1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

In what form do you think we'll get FFXII HD Remaster?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by 1Truth2Lies, Oct 5, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

In what form do you think we'll get FFXII HD Remaster?

1. Released on PS3/Vita with HD textures and all the International content.

12.0%
  2. Released only on Vita (PS3 is dead by 2016) with HD textures and all the International content.

8.0%
  3. Released on PS4/Xbox One in full DirectX 11 and with all the International content.

80.0%
  1. 1Truth2Lies

1Truth2Lies PSICOM Soldier

Firstly, let's get one thing out the way. There will 100% definitely be a FFXII HD Remaster at some point in the future. There's no way Square Enix will leave a mainline FF game on the dead PS2 when no modern consoles are backwards compatible with PS2 discs. They have ported all other mainline FF games, some even more than once, so a FFXII HD Remaster is guaranteed in the near future.

I'm expecting FFXII HD Remaster to be announced in 2016, which is FFXII's 10th Anniversary. If you recall, FFX|X-2 HD Remaster was announced in 2011, which was FFX's 10th Anniversary.

Anyway, FFX|X-2 HD Remaster was released for PS3/PS Vita with new character models, HD textures, and some bloom lighting. On the other hand, FF Type-0 HD will release for PS4/Xbox One in full DirectX 11, meaning it will have graphics beyond what's possible on PS3/Xbox 360. Considering the vast difference between these two HD Remasters, in what form do you expect us to get FFXII HD Remaster?

Personally, FFXII HD Remaster is currently my most anticipated FF. :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. ChrisB

ChrisB Yevonite

By the time it is released ps vita owners will not get a copy of this game as new games for this console will be non existence so we will have to fork out hundreds of pounds to get a ps4 or xbox one just to play this game

3. masterlobo

masterlobo PSICOM Soldier

Maybe until 2016 (10th anniversary).

4. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

It would definitely be released on it's 10th anniversary on platforms only on Playstation. I doubt we will see it on Xbox consoles. It will come on PS4 and the PS Vita. That is my prediction.

5. kamikki

kamikki Yevonite

Hopefully on the Vita. But I won't hold my breath.

1Truth2Lies likes this.
  6. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I don't see the game releasing on something other than current gen consoles.

7. Mistwalker

Mistwalker Red Wings Commander

I think it will come to PS3/PS4/Vita. I wish that it's sooner than 2016.

8. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

My guess is PS4/Xbox One. Maybe possibly Vita also, though that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

9. Wazi the pa

Final Fantasy XII deserves loads of love for general RPG players and FF players alike.
    The gameplay formula of the game just achingly works so well.

Mistwalker likes this.
  10. snow

snow Balamb Garden Freshman

The HD treatment for FFXII International would be better than what they did with FFX, i think.

It already looks great on the emulator in HD. Better than a lot of last-gen games.

PS4/ONE only most likely. 2016.

11. buddhafied

buddhafied Clan Centurio Member

PS4 and Vita, International Zodiac System with HD. I don't expect it will be on XBox One, but if it does it will still sell poorly on that console and we all wonder why they did it.

12. 1Truth2Lies

1Truth2Lies PSICOM Soldier

That's the platform that both Yoshinori Kitase (FFX|X-2 HD Producer) and Hiroshi Minagawa (FFXII Director) have mentioned by name when asked about a potential FFXII HD, so I think it's the most likely platform for the game. That said, if the game ends up being a Vita exclusive, I will finally have a reason to buy one. :)

13. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

How sad if the remake ends up being a Vita exclusive. I doubt it.

14. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

I vote PS4/Xb1. :)

15. Hannibal_Khan

Hannibal_Khan Yevonite

I think it will release before XVI on ps4. It will be used to build hype for XVI similar to Type-0 for XV. When XII came out i rented it but i wasnt crazy about it(only played it about 6 hrs). A few yrs later i wanted to give it another try b/c so many ppl loved it, but i didnt own a ps2 so i've never had the chance to play it again :( . I would love to have it on ps4 with full directx 11.

1Truth2Lies likes this.
  16. somni

somni Yevonite

It's definitely coming, it's always been a matter of when. Since most HD remasters tend to come in a collection of 2 or more games, I'd really like to see an Ivalice Alliance type of collection, since the games all take place in more or less the same Ivalice. It ought to include FFXII Izjs version, Revenant Wings , & War of the Lions. An HD remaster of Vagrant Story would be an awesome bonus, but that would make too much sense for SE these days.

If I'd had to guess on a potential release, I'd say tail end of this gen. I don't see it getting announced at least a couple of years after XV has dropped. And seeing how SE is willing to port Type-0 (originally a PSP game to PS4), it's also likely to be for PS4/Vita.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  17. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

I want it on the Vita. X zoomed way up in my FF rankings because I was able to play it on my Vita; made a HUGE difference in the enjoyment factor for me (Japanese Tidus and Yuna's voices may have helped a bit too haha)-- I clocked in over 256 hours in one playthrough which I would never have been able to do otherwise. I'm sure FFXII will be the same. It wasn't one of my favorite Final Fantasies, but I'll be able to appreciate it more if I'm able to start/stop the game at any point anywhere and am not confined to my couch.

If it doesn't get released on the Vita, I'm not getting it.

18. Wazi the pa

"Wazi will remember that"
    (Walking Dead game reference)
    :chocowalk:

19. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Lol, I'm being serious though. I never touched the PS3 versions of X/X-2 even though my sister bought them-- and now that I'm thousands of miles away from my PS3 I couldn't even if I wanted to. It will probably be at least 2 more years before I even consider getting a PS4; the only exclusive game that looks remotely interesting is XV and that isn't coming out for a while.

They really oughta release it on the Vita. The system is still alive in Japan and is getting way more games than the PS4.

20. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I'd like it on the new gen platforms, but I wouldn't say no to Vita either.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!