1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Kingdom Hearts II: Beyond the X Button (gameplay analysis)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Lulcielid, Mar 25, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Interesting look at the combar system of KINGDOM HEARTS II, how the game plays and how the game explains to the player how it plays.

Original Review by Youtube user MieDAX

LeonBlade and dissasterrific like this.
  2. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I literally just saw the video before you posted it. It gave me a much needed insight on how the gameplay works and I'm willing to try and learn. You know, having played the Final Mix version that came with 2.5 HD, and after beating the Cave of Remembrance (no luck with those insane Organization XIII superbosses, though), I knew that there was more to the game than just the basic "Mash X, hit Triangle sometimes, and Cure", but the combos shown on the video just blew my mind. I didn't know they were possible at all! And he explains it very well: I never really needed them during the game. I didn't even know how to use the limits or how to level up the Drive forms until halfway through the game, because I never felt the need to really use them. The game felt really easy.

This is a great video. I just beat KH2 this month, but I think I'm going to give it another go to try and use these strategies.

LeonBlade likes this.
  3. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Indeed it was really good look at KHII gameplay, gameplay more complex than you can see at first glance but, just like he said, the times when you actually will use the gameplay at its full potential (full potential available at that point in the game) are few and far between, which is really shame. Hopefuly it doesn´t happen again in KHIII.

LeonBlade likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!