KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV news & discussion thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Aug 13, 2016
Living in the UK (and it being a bank holiday), i was lucky enough to download and watch it this morning. I'm not sure i'd recommended it as a standalone movie, but there was a lot to like about Kingsglaive as a fan and it worked for me as an introduction to FFXV's world, characters and lore. It has helped to peak my interest for the main games release in November and i can't ask for much more than that.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
The Good:
-Amazing CGI
-Well rounded soundtrack
-Complex off the wall choreography and fight scenes
-Regis, Ardyn, Ledolas and Luna exceptionally well voice acted
-The feels from when Somnus played
-Regis death scene

The not so good:
-The glaives not given enough backstory
-Majority of the VA was not very good but just about passable
-Lip syncing or lack thereof
-Questionable editing between scene transitions
-Crow getting the Jihl Nabaat treatment which I kind of expected

Last edited:

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
In my opinion, Kingsglaive is great as an extended intro to FFXV, but weak overall as a film. Could've used another 30-60 mins to flesh out the characters as it jumps into the climax rather quickly, and doesn't stop from there until the credits roll.

That being said, at least it doesn't reek of fanfiction.net writing that Advent Children had.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
PSN
  • Available to buy in Germany on 30th September, from €13.99
  • Available to buy in Italy on 30th September, from €11.99
  • Available to buy in Spain on 30th September, from €9.99
  • Available to buy in France on 30th September, from €11.99
fuck me lol.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
PSN
fuck me lol.
Isn't it available on Amazon/iTunes EU right now?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
PSN
fuck me lol.
I can hit you up with a torrent if ya want.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
Guys, I don't know what to do! I was going to wait until my deluxe copy of the game arrived with the Kingsglaive Blu Ray, but now that it's out digitally and the game won't be out until 29th November I'm tempted to buy this. HALP.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Guys, I don't know what to do! I was going to wait until my deluxe copy of the game arrived with the Kingsglaive Blu Ray, but now that it's out digitally and the game won't be out until 29th November I'm tempted to buy this. HALP.
Its a good hype up for the game, if watch it right before you play the game you will be really hype so i would wait.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Have you considered whether or not it's the pirate's life for ye? If you're buying the movie anyway, that is.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
Have you considered whether or not it's the pirate's life for ye? If you're buying the movie anyway, that is.
I'm not one to advertise piracy; but I agree with the above sentiment.

I have the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered (and therefore already paid for the movie). I feel a bit silly to either wait till the end of November or to shell out another 10+ Euros for a digital version of the movie, so I simply downloaded a torrent for it.

Edit: If the movie had actually released in cinemas here where I lived, I would've definitely shelled out the money for that. But alas...

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
I'm not one to advertise piracy; but I agree with the above sentiment.
Yeah I did the same thing. I got Deluxe preordered, saw KG in theaters and now I've torrented it cause I don't wanna pay another whatever$ to buy it digitally which IMO is fair enough cause I've paid for it twice already. Now the only issue is deciding how I want to get my hands on the extra Brotherhood ep...probably by sneaky methods.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah I did the same thing. I got Deluxe preordered, saw KG in theaters and now I've torrented it cause I don't wanna pay another whatever$ to buy it digitally which IMO is fair enough cause I've paid for it twice already. Now the only issue is deciding how I want to get my hands on the extra Brotherhood ep...probably by sneaky methods.
Bro I bought it on PSN. I don't want to power on my PS4 every time I want to watch it so would you be willing to kindly PM me the goods please?