Extra Luna scenes should be free updates and not a DLC)
Honestly I'm surprised Platinum Demo despite being canon was never expanded upon. I'd love it if they could actually integrate it into the game even if they just put it in the "special" menu along with Ch. 13, Verse 2. Also give me some dreamscape otherworldly shit with Luna. Have Noctis go on a journey in the crystal with her which will enhance his 10 years of reflection story wise. Have them maybe journey through pre invasion Insomnia and view Noctis' memories together. Maybe have Luna mentally prepare Noctis by finally telling him everything in full detail and even have a Bahamut boss fight in the crystal to help train the chosen king for the coming battle. The dreaming aspect of Noctis was pretty half-assed overall in the game so it needs to be built up more imo. As it stands right now it's super odd that Noct witnesses the events of Omen which is canon, canonically has that dream adventure with Carbuncle that isn't even included in the game, is shown to be constantly asleep in Brotherhood, and has a dream conversation with Luna right before she dies yet it never really plays into the plot in a substantial way. I feel like adding a truly playable dream sequence like a crystal journey with Noct sorting out his fears and memories would be great as it could give us a lot more Luna, playable pre invasion Insomnia and other events, and lastly tie together and give proper importance to the dreaming aspect of Noctis' character. Hell imagine the childhood trauma Noct probably had of Glauca dropping from the sky and mowing down all the nice people that were just alive and greeting him a moment ago including Luna's mom. Have them put that trauma to rest by taking a dream manifestation of Glauca down. Either way lots of untapped potential on that front.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
We REALLY need a few simple quality of life patches:

-Mapping the controls freely (or finally switching the jump and interact buttons)
-The ability to change Km/Miles and Meters/Feet
-The ability to change the main game screen (from Night Somnus version or Dawn Post-Game version)
-And maybe the ability to swap the objective markers from the red squares to the yellow arrows as in EP Duscae

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
My DLC Wishes:

Niffleheim Expansion
Lucis Expansion
Insomnia - Prologue/Kingsglaive

Patch Wishes:
Luna's Activities
Bahamut Summon
All of Altissia
Brotherhood Episodes - Integrated into the game, and played at appropriate times in the story - Prompto's plays after he and Noctis talk on the roof, Gladio's plays after he and Noct argue on the train, etc.

Not going to write everything all out again, but if you're interested in some more things I'd like I made a very detailed post on the reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comme...i_want_going_forward/?st=jeher0io&sh=adebc724

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
My DLC Wishes:

Niffleheim Expansion
Lucis Expansion
Insomnia - Prologue/Kingsglaive

Patch Wishes:
Luna's Activities
Bahamut Summon
All of Altissia
Brotherhood Episodes - Integrated into the game, and played at appropriate times in the story - Prompto's plays after he and Noctis talk on the roof, Gladio's plays after he and Noct argue on the train, etc.

Not going to write everything all out again, but if you're interested in some more things I'd like I made a very detailed post on the reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comme...i_want_going_forward/?st=jeher0io&sh=adebc724
agree with everything minus brotherhood eps integrated into the story and lucis expansion, i just feel they aren't necessary because the game already focus heavily on their friendship; also it would be awkard to watch them while playing... and we already explore lucis a hell lot.

We REALLY need a few simple quality of life patches:

-Mapping the controls freely (or finally switching the jump and interact buttons)
-The ability to change Km/Miles and Meters/Feet
-The ability to change the main game screen (from Night Somnus version or Dawn Post-Game version)
-And maybe the ability to swap the objective markers from the red squares to the yellow arrows as in EP Duscae
i just wish i could swap the entire HUD or more customizations lol there's many unnecessary and awnfully placed information... btw that map of the PC demo didn't make it to the final windows version.