1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Keiji Inafune on Japan's Culture of Fear

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 24, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I actually thought this was a very good read & interview of the Mega Man creator.

Have a read:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mega-man-creator-on-japan-s-culture-of-fear/1100-6428379/

What he says makes sense and true at the same time. It just makes it so important for all of the anticipated Japanese games and JRPGs as it determines how the Japanese gaming industry will function in the future.

If all goes well, we'll see many Japanese game studios will gain the confidence to try to go for something different.... Different in a good way.

Just have a read on the interview, trust me. It really does spark a good & meaty discussion.

"If one person raises their hand, others will follow." - Inafune

2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I hope that with this recent events, more japanese developer would start taking more into consideration the non-japanese market and that there´s demand for games made by them.

On the other hand i´m fearing that they will only make games that they/fans are familiar with.

3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

As in "playing safe", right? They need a confidence boost to go well beyond that.

4. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Yes, because i wonder, would Inafune, Igarashi have recived support if (for ex) the former were to a FPS and the later a fighting game isntead ?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!