1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Front Gate' started by Ragnarok, Apr 7, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Hello everyone! I've been lurking here on these forums for a while, and I finally decided to make an account. I'm really excited for FFXV, and I'll try occasionally to give my input on some discussions here. :)

Zero and dissasterrific like this.
  2. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

Welcome to Mognet!

I'm assuming from your name and avatar that FFVIII is your favourite FF. Whilst I may not share that same opinion I do share the excitement for FFXV!

See you around the forums :D

3. Ragnarok

Thank you!

Haha yes, it is my favourite indeed. :D Which one is your favourite?

4. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

Final Fantasy IX is my favourite, closely followed by VII :) I don't dislike FFVIII, how can I when it has "Man With the Machine Gun"?! And it does have some pretty epic moments. For me it was the battle system that let it down - I was terrible at the Junctioning stuff. I blame Quistis - her 10 hour tutorials clearly weren't enough :p

5. Ragnarok

IX is really close to be my favourite too actually. VIII was my first FF so I guess that's why it stays number one for me. :) Haha yeah, those Quistis tutorials... :D The battle system isn't the best, I agree, but I think it's the story, locations, characters and the overall atmosphere that does it for me with VIII.

6. dissasterrific

dissasterrific fal'Cie Goddess Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

Welcome, Ragnarok! I'm currently doing a replay of VIII lately with a new-found appreciation for it, since it's one of my least favorite stories in the series.

7. Ragnarok

Thanks!

I hope you enjoy playing VIII. I always do when I decide to start playing it again. :)

8. Zero

Zero Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Welcome to MNC, Ragnarok. Always nice to meet another big fan of VIII :D

9. Ragnarok

Thank you! Yeah, VIII needs more love within the FF fanbase. :)

10. RetroPS4

RetroPS4 PSICOM Soldier

It sure does, and with all the people bringing the artistic comparisons between VIII and XV, I wonder if it will continue to spark more intererst in it. I also enjoyed FFVIII quite a lot. It has a solid and interesting story and world-even if the Junction system and Draw magic is kind of strange:)

11. Ragnarok

^ It's really interesting to see all those comparisons, and it's one more reason to be even more excited for XV. The Draw system in VIII makes battles a bit boring sometimes, but yeah... Apparently it hasn't stopped me from playing the game again and again. :)

12. RetroPS4

RetroPS4 PSICOM Soldier

Ha, ha. I can't wait to see and feel the full combat in XV. I think its going to be bananas!

13. Ragnarok

^ I was just playing the Platinum Demo again today, and the combat feels quite fun,especially with the airstep sword and shuriken. Even though I haven't fully grasped the battle system yet, I really like it and can't wait to see all the stuff we can do in the combat of the full game.

Chocobocoholic likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!