Just How Much Content Should Be Added For the Game to Feel Complete?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
O_O

For a continent that is not meant to be explorable, that sure is a fuckload of content.

Dear me... I must say the snowy landscapes are quite beautiful.

Such potential...

I have no idea what to expect from here on out tbh. The development for this game has so many questions and controversies that I think the best thing anyone can do is reserve judgement until the very end of development whilst having zero to low expectations.

It's the only way to stay sane.
well, considering they mentioned prompto would be able to ride a snowbike and the dlcs features new areas...

we'll get something, don't worry

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
O_O

For a continent that is not meant to be explorable, that sure is a fuckload of content.

Dear me... I must say the snowy landscapes are quite beautiful.

Such potential...

I have no idea what to expect from here on out tbh. The development for this game has so many questions and controversies that I think the best thing anyone can do is reserve judgement until the very end of development whilst having zero to low expectations.

It's the only way to stay sane.
It's kind of amazing how much work needed to be done to implement a >13mi train ride in an open world engine with a massive draw distance. XD;

Interestingly, it seems like some of the most distant mountains are untextured and use FFVII-style colored polygons instead.

Anyway, I think this video actually gives us a pretty good idea of what to expect. The map for the volcanic crater at the end shows a whole ton of buildings which aren't actually rendered in -- I bet it's meant to be some kind of military facility, which would make an ideal setting for at least part of Prompto's DLC.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just thought of something.

Seeing as cutscenes are going to be added into the game to flesh out character motivations, does anyone think that Ardyn's story is gonna be somehow added into the mix?

I, for one, would love to have a lot of detailed cutscenes exploring Arydn's character and past story.

Imo, Ardyn's past history, life, and motivations are very intricately tied into the current story. Exploring Ardyn's past would give us a lot of detail into the Astral's, Ifrit's betrayal, The Starscourge, The origin of the King of Lucis, and the importance of collecting the Armiger weapons.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Following up on the hopeful Episode Ardyn, I found more clear pictures of his concept art and the pictures of him in the Artbook.

http://bsaa-jillvalentine.tumblr.com/post/154663450409/ardyn-izunia-concept-art-square-enix-bd2-team

Ardyn's backstory would be a good idea for a DLC episode, though it would probably require too much work to be feasible.
tbh something like this sounds more interesting to me than the actual episodes we're getting.
There is truth in this that it would probably require too much work.

Tbh I would just be happy if they spent a good 5 minutes of "flashback" style storytelling for him. Where someone is narrating what happened and we get short scenes a few seconds long that transiton and tell the tale of how he went form benevolent healer, to being demonized and betrayed, then to being hateful, him joining Niflheim and conducting experiments, then present day Ardyn.

It's the type of storytelling that you see in anime, where so much can be told in a small amount of time. Just think of an info dump chapter on One Piece.

20 pages yet so much stuff had been revealed.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
The idea of expanding chapter 14 of the game has already being talked and many involve adding more areas to explore the decayed world but this is how I would expand the this chapter with little outlandish changes as possible.

I personally wouldn't expand the WoR segment of the game that much (having all areas from Leide, Duscae, Cleigne available), cause I don't see a lot of reasons for the bros to be exploring at that point in the story. This is how I would expand this part of the game:

When Noctis and Bros go inside what used to be Takka's Pit Stop you could have one of the following things happen:

• You can have Noctis manually chat with each bro and have some cutscenes detailling more in-depth what each one have been doing over the past 10 years.
  • (Perhaps the more unlikely scenario since it would take a lot of work and time) The above happens but instead of being cutscenes they are small playable segments with each bro (ala a chapter 13 verse 2 but a smaller in scope).
After you leave Hammerhead let the players go from Hammerhead to the Citadel, with the last camping site near the bridge of Insomnia. I would also expand Insomnia but, only a linear segment that goes from the bridge/gate of Insomnia to the citadel (like in the image above), this linear segment of the city would finally lead into the cutscene of the bros facing the main building.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Those are good suggestions.

It’s promising that they are willing to rework some scenes to accomodate the new content.

Who knows?

Maybe we will have small playable segments with each bro like you said.

I’d be thrilled if we have to venture out into the WoR to find the bros one by one after Talcott drops us off at Takka’s Pitt Stop.