How this game's story could feel more completed and FF'ish

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Versus XIII had potential, but yeah it's gone

we are not sure what it would end up being, nomura did advent children and KH's convoluted plot, nothing guarantees versus story would be amazing; it's time to think about the future updates for FFXV, it's kinda weak losing time thinking about the past.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
from ray chase ama on reddit:

"This is most likely a fake leak, but I remember reading something saying that Cindy and Iris were supposed to make an appearance during the timeskip, but got cut. Did you happen to record anything that might support that piece of information?

Also really curious to see if you'd like to voice Noctis in something like KH3 or beyond."

rychvz[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
That sounds like a pretty fake leak to me - I've never heard anything about that one

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
from ray chase ama on reddit:

"This is most likely a fake leak, but I remember reading something saying that Cindy and Iris were supposed to make an appearance during the timeskip, but got cut. Did you happen to record anything that might support that piece of information?

Also really curious to see if you'd like to voice Noctis in something like KH3 or beyond."

rychvz[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
That sounds like a pretty fake leak to me - I've never heard anything about that one
Seems pretty conclusive. I mean, it's hard to imagine Noct not sharing lines with them if they made an appearance. XD;

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
You guys do realize that the voicing of scenes is one of the latter parts of development, right?

Also, the leak never claimed that those parts were already fully implemented and then cut. The leak claims that those ideas were part of the full scope, but in the end got cut. I mean, how on earth do you guys not see the obvious strange lack of Iris and Cindy etc. in the last parts of the game? It's so jarring.

I adore Ray, but let's not act as if he doesn't have horses in this race. He's the voice of the main character, he wants nothing else then the game and the future DLC being a succes. Many SE personal, including Tabata, claimed many things of which we have multiple examples of false information.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
TwoDotsO does have a point in that the lack of Cindy and Iris in the last chapter was jarring.

Actually the lack of Cid, Cor and Aranea was strange too but I digress.

Point is we all know that the last half was rushed and they did have to cut stuff to make the deadline.

As stated in the previous comment voice acting is last, so by the time Ray had to do the voice recording, that content had probably already been cut, which would explain why he never heard about it.

I've said it before but all we can do is wait for Square to patch things up and leave constructive suggestions in the feedback forum. Only way is forward now folks.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
You guys do realize that the voicing of scenes is one of the latter parts of development, right?

Also, the leak never claimed that those parts were already fully implemented and then cut. The leak claims that those ideas were part of the full scope, but in the end got cut. I mean, how on earth do you guys not see the obvious strange lack of Iris and Cindy etc. in the last parts of the game? It's so jarring.

I adore Ray, but let's not act as if he doesn't have horses in this race. He's the voice of the main character, he wants nothing else then the game and the future DLC being a succes. Many SE personal, including Tabata, claimed many things of which we have multiple examples of false information.
That might mean something if the leaker didn't intimate that he was part of localization QA (which wouldn't put him in the position to know anything that hadn't already been implemented in the game) and say stuff about lines actually being re-recorded (which Ray Chase, of all people, would have been in the position to know about). He also completely misunderstood the game's setting -- he said stuff that heavily implied that he didn't know the open world was all Lucis, for instance -- in ways that wouldn't make sense if his connection to the game wasn't on the lowest section of the totem pole.

Besides, Cindy was supposed to be at Hammerhead. If they actually had a model for her, what plausible reason would they have had for cutting it?

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
Again, voice acting is the last part of the whole localization part. Something could've been planned and developed, while not being voiced yet. Let alone localized. You're severely overestimating Ray's role in development (as in, he has none). So no, Ray would not at all know about content that was planned and perhaps even already developed and scripted, but never got voiced, let alone localized.

The leaker had almost every single thing correct, with merely a few details here and there incorrect. But that's neither here nor there. We only need to look at the game to see how obviously lacking in story/plot content it is and especially notice the jarring pacing of the game. It's not only Cindy and Iris in the latter parts, the whole games have obvious missing parts all over the place. You only need to play the game to notice that. Be it about Luna, Ravus, the Empire or other characters. We don't need leakers to confirm such things. It's a simple observation that can be made by simply playing the game. The reason is pretty much obvious by now: time. This isn't even some sort of secret or controversy or anything, so I really don't understand the confusion.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
things they could do to improve the world

add more npcs and conversations:

not even one npc working on the farms or inside the power plant for some reason; they repeat a lot of lines, i don't know how many times i've heard "I could eat a horse" in every place imaginable; in lestallum ppl are still talking about how the Disc is on fire when there's no Disc anymore lol.

barely no lore:

dungeons don't have an history, monsters the same; you take a hunt but there's nothing about the target; there's just a few books out there it would be great if you could read more about previous kings in sacred papers found in the tombs; also npcs would be a great source for lore of the region but there's barely.

the shiny blue itens:

include real itens, finding the sword stuck in the rock in episode duscae was great, here everything is a blue tiny dot; having real itens would fill the world a bit more and finding an item more exciting

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The leaker had almost every single thing correct, with merely a few details here and there incorrect. But that's neither here nor there. We only need to look at the game to see how obviously lacking in story/plot content it is and especially notice the jarring pacing of the game. It's not only Cindy and Iris in the latter parts, the whole games have obvious missing parts all over the place. You only need to play the game to notice that. Be it about Luna, Ravus, the Empire or other characters. We don't need leakers to confirm such things. It's a simple observation that can be made by simply playing the game. The reason is pretty much obvious by now: time. This isn't even some sort of secret or controversy or anything, so I really don't understand the confusion.
Eh, I'm not sure I'd say a leak that somehow managed to fail to predict the ending (among other issues) got almost everything correct. =P

Anyway, I'm not trying to say that stuff wasn't missing from the game. My point is that I don't put any stock in the leakers' claims that stuff that had already been partially completed needed to either have a place made for it where one hadn't been planned or cut out at the last minute. I believe that Tabata finalized something close to the final game at the completion of the alpha stage, and the missing parts were abandoned long before that.

(Cindy, in particular, seems like a case of them never having a character model for her in the first place, because why wouldn't they prioritize including her for the Crown Patch if it existed and was mostly complete?)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
does anybody feel some quests are going to receive MMO treatment?

vyv questline ends with no conclusion about his story, and if you talk to him he says he'll call you if he gets a new report.

u get the black chocobo to wyz and he says to come back and make a visit to the baby chocobo; nothing happens.

randolph of the legend questline (amazing voice acting) says he won't die before his next legendary craft.

this implies they plan to add more quests.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I met the black baby chocobo. You need to complete a few hints then camp. Wiz calls you after that to come see the chick.

Yeah I think they'll be adding more. They're gonna spend the next year or two adding stuff into the game so it's pretty much a given.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
So yeah I finished the game and I also have to say, the game's story is definetly not complete.
They clearly cut many cutscenes and just used realtime dialogues for important events, which I really hate it, because you can easily miss these important informations.
Which is just disappoiting and annoying, it had so much potencial.
Many important scenes and events were cut/missing (I will only count the important ones).
They should add cutscenes about:
- Regis holding Noctis while you see the kings (quite interesting scene this the mysterious "giants" and sad for Regis crying scene)
- Kid Luna hit by a Niflheim general (that scene was so serious and sad at the same time, really want to know more about Luna)
- Blood moon/sky (this is really a shame, I was really excited to see that. But still Ch.14 had a great atmosphere when you woke up and walking in this dark/ruin world)
- Plague of the stars, how it covers the whole world, why does it appear?
- More scenes about Idolas and Vestael, seriously they had only 1 scene in the game and I didn't even knew that Promtos father is Vestael until I read the guide book
- An introduction about the worlds/time beginning and countries like in Type-0, like how Solheim disappeared by the plague, the 6 astrals, showing the different kingdoms, showing a short scene about the war between Lucis and Niflheim, these scenes are a perfect prologue for the people who didn't watched the movie or barely heared nothing about the game yet.

Expect the story how is was told and some missing locations, everything else, the gameplay, music, graphic were outstanding.