Introductions

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Hey guys. I joined a few weeks back but only got around to posting just now.
Shiny new forum! Looks like there are a lot of new features, too.

For the new people... I've been a member of UFF(9) since the beginning of 2002. It was my internet home for most of my teen years.
These days, I mostly import Japanese games and do translations (well, not so much translating anymore because overly demanding 12.9 year olds mistaking me for Google, but I'm still active in import game help), though I've only really been keeping on top of Harvest Moon, SMT/Persona/Atlus, and Digimon news lately. I'm kind of ignoring Final Fantasy until XV's release is imminent... The Lightning Strikes Again Saga is over now, right? Riiiight?
Oh, but I am getting the HD versions of X and X-2. And Bravely Default.

It's neither here nor there, but I also do art and cosplay as a hobby.
I'm pretty busy so I don't know if I can be regular, but I'll drop by now and then.
Nice to meet everyone, and hi to everyone that still remembers me.

Raitningz

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 18, 2013
raitningz.tumblr.com
How on earth have you managed to survive in the hellhole that is GameFAQs? Mad respect, seriously. o_O
I'm still there, it's fine! I just kind of drown everyone out with my fanboyism, hence most of them have given up on me somewhat. It's also most active in terms of discussions, constructive or not so I like to be there. Moderation has kept things to a relatively less hate-orientated level, unlike getting hate mail on tumblr for disliking some stuff about the game >.>

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome to all the newcomers! Hope you like things here. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions to improve the forum. =]

LepcisMagna

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 20, 2013
How on earth have you managed to survive in the hellhole that is GameFAQs? Mad respect, seriously. o_O
It's really not that bad of a place, but those looking for serious conversation that don't boil down to opinion matches will be disappointed. Of course, long exposure to the site may already have desensitized me.

I'm still there, it's fine! I just kind of drown everyone out with my fanboyism, hence most of them have given up on me somewhat. It's also most active in terms of discussions, constructive or not so I like to be there. Moderation has kept things to a relatively less hate-orientated level, unlike getting hate mail on tumblr for disliking some stuff about the game >.>
Fancy meeting you here!

ImminentBread

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 28, 2013
Hey, everyone. I'm ImminentBread and I'm terrible at introducing myself, which is why I didn't do so earlier. I hail from Nova Crystallis.

My first exposure to Final Fantasy was the PC demo of VIII. At the time, I had just about no understanding of English, but I liked it anyway... even if I had no idea how to run from battle and kept getting killed by T-Rexaurs. Games I own include I, VI, VII, VIII, XIII, XIII-2, T:WoTL, Dissidia, Dissidia Duodecim, and Theatrhythm. I have also played XII (rented it once) and XIV:ARR (PS3 open beta).

Besides Final Fantasy, I'm also a big fan of the Sonic and Metal Gear series.

Nice to 'officially' meet you all.

JoeDowntown

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 28, 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Long time listener first time caller.... :)

Long time Final Fantasy fan been a serious fan since 8. When I got to Air Force Tech School in 1999 a buddy gave me Metal Gear, FF 8 and Symphony of the Night. I up until that point was mainly a Madden/NBA Live guy. I fell in love with Rinoa been all down hill ever since. :D

Ive played them all now and find myself the one guy in the crowd who thinks Lightning is a great character :eek:. Ive liked 13 and 13-2 and is the Square-Enix story gets its act together I will have my collectors edition for 13-3 ordered. :(

Looking forwrd to a board thats upbeat and enjoys something. One other thing in my life I love is comics and CBR ran me off everyone there hates everything about everything.

Xodus

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 2, 2014
Temple, Texas
Hey guys, I'm Xodus. I'm 34 years young and I been playing games since the Atari era. My first rpg that I ever played was Ultima: exodus on the NES. The game that made me fell in love with the genre and is still my all time favorite is Squaresoft's gem Chronotrigger! Another game that I love from pretty much the same people who design Chronotrigger is Xenogears. Depending on my mood Xenogears is my number one rpg on one day and Chronotrigger is my number one rpg on another day, lol.

My taste in rpgs have actually changed through out the years. I use to be very high on traditional, turn-based JRPGS but I find myself falling out of love with them. This became quite clear when I played Ni no Kuni and found it to be quite bland gameplay-wise despite the beautiful graphic. The past few years have been strange as I seem to find more enjoyment with western rpgs as of lat, such as the newer Fallout series, Dragon Age origins, and Dragon Dogma to name the few recent ones I enjoyed. I still love JRPGS though, just when they're not your traditional ones like P3 and P4 as well as Xenosaga (which I put MANY hours in) and the under-rated Neir. So pretty much I can only play JRPGS now that doesn't have the traditional turn-based battles and/or have unique settings.

So yeah, hopefully this gives you an insight on my gaming habits a bit and I'm looking forward to talking to you all about my favorite genre :).

Last edited:

dragonborn99

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
Hey there guys, I am dragonborn99, an RPG lover that is currently playing swtor (Star Wars: The old Republic.) I am a level 9 bounty hunter on the darkside. :p

I love to read, write, eat, be strange and love forums! See you guys around! :D

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a good Final Fantasy forum for quite a while. Looks like I finally found a place worth staying at. Been a fan of the series since the late PS1 days when I first played VII and from then I've jumped to pretty much every game in the series. I love most of them, making the franchise one of my favorites in history.

I hope I can get along with everyone and find tons of buddies to discuss the games here. Cheers.

Grean21

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 26, 2014
Name is Grean, Grean21.
I like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 7. I enjoy hanging out with friends and stuff that is fun. I am a huge fan of PS1 games, but i also like newer PS2 games.
And i see this community is made by RPG fans, so i'd stick my head in and see what's on the meny.

Royston

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 3, 2014
Hi guys,
I'm sure only a few people here remember me but I joined the UFF Network way back in 2001 before there was a network and spent many an hour in the IRC channel.
Weird not being forum member id 1 :p

I am really glad there is still a forum around, I made so many great friends here and it's kind of sad I have lost touch with so many of them.
I hope to stick around and post more often, Currently playing FFXIV - ARR and absolutely loving it!