1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Kingdom Hearts ranks 30th in the 2015 Classic FM Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Sora96, Apr 7, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

The Kingdom Hearts series has ranked an impressive 30th in the 2015 Classic FM Hall of Fame, a jump of 147 places from last year. The Classic FM Hall of Fame is an annual compilation of the 300 most popular classical works as polled by listeners of Classic FM. Classic FM is one of the United Kingdom's three Independent National Radio stations.

Congratulations to Yoko Shimomura, the composer of the Kingdom Hearts series and Square Enix who also had the Final Fantasy series rank at 9th.

2. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Kingdom Hearts III should bump up the rank a little further.... Whenever they decide to leak out some new info of the game.

3. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I have mixed feelings about the Classic FM thing really; I'm friends with the guy who runs the campaign to get people to vote for game music, and I love game music - my physical FF music CD collection is over 120 CD sets at this point - but sometimes I think it doesn't entirely belong on this list, at least not as high as it does.. It takes a lot to touch the old classical music's finest.

But hey ho! This is amazing news all the same.

Sora96 likes this.
  4. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I wonder how do they come up with the decision to add those game music to those list. What do they look for in a piece that makes it so good?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!