Hello!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ragnarok

Balamb Garden Freshman
Apr 7, 2016
Finland
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here on these forums for a while, and I finally decided to make an account. I'm really excited for FFXV, and I'll try occasionally to give my input on some discussions here. :)

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
Welcome to Mognet!

I'm assuming from your name and avatar that FFVIII is your favourite FF. Whilst I may not share that same opinion I do share the excitement for FFXV!

See you around the forums :D

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
Final Fantasy IX is my favourite, closely followed by VII :) I don't dislike FFVIII, how can I when it has "Man With the Machine Gun"?! And it does have some pretty epic moments. For me it was the battle system that let it down - I was terrible at the Junctioning stuff. I blame Quistis - her 10 hour tutorials clearly weren't enough :p

Ragnarok

Balamb Garden Freshman
Apr 7, 2016
Finland
IX is really close to be my favourite too actually. VIII was my first FF so I guess that's why it stays number one for me. :) Haha yeah, those Quistis tutorials... :D The battle system isn't the best, I agree, but I think it's the story, locations, characters and the overall atmosphere that does it for me with VIII.

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
Welcome, Ragnarok! I'm currently doing a replay of VIII lately with a new-found appreciation for it, since it's one of my least favorite stories in the series.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Thank you! Yeah, VIII needs more love within the FF fanbase. :)
It sure does, and with all the people bringing the artistic comparisons between VIII and XV, I wonder if it will continue to spark more intererst in it. I also enjoyed FFVIII quite a lot. It has a solid and interesting story and world-even if the Junction system and Draw magic is kind of strange:)

Ragnarok

Balamb Garden Freshman
Apr 7, 2016
Finland
^ It's really interesting to see all those comparisons, and it's one more reason to be even more excited for XV. The Draw system in VIII makes battles a bit boring sometimes, but yeah... Apparently it hasn't stopped me from playing the game again and again. :)

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
^ It's really interesting to see all those comparisons, and it's one more reason to be even more excited for XV. The Draw system in VIII makes battles a bit boring sometimes, but yeah... Apparently it hasn't stopped me from playing the game again and again. :)
Ha, ha. I can't wait to see and feel the full combat in XV. I think its going to be bananas!

Ragnarok

Balamb Garden Freshman
Apr 7, 2016
Finland
^ I was just playing the Platinum Demo again today, and the combat feels quite fun,especially with the airstep sword and shuriken. Even though I haven't fully grasped the battle system yet, I really like it and can't wait to see all the stuff we can do in the combat of the full game.