How Long Is it Going to Take on a FINAL FANTASY VII remake?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How long would you think it'll take?

• Just like two years?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Four years?

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Longer than FINAL FANTASY XV?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Loki Darkstrom

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 3, 2014
Valhalla
I've played FINAL FANTASY VII and I swear it's true that it's the best alone with FINAL FANTASY X or the one previous to VII but I'm thinking to myself on how long it'll take until Square Enix will finally go forward with a remake to their crown jewel? I'm not a complainer, I enjoy the original one however I am sure in facts that a lot if not a few people still wait for the hopes of a remade version of FINAL FANTASY VII. Right now it's not impossible but it sounds like a project that would be bigger than FINAL FANTASY XV, especially if the company wants to make it the best as possible. What do you think, how long would it take?

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It was some years back now, but they said it could take more than 10 years. I don't know if it really would take that long, but it would definitely take a heck of a long time.

Vampire91

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
I wouldn't want a FF VII remake. Time and resources that could be used for a brand new mainline title. But if they do it, then it would take at least 3 or 4 years.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
it's gonna be a while. There's a lot to do in that game, so that a lot to recreate. Even longer if they put it on PS4. Which they likely would. I think the game should be remade. But I feel like there are some games they could remake on Vita or 3DS that would be good for the fans until FF7 was finished. FF6 needs a full 3D remake just like FF4 got.

4-5 yrs.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Remember when Twinkies went off the shelf for a year? And everyone was all like "Oh man, I want Twinkies again. Those were the greatest."

And then they came back and we all privately thought "Is this it? These don't seem the same as they did before. Something is off." Now I don't think about Twinkies anymore.

I hope they don't remake FF7.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Remember when Twinkies went off the shelf for a year? And everyone was all like "Oh man, I want Twinkies again. Those were the greatest."

And then they came back and we all privately thought "Is this it? These don't seem the same as they did before. Something is off." Now I don't think about Twinkies anymore.

I hope they don't remake FF7.
You're saying if it's remade we'll all be annoyed with it and it won't stand up to the original? Sorry but I doubt it. It'd be hard to mess that up. Especially it they do it like Advent Children.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
They could easily mess it up simply because they would be updating, adding and removing some things.

Script changes, voice acting, event scene changes and cut scenes that would probably end up showing the characters fighting like they do in Advent Children are few examples of how they could fuck up the classic.