KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV news & discussion thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Watched it 1.5 times. Some of you may know that I dislike the film. While the film does some things really well, it ultimately feels like a 2-hour-long trailer rather than an actual movie--and with inconsistent voice acting and questionable cinematic direction, a mediocre trailer at that.

Kingsglaive does more telling than showing (a bizarre comment, yes, given the spectacular action sequences and visuals), and although I understand that it's supposed to set up the events that will transpire in XV, the film seems to rely too much on the hitherto unreleased game for it to have had any impact on me. Honestly it left a bad impression. Believe me when I say that I really wanted to like Kingsglaive. But I can't, even as an avid XV fan.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Kingsglaive does more telling than showing (a bizarre comment, yes, given the spectacular action sequences and visuals)....
I agree to an extend, the only instance I think this was a problem was when the movie wants to provide backstory for Nyx, Libertus & Crowe.

Borzas2010

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 1, 2016
After i watched this movie what can i say: it was a borefest, with unlikeable characters, except regis, Luna was a not for good anything character it was felt she was forced in this movie, so this is the strong character luna what tabata said? luna is the worst female character in ff universe so far, oh and the English voice cast was barely ok... sadly my disc is not contain japanese voices.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
After i watched this movie what can i say: it was a borefest, with unlikeable characters, except regis, Luna was a not for good anything character it was felt she was forced in this movie, so this is the strong character luna what tabata said? luna is the worst female character in ff universe so far, oh and the English voice cast was barely ok... sadly my disc is not contain japanese voices.
"Luna is the worst female character in the FF universe so far"

Oh come on, really? I don't think it's fair to judge her character from a 2 hour film when we have no idea how she'll be in the game.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Having watched the movie myself (my DVD copy arrived two days early), I can't say it was the best film I've ever seen. It really needed an extra half hour for character development, and there wasn't enough comedy. But The game-related characters are entertaining, the Kingsglaives' story is suitably tragic if a bit hammed up, and I found Lunafreya to be quite a strong if outwardly passive personality (still think they should've given her lower-heeled shoes). Graphics are of course amazing, and the score is alright with Shimomura's themes being its highlight.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i'm indifferent to luna right now, she didn't gave me enough reasons to dislike or like her.

she seems very supportive, but i want to know more about her thoughts and personality behind the princess/oracle mantle.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Watched the film finally. Visually, it was nice and the action was pretty sweet. The story wasn’t good and it was difficult to care about any of the characters. I’m guessing that was intentional though as this movie was clearly focused on the action and jammed pack with it. It’s your typical summer blockbuster film. Great visuals and action scenes, weak and forgettable story and characters.

Curious to see if the movie should have been something to watch before we play the game, after we've beaten the game or if it doesn't really matter.