KINGDOM HEARTS III - General News Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Well at least I can expect having raw fun with the game even if Nomura drops the ball (for the third time if it happens...) in the narrative department.

This is the most exciting I've been with anything KH related since before DDD came out.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
This combat looks like mindless fun, even if there are camera issues that make FFXVs look positively Scorsese-ian in comparison. These worlds look vibrant and may just capture that elusive "Disney Magic." I can't wait to get to use these finishers without having to burn a FastPass.

Everything else -- well if I can get through the story without laughing too hard, I'll consider it a success.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Eh - if it made 2018, it would have been late November or December. January doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. But I can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth at "SE lied!!111!1!", "SE is a joke!!!111!", etc. that is going to fill forums and YouTube channels.

Eh - if it made 2018, it would have been late November or December. January doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. But I can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth at "SE lied!!111!1!", "SE is a joke!!!111!", etc. that is going to fill forums and YouTube channels.
I think people had already kind of foreseen this, at least I did. I'm not going to complain about this in any capacity, especially if this gets us the non-English dubs in the West.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
That trailer looks pretty good. Have no idea what's going on though since I only played KH1 and KH2.

I have until January 29th 2019 to play all the games and get up to speed on the story. Just not sure on the order of which games to play next...

Feb 18, 2018
That trailer looks pretty good. Have no idea what's going on though since I only played KH1 and KH2.

I have until January 29th 2019 to play all the games and get up to speed on the story. Just not sure on the order of which games to play next...
You absolutely have to play the games in the order in which they released otherwise you'll get alot of things spoiled, so save this somewhere, that's the correct order:

1) Kingdom Hearts
2) Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (Personally watched the movie on youtube, the gameplay was pretty bad in the ps4 "remake" imo )
3) Kingdom Hearts II
4) Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (it's in the form of a movie in the PS4 collection)
5) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
6) Kingdom Hearts: Coded (in the form of a movie in the ps4 collection aswell)
7) Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
8) Kingdom Hearts x: Back Cover (it's a CGI movie)
9) Kingdom Hearts 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage (short episode, roughly 2 hours long, taking place after the events of Birth by sleep and ties into KH3, using KH3 engine (which made alot of progress since then, KH3 looks way better than 0.2 now :p )
10) Kingdom Hearts III

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018

If you have a PS4 you can have all the games with the Kingdom Hearts I.5 + II.5 and Kingdom Hearts II.8 collections.
Play first I.5 + II.5 and the games there by the order they are presented and then the games in II.8 by the same rule and you are ready for Kingdom hearts III.