How do you feel about Final Fantasy XV and its marketing reliance on "feedback"?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I bet Tabata was more than happy to get rid of Stella. Matter of fact, if Stella was real, this is probably how he would have done it:

Stella's fine, so he's gotta smash that pussy at least once before throwing her out the door.
Why not do both at once?
What the hell is wrong with you, kid?

I hope that FFXVI has not even a sand grain of user feedback to influence its creation, especially if Hiroyuki Ito is directing it.
Oh my God not this again.
Oh, no no no no no *closes the door*

Last edited:

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
Need to get with the times, brah. Tabata must've torn up that pussy real good before telling Stella to walk. Luna is his new bitch, while Stella is Nomura's leftover trash. No man in power wants sloppy seconds when it comes to women. If you're taking over where somebody left off (Nomura), you best be given a fresh bitch, not the same one the previous guy was fucking for 8 years while in development hell.
Arg! My eyes!

Need to get with the times, brah. Tabata must've torn up that pussy real good before telling Stella to walk. Luna is his new bitch, while Stella is Nomura's leftover trash. No man in power wants sloppy seconds when it comes to women. If you're taking over where somebody left off (Nomura), you best be given a fresh bitch, not the same one the previous guy was fucking for 8 years while in development hell.
The times? I thought it was just American slang. Yours in particular.

Nova_Somnus

Balamb Garden Freshman
I like how marketing feedback for a Japanese video game turns into a discussion about an American rapper.
You're late, brah:
Anyway, before we return back to the subject of the OP after this brief derailment, here my fave song by Kendrick Lamar.
Returning to the OP, I think feedback is a bad idea and hope FF16 has no feedback to influence its creation.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Go away, Galv.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Initially I was all for these ATR's, especially after those agonizing info droughts. Although, it seems like it's becoming a sort of crutch for Tabata and the dev team. Like they seem unsure of themselves, while hoping to appease every type of gamer. I think a lot of that has to do with Nomura having been removed from the project, and honestly I feel that the current leads aren't nowhere as committed to the ideas as Nomura and his hand picked crew were. They did not have part in creating and building the world and its characters. Nomura is probably under oath to keep silent on these matters, still wish he would make a comment. I mean it was his game after all...

I honestly just want to see more of the game shown off. I'm pretty over Duscae at this point. I would love a new trailer in the vein of that legendary E3 2013 one, hopefully Gamescon delivers.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Initially I was all for these ATR's, especially after those agonizing info droughts. Although, it seems like it's becoming a sort of crutch for Tabata and the dev team. Like they seem unsure of themselves, while hoping to appease every type of gamer. I think a lot of that has to do with Nomura having been removed from the project, and honestly I feel that the current leads aren't nowhere as committed to the ideas as Nomura and his hand picked crew were. They did not have part in creating and building the world and its characters. Nomura is probably under oath to keep silent on these matters, still wish he would make a comment. I mean it was his game after all...

I honestly just want to see more of the game shown off. I'm pretty over Duscae at this point. I would love a new trailer in the vein of that legendary E3 2013 one, hopefully Gamescon delivers.
I agree with seeing Duscae over and over, but the team definitely seem committed to the project 110%.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
I agree with seeing Duscae over and over, but the team definitely seem committed to the project 110%.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm certain that the designers are working their asses off to bring XV to completion. I meant that Nomura and the original team developed the world and concepts with lots of consideration and creative planning, there was a vision he wanted to bring to life.

He wore a lot of hats during his time with the project, and was essentially the crux that held it together, along with the leads he felt would be best for the job. When you remove crucial elements like that from a huge ongoing project, and pass things off to another director who wasn't there from the get go (regardless of how good he is) some things are going to be lost. If things don't click with them changes will be made to accommodate the new direction. Which is pretty what's been happening.

I do believe Tabata is a fully capable game director, but that doesn't change the fact that he is not Nomura.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
While whether or not this is just a marketing ploy remains to be seen; however, I think this is a step in the right direction for the time being. Square-Enix has had a long period of time where it was perceived that consumer feedback wasn't important to them for reasons we may never truly learn of. They especially were adverse to hearing from the West in particular. However, now after numerous polarizing game releases, they are starting to realize that feedback and constructive criticism is important from all fans across the globe. Not just the Japanese. We've seen this primarily during the development stages of Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn and Lighting Returns. So this isn't something just specific to Tabata as some posts in this thread seem to imply. We've even had the likes of Kitase ask gaming journalists directly for the opinions of western fans regarding Final Fantasy. After all the pleas and cries for our voices to be heard, Square-Enix is finally answering the call by opening the dialogue their fans have craved for. This is a good thing. While not all feedback will effect the final product for various reasons, we are at least being acknowledged. Something people are taking for granted and not truly being appreciative of.

Nova_Somnus

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feedback in not needed during game development unless you have an incompetent director helming the game. Tabata has already proven he's lacklustre with The 3rd Birthday and Type-0 HD, so it's no wonder he's relying on feedback for FF15. He really doesn't want to fuck it up and sink the entire company. I have to respect him for that at least, even if he's the worst FF director alongside Toriyama.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Feedback in not needed during game development unless you have an incompetent director helming the game. Tabata has already proven he's lacklustre with The 3rd Birthday and Type-0 HD, so it's no wonder he's relying on feedback for FF15. He really doesn't want to fuck it up and sink the entire company. I have to respect him for that at least, even if he's the worst FF director alongside Toriyama.
Any game (directly or indirectly) is build around the players/reviewers feedback, some with more degree than others.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
He directed Type-0 not just the HD version, I don't know why you only mention the HD version. The 3rd Birthday doesn't seem to have bad reviews so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

As for the whole feedback thing, you're absolutely wrong. The main reason I'm sure why they're even asking for feedback is because there was a HUGE disconnect between the fans with Versus XIII. Once Tabata became director he even mentioned that he wanted to do a better job at letting the fans know what was going on.

Also, you claiming that feedback is the result of incompetent directing is completely unfounded.

Nova_Somnus

Balamb Garden Freshman
Testers count as feedback.
Nah, brah. Internal QA testers are more fine tuning than feedback. They are the modern day debuggers. How Tabata's rollin' with FF15 is taking feedback from the FF fanbase to influence what actually goes into the game, rather than valuing his integrity and making what he wants to make. He's selling out his creativity in pursuit of making FF15 appeal to as many people as possible, which is impossible given how split the FF fanbase is. Then again, he made Type-0 without feedback and that game was utter trash. As I said to somebody else, only a lacklustre and incompetent director would rely heavily on fan feedback to shape their game, and Tabata is indeed a lacklustre and incompetent director.