1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Introductions

Discussion in 'The Front Gate' started by Stealth, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Denis

Denis Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Evening everyone

My name is Denis, I'm a fan of not only the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts franchises but most of the games that Square Enix makes. I have a website and community much like this one which I provided in the sig, I know most communities allow that and I'm hoping this one does too. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here since this place seems really cool.

Light likes this.
  2. Zero

Zero Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Greetings, Mognet. Long-time UFF'er here, since '02 if memory serves correctly, and also a hardcore Final Fantasy fan. Glad to be here, Nova Crystallis is a great site and adding a forum was an excellent idea.

Favorite videogame genres:

RPGs
    Fighters
    Action-Adventure
    Third-Person shooters
    Platformers

But really some of everything overall.

See you all around the boards.

Sapientia and Light like this.
  3. buddhafied

buddhafied Clan Centurio Member

Hello everyone,

I've been posting a little bit the last few days, but thought I should come here to introduce myself anyway.

I'm a new member in the UFF world, although I started following the RPGSite and @Zack on Twitter last year (and witnessed his glorious final battle when he replayed FFVII.)

I've been a Final Fantasy since FFVI, though I actually was brought to the world of Squaresoft through another one of their fan favourite series, Secret of Mana mid 90's (which I'm upset that they have been almost abandoning the series). Compare to SoM, I actually didn't like FFVI all that much back then as I found it was a bit slower pace, not to mention my English wasn't that well back then and the story was a bit harder for me to understand compare to SoM. Still, I stuck with the game and that was how it all began. I went back and played FFI a couple of years later while playing VII and Tactics. I love the series, the lows and the highs. I'm not as "hardcore" compare to many fans, as I don't go back and replay the games that often, though compare to most I am a huge fan (I even played XI for 4 years and an alpha tester for XIV since 1.0).

The world of Square also have a very weird way in colliding with the rest of my interests. I've been a huge fan of Faye Wong since early 90's and it was magical when my two favourite things collaborated in Eyes on Me. Then when Kingdom Hearts released (another one of my favourites) they had my second favourite songstress, Utada Hikaru, sang the theme songs. With all these tied ins, it's not a surprised for you to understand why Square always has a special place in my heart.

I'm happy to be part of this brand spanking new forum and work my way up as a Shinra Soldier. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.

4. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

Hello everyone. I'm here for many of the reasons already outlined - avid NC reader, longtime Squaresoft fan, and RPG enthusiast.

In terms of something cool about myself... I spotted the Gooch once in San Francisco, waved at him, and he waved back.

5. Light

Light Balamb Garden Freshman

You met Sakaguchi! That's definitely cool. :)

6. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

More like.. came within 10 yards :)

7. Light

Light Balamb Garden Freshman

Still counts! You know, as long as you've actually seen him, lol.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  8. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Color me...friggin' jealous. -_-
    Welcome! 8D

Joshua likes this.
  9. Varnis

Varnis Yevonite

Hey everyone, I'm Varnis, I'm from Australia...I play games of almost any kind, the only games I don't play are Sports games because I play the Sport itself.

I've been a Square Enix Fan since 2008, before that I played a lot of Platformers, Action Games and Shooters and SE was my introduction to RPG and since then I've gotten to play many RPGs from Square Enix, Atlus, NISAmerica, Namco Bandai, SEGA and so forth...

I recently started my own Twitch Channel where I share my gaming sessions to whoever's willing to watch at twitch.tv/varnis

Sidenote: I also Co-host a Shin Megami Tensei Podcast called 'Shin Megami Tensei Network' or 'SMTN' for short, where we talk about the RPG series.

Ehren likes this.
  10. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Welcome all, again, since the last time I posted! If you need anything, drop me or any of our staff a line. :)

11. fufatch

fufatch Balamb Garden Freshman

It's me, Fufatch. I've been around since FFVII brought me to my knees forcing me to acknowledge the "superiority" of jRPG genre in games. I firmly believe in videogames being the right medium for proper storytelling, and while it's merely a toddler at present (compared to movies for example) I think it will eventually mature while maintaining its trumph card - the almighty gameplay.
    I hope I will find many opportunities to have a worthwile conversation here, as long as my work won't keep me too busy. Anyway, it's good to be here :)

12. Sylverline

Sylverline Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

I'm late as always.

Good morning, I'm Nikki. Like a few others here I jumped on board in the days of UFF9, became a staff member and then a writer for a short period of time before things because a little hectic in my life. My game taste is a mix of everything although RPGs are certainly right there at the top of the list. I just wish I had the bloody time to actually play the games I love but unfortunately RESPONSIBILITIES.

I also have a love of Doritos.

13. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

You're not alone here, although I come from FXN and not FFF (use to be site manager).

14. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Uh, hi. I've always been awkward with introductions, but you can call me by my username, Storm2356 or Storm for short (unless that other guy Storm is around). I love video games, everything from Final Fantasy to LittleBIGPlanet 2, but I don't have a favorite. Usually I just end up playing what I feel like playing at that moment, or if it's a new game in my collection, play it and nothing else for about a week. I've been a member of Nova Crystallis for months now. I don't have a job, not because I'm too lazy to apply for any, but because I'm not old enough to get a job anywhere yet.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Casval and Sapientia like this.
  15. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Ohai there, Squirrel! Fancy bumping into you again on another FF-related site! How're things?

And welcome to everyone else~

Sapientia likes this.
  16. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Not bad. In fact. I'm wonderful! :D

17. cosmicblizzard

cosmicblizzard Some author guy Moderator

Should have introduced myself much sooner, but crazy life stuff got in the way.

I'm David over on RPGsite, where I post news and stuff. Huge fan of video games, anime, manga, ice cubes and other stuff. In the process of getting a novel published and I just bought a house, so yeah, been super busy these past few months. Things are finally cooling down a bit at least.

Casval likes this.
  18. Casval

Casval Yevonite

19. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Getting a novel published is serious, awesome stuff. Would like to one day! And welcome to new folk!

Sapientia likes this.
  20. cosmicblizzard

cosmicblizzard Some author guy Moderator

Supernatural thriller about a serial killer that can stop time. It's in the process of being edited right now and I've also commissioned a really good artist to do the cover. I'm super excited to get it out, hopefully by the end of November.

Hope people actually like it, of course. Of the two people that read it (unedited), one liked it while the other absolutely ripped it apart D:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Sapientia and Casval like this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!