1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Introductions

Discussion in 'The Front Gate' started by Stealth, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Fiery Mojo

Fiery Mojo Stiltzkin's Apprentice

(Hello!} and {Nice to meet you.}

Been a computer RPG fan since you had to write them yourself; all systems, all sub-genres. All-time favourite game is Planescape: Torment, but when Final Fantasy VIII was released, I became a dedicated Square-Enix fan, catching up with all the previous releases, the Chrono-s and as many of the non-numbered FFs I could find (usually on an emulator).

Sadly (for all the people I knew IRL), the MMORPG bug took me full swing - I racked up 360 days of in-game time on FFXI between 2006 and 2011 and these days spend most of my free time in FFXIV, having played since April 2010 when I was selected as an Alpha tester for 1.0.

Really looking forward to Lightning Returns, Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFX/X-2 HD and will be getting a PS4 in the new year specifically to participate in the FFXIV beta on that!

Found this site through Twitter - shamelessly drawn in by the current competition! :)

APZonerunner likes this.
  2. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Hello and welcome to newcomers! Hope you join us in full :D

3. buddhafied

buddhafied Clan Centurio Member

@Fiery Mojo Ha ha ha I can always tell who's from FFXI from the "(Hello!} and {Nice to meet you.}" That's a classic :D Welcome to the board!

4. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Welcome to Mognet, Fiery Mojo.

5. RiskBreaker Katilio

RiskBreaker Katilio Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Hello everyone! I don't usually post too much in forums, but since I took the time to enter the FFVIII Steam competition I might as well take it to introduce myself here.

I'm a 25 year old fan of Square in general and Squaresoft in particular. I'm currently replaying Vagrant Story for the third time and hoping I can play FF XIV soon over the holidays and get a release date for FF XV :p

I work at a huge company in videogame localization since last year so games are more than a hobby to me. I hope I can someday get to work in a more RPG/Japan-focused company though.

Cheers!

6. kamikki

kamikki Yevonite

Hey guys. I registered some time ago, never posted, until that FFVIII give away, so I though that might as well introduce myself and post a bit around this forum :)

Been playing Rpg's for about 15 years, my first one was Pokemon Blue. Having grown up in a small town in Portugal there was really almost nothing connecting me to "uncommon" games (read, games that are not Mario, Sonic, football games and such) outside of gaming magazines, and even so it was not really easy to then get the games lol. So, it was kind of by accident that once I decided to ask the game Final Fantasy IX for my birthday, and I can say that in many ways, that moment change the way my life progressed ahah. Final Fantasy IX is even today, many replays later, my favorite game, so there's that.

So anything else, ask away. Cumps!

Shin Kazama and Azuardo like this.
  7. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Good to have you, RiskBreaker and Kamikki.

8. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Hey guys. I joined a few weeks back but only got around to posting just now.
    Shiny new forum! Looks like there are a lot of new features, too.

For the new people... I've been a member of UFF(9) since the beginning of 2002. It was my internet home for most of my teen years.
    These days, I mostly import Japanese games and do translations (well, not so much translating anymore because overly demanding 12.9 year olds mistaking me for Google, but I'm still active in import game help), though I've only really been keeping on top of Harvest Moon, SMT/Persona/Atlus, and Digimon news lately. I'm kind of ignoring Final Fantasy until XV's release is imminent... The Lightning Strikes Again Saga is over now, right? Riiiight?
    Oh, but I am getting the HD versions of X and X-2. And Bravely Default.

It's neither here nor there, but I also do art and cosplay as a hobby.
    I'm pretty busy so I don't know if I can be regular, but I'll drop by now and then.
    Nice to meet everyone, and hi to everyone that still remembers me.

9. Raitningz

Raitningz Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Hi everyone, just joined. I've been mainly active on gamefaqs/reddit/tumblr, but I figured I'd join this community as well, because why not. So hello everyone! I like Lightning.

10. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

How on earth have you managed to survive in the hellhole that is GameFAQs? Mad respect, seriously. o_O

11. Raitningz

Raitningz Stiltzkin's Apprentice

I'm still there, it's fine! I just kind of drown everyone out with my fanboyism, hence most of them have given up on me somewhat. It's also most active in terms of discussions, constructive or not so I like to be there. Moderation has kept things to a relatively less hate-orientated level, unlike getting hate mail on tumblr for disliking some stuff about the game >.>

12. Zack

Zack Somniac Staff Member Moderator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Welcome to all the newcomers! Hope you like things here. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions to improve the forum. =]

Ehren and Sapientia like this.
  13. LepcisMagna

LepcisMagna Stiltzkin's Apprentice

It's really not that bad of a place, but those looking for serious conversation that don't boil down to opinion matches will be disappointed. Of course, long exposure to the site may already have desensitized me.

Fancy meeting you here!

dragonborn99 likes this.
  14. ImminentBread

ImminentBread Balamb Garden Freshman

Hey, everyone. I'm ImminentBread and I'm terrible at introducing myself, which is why I didn't do so earlier. I hail from Nova Crystallis.

My first exposure to Final Fantasy was the PC demo of VIII. At the time, I had just about no understanding of English, but I liked it anyway... even if I had no idea how to run from battle and kept getting killed by T-Rexaurs. Games I own include I, VI, VII, VIII, XIII, XIII-2, T:WoTL, Dissidia, Dissidia Duodecim, and Theatrhythm. I have also played XII (rented it once) and XIV:ARR (PS3 open beta).

Besides Final Fantasy, I'm also a big fan of the Sonic and Metal Gear series.

Nice to 'officially' meet you all.

dragonborn99 likes this.
  15. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Hey @ImminentBread (love the SA1 avatar. Those awesome, awful mouth animations..!) and other newcomers! Hope you enjoy our humble little community.

ImminentBread likes this.
  16. JoeDowntown

JoeDowntown Balamb Garden Freshman

Long time listener first time caller.... :)

Long time Final Fantasy fan been a serious fan since 8. When I got to Air Force Tech School in 1999 a buddy gave me Metal Gear, FF 8 and Symphony of the Night. I up until that point was mainly a Madden/NBA Live guy. I fell in love with Rinoa been all down hill ever since. :D

Ive played them all now and find myself the one guy in the crowd who thinks Lightning is a great character :eek:. Ive liked 13 and 13-2 and is the Square-Enix story gets its act together I will have my collectors edition for 13-3 ordered. :(

Looking forwrd to a board thats upbeat and enjoys something. One other thing in my life I love is comics and CBR ran me off everyone there hates everything about everything.

APZonerunner likes this.
  17. Xodus

Xodus Balamb Garden Freshman

Hey guys, I'm Xodus. I'm 34 years young and I been playing games since the Atari era. My first rpg that I ever played was Ultima: exodus on the NES. The game that made me fell in love with the genre and is still my all time favorite is Squaresoft's gem Chronotrigger! Another game that I love from pretty much the same people who design Chronotrigger is Xenogears. Depending on my mood Xenogears is my number one rpg on one day and Chronotrigger is my number one rpg on another day, lol.

My taste in rpgs have actually changed through out the years. I use to be very high on traditional, turn-based JRPGS but I find myself falling out of love with them. This became quite clear when I played Ni no Kuni and found it to be quite bland gameplay-wise despite the beautiful graphic. The past few years have been strange as I seem to find more enjoyment with western rpgs as of lat, such as the newer Fallout series, Dragon Age origins, and Dragon Dogma to name the few recent ones I enjoyed. I still love JRPGS though, just when they're not your traditional ones like P3 and P4 as well as Xenosaga (which I put MANY hours in) and the under-rated Neir. So pretty much I can only play JRPGS now that doesn't have the traditional turn-based battles and/or have unique settings.

So yeah, hopefully this gives you an insight on my gaming habits a bit and I'm looking forward to talking to you all about my favorite genre :).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    APZonerunner likes this.
  18. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Hey guys, my name is CaptainNemo (you may call me Nemo)

I haven't played any Final Fantasy games before, But I have done rping in forums.

APZonerunner and dragonborn99 like this.
  19. dragonborn99

dragonborn99 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Hey there guys, I am dragonborn99, an RPG lover that is currently playing swtor (Star Wars: The old Republic.) I am a level 9 bounty hunter on the darkside. :p

I love to read, write, eat, be strange and love forums! See you guys around! :D

APZonerunner and CaptainNemo like this.
  20. APZonerunner

Welcome newcomers :) Hope you like our little corner of the internet and stick around :D

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!