1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Kotaku Interview with Tai Yasue about Kingdom Hearts III

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 12, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Talking about the Kingdom Hearts III E3 2014 teaser

Yasue: That's the starting scene for Kingdom Hearts III, actually. [Co-director Tetsuya] Nomura has a real clear picture of the starting sequence. He wrote that up actually, the drawings, and we voice-recorded that. That's gonna be a real integral part of the story of Kingdom Hearts III. It's gonna be the starting point of Kingdom Hearts III.

Kotaku: Is there anything you can hint at or tease to fans who might be desperate for any information on Kingdom Hearts III?

Yasue: As a developer I'm really excited, the technology is totally different, and creatively it's moving at leaps and bounds.

Yasue is talking about the KINGDOM HEARTS III trailer at D23 Expo Japan:

Yasue: We'll have, I think, a lot of that. You could I guess imagine a theme park sort of ride-based action. I think that might be an important part of the game, and so I think people can really look forward to that. It will be moving in leaps and bounds, I think. It's very exciting.

An interesting quote from the article: "I told Yasue, who is bi-lingual and speaks both Japanese and English, that the first thing everyone thought when Disney bought Lucasfilm was that now Kingdom Hearts could have Star Wars. He laughed and said he couldn't comment."

Final words:

Yasue: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is gorgeous, I think. But Kingdom Hearts III is pure magic.

Click Here for the Kotaku page of the interview
    Founded via KH13.com

So considering that the teaser was actually the intro of Kingdom Hearts III, I am gonna have to analyse that teaser from top to bottom to understand like literally everything.

As for the fact that Yasue laughed bout the Star Wars Disney thing....... I don't want Star Wars to be in Kingdom Hearts!!!!

Nikolasvanitas likes this.
  2. Tani

Tani Yevonite

Wow that laughter sounds like an evil sinister laugh >.> Star Wars is a bad idea in Kingdom Hearts 3, but i still have faith in Nomura actually. I don't think he'll make a mistake like this..... hopefully >.>

3. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

Why would Star Wars be a mistake?

4. Wazi the pa

Star Wars is a whole other franchise and the lore within it is too much to even fit in Kingdom Hearts. Also, it doesn't have that same lovable disney feel that many Disney movies has (Atlantis, Princess & the Frog), even though Star Wars is such a beloved franchise.

The reasons I gave are very vague but the reasons out there are detailed and understandable enough to agree.

5. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies (I know, I know) so my understanding of the movies themes and plots are very superficial. But I thought Light vs. Dark along with "Small beginnings with a big destiny" themes played a huge part in the Star Wars mythos, probably more so than any other Disney franchise.

I just figured that would be a perfect fit for KH to juxtapose its own telling of those two themes when checking in with some of the SW characters.

6. Wazi the pa

You're not wrong there at all Joshie! Star Wars does have that Light vs Dark theme all over, but thats only the surface of it. Whats lovable about Star Wars is the..... exploration of different planets containing different habitats and civilization. On top of that, theres also the battle between the Jedi and the Sith (Light & Dark) which is made by multiple events that took place in the Star Wars universe. But why most fans do not want it to be in Kingdom Hearts is that.... its too live action and most of the time it has a very serious story in which Kingdom Hearts won't able to mirror it like the movie does (Since the story of Kingdom Hearts is too important to leave it aside for even just a bit).

Nonetheless, you should give a try on the Star Wars series and if you are start with the original trilogy and then the prequels if you are up for it. Maybe it might prep you for Episode VII if you are ever interested in it :D

7. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Ugh... the prequels...

8. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Episode III wasn't bad at all.

9. ScienceNonfiction

Episode III was the only passable one. I and II were pretty bad in my opinion. Though I've gotta admit, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul is probably my favorite scene in all of Star Wars.

10. Wazi the pa

Episode II made me left the cinema early because I COULD NOT STAND that whiny Anikan!

11. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

But what about that animated series The Clone Wars? I haven't watched it but apparently it's very popular. It has a cartoonish style which would fit KH perfectly.
    [​IMG]

About the story, I honestly don't remember it being so serious and complicated :D But maybe it's just me.
    Anyway, every disney story in KH was simplified by quite a bit. I see no reason why the same couldn't be done with Star Wars. Also the whole Light vs Dark theme just seems so perfect for Kingdom hearts.

12. ScienceNonfiction

Wow, I hadn't even thought of The Clone Wars. I haven't watched it either, but I can totally see that art style meshing well with KH, especially with the direction they're taking with the art style in III.

13. Wazi the pa

its very serious in the movies. The Clone Wars show covers the gap between Star Wars Episode II and Episode III.
    I admit, the style in the show can fit in with the design that Kingdom Hearts III currently has but again when showing off Star Wars, its like you're trying to push in a whole other franchise when two franchise are already within Kingdom Hearts plus original characters and story.

However, of all the use of Disney movies that Kingdom Hearts utilize in their games, PIXAR MOVIES MUST COME FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE
    [​IMG]

Forget Star Wars. Forget Marvel. Appreciate what Pixar Studios has made over the years with the most emotional and memorable movies you have ever seen and imagine seeing their movies take place within Kingdom Hearts III.
    This is where Kingdom Hearts III will really shine at its finest.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!