KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV news & discussion thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
More proof of the ring magic not having the "protect" spell like people keep speculating... The Glaives are freely using protect here multiple times.
Their protect spell is different. The ring magic barrier is a full 360 degree magical barrier that blocks Glauca's blow entirely and is completely opaque. The Glaive protect spell is a transparent barrier oriented in front of the caster that has been shown to chip and break when its struck with force. It's possible the ring has a more powerful version of this same spell. Reflect, wall, something like that.

EDIT: Those clips are super rad by the way and I hadn't seen them!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Their protect spell is different. The ring magic barrier is a full 360 degree magical barrier that blocks Glauca's blow entirely and is completely opaque. The Glaive protect spell is a transparent barrier oriented in front of the caster that has been shown to chip and break when its struck with force. It's possible the ring has a more powerful version of this same spell. Reflect, wall, something like that.

EDIT: Those clips are super rad by the way and I hadn't seen them!
Well, the Barrier technically is still a ring magic, as the Glaives get their magic from the ring. What I mean is, the special magic from the ring isn't Barrier, it's things like Meteor most likely. I mainly mean people who are guessing Barrier and Slow are the ring spells, when that's not true.

Sep 26, 2013
Well, the Barrier technically is still a ring magic, as the Glaives get their magic from the ring. What I mean is, the special magic from the ring isn't Barrier, it's things like Meteor most likely. I mainly mean people who are guessing Barrier and Slow are the ring spells, when that's not true.
I agree with you! We know for a fact that whatever magic the Glaives are using is by definition not royal ring magic, so protect or whatever falls under that. It seems plausible to me though that since the ring will have ultimate spells (another thing I agree with you on!) it would have some kind of ultimate defensive magic. Maybe it's this game's version of Mighty Guard? Or maybe the ring has the capability to supercharge normal magic the wearer already possesses.

Also, do you know where people are getting slow magic from? I haven't seen anything I thought looked like slow and I'm really curious.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Appreciated! I'm familiar with the trailer but I fail to see anything I'd consider slowing magic. Do you know the scene to which everyone is referring?
Yes, it's not worth thinking about though, what happens is not what those people are guessing. It's right when he puts on the barrier, Glauca attacks and he puts up the shield.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Thanks! See I thought that that's what people might be referring to, but that's clearly just for dramatic effect. Really strange case of jumping to conclusions.
Actually, if you pay attention, Nyx still moves at full speed while time around him slows. It's not just for dramatic effect, but I won't go into details. This is the news thread after all... I kind of forgot.