GameTrailers - Top 10 Worst Final Fantasy Games

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
You're saying people criticize FFXIII for things they praise in other games.

I'm saying that's probably because those games do a better job at it then FFXIII does.

Your issue with linearity from earlier I imagine is one of those things you're talking about. People criticize FFXIII's linearity but not CoD's. That's probably because CoD doesn't have you running through uninteresting corridors over and over again like FFXIII does. To those people, CoD does a better job at linearity then FFXIII does. So they praise it, or, not complain and say much about it.

You're going to have to elaborate and give examples if I still don't get it.

Well that's the thing. I honestly didn't find an of the corridors "uninteresting" in FFXIII. I was always hooked to the story, the character development, battle system, music and progression. COD on the other hand is crap to me. Once you play one, you played all of them and their stories, narratives, gameplay, settings and even multiplayer are very bland.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Well that's the thing. I honestly didn't find an of the corridors "uninteresting" in FFXIII. I was always hooked to the story, the character development, battle system, music and progression. COD on the other hand is crap to me. Once you play one, you played all of them and their stories, narratives, gameplay, settings and even multiplayer are very bland.
Well, for one I don't praise COD because of its linearity. And we return to the argument of linearity. As I said, many people dislike the game not only because of the linearity, but because of many aspects you like. Some strongly dislike the characters, the way the story is told, regard the music as inferior to other games in the series, the terrible progression, and some even dislike the battle system.

Sep 26, 2013
I don’t see how your personal preference makes FFXIII critics hypocrites though. If people are criticizing FFXIII for things they praise in other games, then it’s probably because those things are designed better and implemented nicely. They do a better job at making those things work then FFXIII does.

Well, for one I don't praise COD because of its linearity. And we return to the argument of linearity. As I said, many people dislike the game not only because of the linearity, but because of many aspects you like. Some strongly dislike the characters, the way the story is told, regard the music as inferior to other games in the series, the terrible progression, and some even dislike the battle system.
Yeah. I don’t want to give the impression that FFXIII’s only issue is linearity. The game has been heavily criticized in every area.

Apr 25, 2014
I took FF13 as a complete waste of money and a total disappointment, the only FF I have honestly regretted buying.

It pretty much sullied the FF name for me, and it pains me to no end that they continued this crappy series.

I was soooo hoping for it to be dropped and a better FF be made.

Lightning lightning lightning... who cares about this dumb bitch honestly, the story is terrible, the characters are atrocious, and the music is basically non existent in the game.

The combat system is a complete joke and not at all enjoyable to play imo.

I did not mind the VA in 12 but damn 13 just grinds my gears, I cannot stand it in any way shape or form. I personally don't believe full VA should even be in an FF game but that's just me I guess.

I remember when we used our imagination and relied on the amazing audio to shape these amazing worlds we fell so deeply in love with. I just don't feel any sense of that in the recent FF games. :(

FF series has become half graphics half voice acting, and ignore the rest.