1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV news & discussion thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Lulcielid, May 30, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Bionicle8563

Bionicle8563 Red Wings Commander

Yeah I did the same thing. I got Deluxe preordered, saw KG in theaters and now I've torrented it cause I don't wanna pay another whatever$ to buy it digitally which IMO is fair enough cause I've paid for it twice already. Now the only issue is deciding how I want to get my hands on the extra Brotherhood ep...probably by sneaky methods.

TwoDotsO likes this.
  2. ChingleeTribal

ChingleeTribal Chocobo Knight

Bro I bought it on PSN. I don't want to power on my PS4 every time I want to watch it so would you be willing to kindly PM me the goods please?

3. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  4. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

I bought it earlier. That might make me a fool but oh well. I got the SD version, and I'll watch it in HD when I get my Blu Ray copy.

5. Rin

Rin Backlog Connoisseur Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

Watched it 1.5 times. Some of you may know that I dislike the film. While the film does some things really well, it ultimately feels like a 2-hour-long trailer rather than an actual movie--and with inconsistent voice acting and questionable cinematic direction, a mediocre trailer at that.

Kingsglaive does more telling than showing (a bizarre comment, yes, given the spectacular action sequences and visuals), and although I understand that it's supposed to set up the events that will transpire in XV, the film seems to rely too much on the hitherto unreleased game for it to have had any impact on me. Honestly it left a bad impression. Believe me when I say that I really wanted to like Kingsglaive. But I can't, even as an avid XV fan.

6. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I agree to an extend, the only instance I think this was a problem was when the movie wants to provide backstory for Nyx, Libertus & Crowe.

7. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

8. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Does anyone one how many times KINGSGLAIVE has been downloaded in any of the avaialable digital services?

9. Borzas2010

Borzas2010 Balamb Garden Freshman

After i watched this movie what can i say: it was a borefest, with unlikeable characters, except regis, Luna was a not for good anything character it was felt she was forced in this movie, so this is the strong character luna what tabata said? luna is the worst female character in ff universe so far, oh and the English voice cast was barely ok... sadly my disc is not contain japanese voices.

10. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

11. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

"Luna is the worst female character in the FF universe so far"

Oh come on, really? I don't think it's fair to judge her character from a 2 hour film when we have no idea how she'll be in the game.

TheOneWhoIsTornApart likes this.
  12. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Having watched the movie myself (my DVD copy arrived two days early), I can't say it was the best film I've ever seen. It really needed an extra half hour for character development, and there wasn't enough comedy. But The game-related characters are entertaining, the Kingsglaives' story is suitably tragic if a bit hammed up, and I found Lunafreya to be quite a strong if outwardly passive personality (still think they should've given her lower-heeled shoes). Graphics are of course amazing, and the score is alright with Shimomura's themes being its highlight.

13. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I think a 2 hour film is plenty of time to judge a character.

I saw the movie a few days ago. I honestly didn't like it. I just really hope the game's story is better.

14. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i'm indifferent to luna right now, she didn't gave me enough reasons to dislike or like her.

she seems very supportive, but i want to know more about her thoughts and personality behind the princess/oracle mantle.

15. ChingleeTribal

16. Bionicle8563

Bionicle8563 Red Wings Commander

Wait, the extended cut does that mean each ep is a little longer or is that in reference to the 6th ep?

17. ChingleeTribal

From what I've watched, between each episode there are small clips of Luna and the 5th Ep has a slightly extended fight with the Marilith.

18. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Watched the film finally. Visually, it was nice and the action was pretty sweet. The story wasn’t good and it was difficult to care about any of the characters. I’m guessing that was intentional though as this movie was clearly focused on the action and jammed pack with it. It’s your typical summer blockbuster film. Great visuals and action scenes, weak and forgettable story and characters.

Curious to see if the movie should have been something to watch before we play the game, after we've beaten the game or if it doesn't really matter.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!