1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Kingdom Hearts III footage shown at the KH 2.5 NA Launch Event!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Dec 2, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Taken place at the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX North American launch event, Square Enix has shown off never before seen Kingdom Hearts III footage there.

The following has been shown off at the event:

• Concept Art (No specifics given)
    • New Heartless designs (Gladiator themed according to KHInsider)
    • Revamped Land of Departure. Shape of main building resembles tower from Daybreak Town. (KHInsider)
    • Sora was shown in the outfit he wore in KHII. (KHInsider)
    • Sora in a library looking at a large window with flowing curtains. Chess-like pieces lined the window with crowns & heart tops (KHInsider).
    • NEW Sora Gun Keyblade attacks. KHInsider describes it as "transformed his Keyblade into dual guns, then combined and further evolved them into a cannon."
    It has been confirmed that more that Square Enix will release even more new information of Kingdom Hearts III in 2015, according to KH13.

You have no idea how much excitement is building up inside me right now. :chocowalk:

***EDIT***

KHInsider has released an article detailing the footage shown at the event.
    http://www.khinsider.com/news/New-Kingdom-Hearts-III-Footage-at-2-5-Launch-Event-4793

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. Bobjam

Bobjam Balamb Garden Freshman

I posted this elsewhere, but I was lucky enough to attend the London 2.5 event which also showed the KH3 concept teaser trailer and this is what I said when I got back last night:

"Well, just got back from the London event and my did Square really hit it out of the park with this one. The venue, the set up, the people, the free food and drink and photo ops that came with it all - I have almost never seen such a big company give so much to its fans in the way they did it tonight.

Most importantly though, we got to see the KH3 concept video that those in Cali got to see. And it was amazing. But I will say this: it felt way too short and loose for it to be something that will just be thrown onto youtube any day now. It really was the sneakiest of peaks into enemy design and Sora's model and attack animation. There was far much less clear content then there was in the D23 trailer in my opinion. It really was just quick flashes of things.

My overall impressions however were (on the part of seeing Sora walk towards the chess pieces) the game was in its best looking form so far by a clear mile. Not just the lighting, but it was closest we have the game to looking like visual works cgi quality but in real-time. It was only an 8 second clip, if that, but it really looked like the visuals of this game are shaping to be a complete 100x upgrade on the last two console games.

This may not be released to the public but man just wait until they have the first full trailer for this game, it is going to mind boggle people for sure with how good it looks. And in my opinion, it will be on of the best looking current gen games for sure. No hyperbole.

Thank you SE for such a wonderful event. Hopefully it will happen again someday for KH3."

It was awesome =)

3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Man, it still sucks that the fans who didn't get to attend to the event may never see the glorious footage or content you saw. Oh well, it's got me invigorated after hearing the details.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  4. Bobjam

All I can say is, just everyone wait till the next official trailer is released....it is going to be mind blowing. It will make what people saw at the KH events look like bad photoshopped images cap'd from a computer back in Japan....and actually most of what we saw was screen cap'd images from a computer back in Japan =D!

5. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I have to say - I saw this at the London event, and this really wasn't that much. To me it was a lot of nothing in a sense - there was some lovely concept art, some animation renders of the gun thing and some new Heartless types, and then about six seconds of real time footage - and even then it was Sora alone in a room - no combat, no gameplay, barely even any movement. The time'll come for proper stuff, but I wouldn't lose your minds too much over this. ;)

The event itself was great, as @Bobjam said!

6. Bobjam

As someone who has been waiting since (technically) October 2006 for this game and couldn't be more excited about it, I just felt massively teased. I didn't leave the theatre thinking: "omg did you see all off that amazing stuff! Man I can't believe they showed this and that" - It was more like: "looked great, Sora looks better than D23 trailer.....I really want the next trailer". No doubt that study room will be coming back in a future trailer for sure. It felt too important of a room to just tease in a concept trailer and then never come back too. It also gave off Hollow Bastionish vibes with the books and particular ornaments around the room.

Either way, cannot wait for people's reactions to the next full trailer they release.

7. ChronoRiskbreaker

ChronoRiskbreaker PSICOM Soldier

I wonder if the intro of Kingdom Hearts 3 would use in-game graphics, instead of a pre-rendered one. I won't mind what it'll be, as long as I can hear Utada Hikaru sing.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!