Is anybody playing FF Record Keeper?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Is anybody playing this? I did a review, and I actually found it to be a really good little piece for a mobile FF game which - let's be fair - have had a rather chequered history.

They just released the FF1/2 dungeons and I'm powering through them. It's good! What are your teams? What weapons have you managed to pull?

My only criticism of the game is that it's way too greedy with the in-app purchases. The game is actually perfectly playable without them - which is good - but if you spend, you have to spend big. I'd have happily given some money to this game to draw some weapons, but considering it's random, it is WAY too expensive to draw. If it was a little cheaper, they'd actually get some money out of me... but as it stands now, they get nothing. Frustrating. Alas! :chocowalk:

The review: http://www.rpgsite.net/review/4227-final-fantasy-record-keeper-review

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I played it a little bit when it was first released in the Japanese app store, but Saint Seiya Cosmo Roulette was still a bit more entertaining so I stuck with that. Sort of want to get into Record Keeper (mostly because I don't want to miss out). Are you enjoying it a lot?

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I tried to create a general thread about this game recently, but it died off rather quickly. I initially liked it but I already got bored with it. But maybe I'll check out the new dungeons.
My only criticism of the game is that it's way too greedy with the in-app purchases. The game is actually perfectly playable without them - which is good - but if you spend, you have to spend big. I'd have happily given some money to this game to draw some weapons, but considering it's random, it is WAY too expensive to draw. If it was a little cheaper, they'd actually get some money out of me... but as it stands now, they get nothing. Frustrating. Alas! :chocowalk:
Some people claim to have spent a few hundred dollars (!!!) on those draws just to get Cloud's Buster Sword but... they didn't even get it. So it doesn't seem worth it. But hey, at least it's not another pay-to-win game.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I played it on the day I downloaded it and haven't touched it since... I just can't get into mobile games. I'm constantly playing games or doing something, I could easily find the time to play it, but it just doesn't pull me in to play. Nothing to entice me to reach a goal.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I've played it and yeah, you're right, it's an interesting piece in the franchise. However, I must admit I find it kind of boring :S
It may be because I'm not used to mobile games or that I'm just too busy doing things right now like to give it a proper time to grow on me.

Sep 26, 2013
Yes, I play the game on a daily basis and have nabbed all the limited time characters so far. My impressions have been extremely positive, it's surprising just how good it is. It plays just like you'd expect a Final Fantasy from the days of old would play, the bosses are interesting strategically, the rewards for progress are tangible and the leveling system is very reasonable when compared to a slog like Puzzle and Dragons or Brave Frontier.

Cannot emphasize OPs point about IAPs enough though. The relic system is beyond brutal. I've purchased a large number of draws twice in the past and not gotten a desirable weapon either time. Do not spend money on draws, it is not worth it. You're much better off saving up mythril and doing the x11 draw for free.

I actually managed to draw both Cloud's Buster Sword and Kain's Blood Lance this way and I'm very happy with the game.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Cannot emphasize OPs point about IAPs enough though. The relic system is beyond brutal. I've purchased a large number of draws twice in the past and not gotten a desirable weapon either time. Do not spend money on draws, it is not worth it. You're much better off saving up mythril and doing the x11 draw for free.
Damn, I could never see myself spending money on this stuff anyways. I can imagine that if you are the type of person that gets hooked into these games how easy it would be. I heard someone before spent thousands of dollars on a smartphone game (she might have been exaggerating but it didn't sound like she was). I'm glad I don't have an addiction. :kefkalol:

I'm glad it's able to entertain you though, I enjoyed what I played of it, I just can't seem to pick it back up. Even with my phone next to me right now only inches away...

Sep 26, 2013
Damn, I could never see myself spending money on this stuff anyways. I can imagine that if you are the type of person that gets hooked into these games how easy it would be. I heard someone before spent thousands of dollars on a smartphone game (she might have been exaggerating but it didn't sound like she was). I'm glad I don't have an addiction. :kefkalol:

I'm glad it's able to entertain you though, I enjoyed what I played of it, I just can't seem to pick it back up. Even with my phone next to me right now only inches away...
Yeah, I mostly threw money its way on both occasions because I just wanted to support the project, but can't bring myself to commit another dime. The rates are just way too low.

As for keeping interested, I may have a stilted point of view because I mainly play the game while watching a show or listening to a podcast or something of that nature. It's just SO EASY to do while you're doing something else and that's probably the main reason I stay hooked. If I were to focus my full attention on it I bet I'd feel exactly like you.

I didn't really like the game. I'm not really the type who is inclined to hate on mobile games, but I would have rather played a bit of SF4 Volt or Clash of Clans than play through Record Keeper. It's probably the ADHD, but the battles and customising weren't involving enough for me and thus, I could not stay on the app for more than a battle or two. I got as far as FFV through several sessions. It wasn't enjoyable for me, sorry.

Last edited:

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Played it first day, was pretty fun at first, but did get bored of it rather quickly. But I attribute that mostly to my disengagement with mobile gaming.

As a mobile game, it's infinitely better than All The Bravest.
Seems like a good time sink for those who want a quick burst of FF nostalgia or just don't have any other FF games to play.