1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Latest Purchases

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Azuardo, Oct 2, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

Hmm, i think the last thing i purchased was probably Bravely Default.

2. Luna

Luna Balamb Garden Freshman

Type-0 HD Soundtrack! The official lyrics to "The Beginning of the End" (aka "We Have Arrived") have been released, so I'm super pumped. ^^

3. Misty

Misty Yevonite

Went into the city for the first time in a while to see a concert with my boyfriend. We spent the day and hit up some neat shops, I picked up a few goodies along the way!
    • Selected Poems by e.e. cummings. I own is 5 already, which includes my favorite by him ("since feeling is first"), but I've been getting back into poetry lately and wanted to add some more.
    • Marceline Gone Adrift #3. I'm a big Adventure Time fan and this is a great little series!
    • Sex Criminals, Vol. 2: Two Worlds, One Cop. Hilarious and sexy and awkward and romantic, probably my favorite comic behind Saga.
    • Spider-Gwen #1 and #2. Mostly picked these up by recommendation, I'm not one for Marvel or superheros in general. I liked the idea behind it, just not my genre.
    • Also grabbed a tee shirt from the show -- we were a little disappointed by their merch table, but for $10, I'm glad to have a souvenir of such an awesome show. A little bummed they didn't have any size smalls! Unisex shirts are already large on me.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  4. Narolf

Narolf Yevonite

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Rin, Cadet and Shin Kazama like this.
  5. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

^ Patiently awaiting a pre-order in NA for that :D

Rin and Narolf like this.
  6. Narolf

Narolf Yevonite

I shall fire up my gree... blue card just for it, shipping included.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  7. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

A black new 3ds, the Xenoblade faceplate, and Xenoblade 3ds. The game is glorious; I dunno if I can call it beautiful because the textures have been compressed to PSone era level, but it looks (text legibility, interface crowding etc) and performs way better than I expected.

The smaller n3ds is the perfect size for my hands too. My old LL feels like a brick with noisy hinges in comparison.

8. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

[​IMG]
    HA! Bow before me, you plebs!

Jk aside, I'm so happy.

Rin likes this.
  9. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Ness Amiibo. Yes, I waited in line for this. :|

buddhafied likes this.
  10. buddhafied

buddhafied Clan Centurio Member

NO, FREAKING WAY! Congratulations! Happy to know there are other people here who also caught amiibola :D

11. Squirrel Emperor

Kinda I guess. I do want them but I’m not actively searching for them like the hardest of hardcore collectors are. It’s not worth it. I don’t think anyone who was waiting in line at Gamestop on Thursday was thrilled about it. I got my Ness pre-ordered but I wasn’t jumping in joy about it. It’s just not fun anymore.

The only rare amiibos I have are Shulk and soon to be Ness. I missed out on Captain Falcon, Pit, Little Mac and Rosalina. Who the fuck knows if I'll ever get my hands on them.

Nintendo has to fix this shit before the bubble bursts. People are starting to give up and move on. It’s absolutely pathetic. These things sell out in minutes and those who aren’t bat shit nuts about the figures will miss out and never see it coming (like Jigglypuff pre-orders popping up out of nowhere without warning).

The most annoying thing about all of this is not knowing when rare amiibos will be back in stock. Nobody is talking. It's dumb.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  12. buddhafied

buddhafied Clan Centurio Member

I actually read a few good articles on this today, one being this one:
    http://www.wired.com/2015/04/amiibo-bubble/?mbid=social_fb

It's a very good article with constructive criticisms/suggestions. I have been loving Nintendo since Famicon and continue to have most, if not all, their systems even through the dark ages with hardly any 3rd party games. Wii U turned out to be an awesome system and I have had no problem promoting it; however, this amiibo situation is honestly turning me off from their business model quite a bit.

I can understand they could have underestimated the demand for the amiibo (I don't know how they can, but let's just say they did); I can understand they don't know how to properly distribute toys (which is ironic consider they were a toy company before video games); I can understand the port strike had certain affect to the shipment (yet nothing other than amiibo shipment seemed to be affected by it); but they have done an absolutely horrible job in keeping demand and even acknowledge the failure on their end. It's simply not the way how business should be run in 2015.

What really upsets me, to be honest, started with the Gold Mario amiibo. Up until then, I still wanted to believe the whole issue was just a simple under supply and over demand, but the introduction of the Gold Mario was solely to drive the demand and hype of the amiibo. It showed me, in my opinion, Nintendo wanted this to happen all along. I find it very heartbreaking when the company that took the time and policy to ensure their multiplayer interface is clear of profanities and inappropriate messages, will allows its customer base to fight over little plastic figures like a dog-eat-dog world, not to mentioned encouraging/rewarding scalpers.

Disappointing is the word.

13. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

Latest purchase was Xenoblade Chronicles 3d for the new 3ds. Amazing game so far.

Rin likes this.
  14. Rin

Rin Backlog Connoisseur Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

Bloodborne! First Souls game for me. Died twice so far, have gotten lost many times. The fact that the game's in Japanese doesn't help at all. :p

15. Squirrel Emperor

By following a couple Amiibo accounts on Twitter, I learned about what Amazon was doing on Friday with wave 4 Amiibos and managed to snag Lucina, who apparently only lasted 30 seconds. I wasn't expecting to get her. I just wanted to see if I was fast enough, but it sounds like I was more lucky then fast. The option to place an order never seemed to have appeared for some people who were refreshing the page to death. I tried the same with Robin and never saw the option to place an order for that character. People were pissed. Hell, Lucina was trending on twitter at one point because of it.

Just got her in the mail today. Perfect condition. Should be getting Ness very soon too.

16. BZero

BZero Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

Canon PowerShot S120
    [​IMG]

Last game purchased: Besiege early access on Steam. Pretty fun.

17. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

Don't judge me. I bought Pokémon Typing for the awesome bluetooth keyboard. Works with PS3/4 flawlessly. I'm not sure how I'll get through Kid Icarus. My hand/wrist was wrecking after chapter 1 :/

18. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

That's just the tip of the iceberg. It's going to get worse on higher difficulties/later stages. It's a shame too. Uprising is otherwise a solid game. It's just too bad that it literally physically hurts to play it. Good luck. Maybe try resting the 3DS on a flat surface and controlling the circle pad with your index finger?

Azuardo likes this.
  19. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

Looks like I'll have to try some alternate method for sure, or just play with extremely long breaks... Although the fact I haven't gone back to it for weeks since I first played it isn't a good sign. Not finding any urge to play it again after that carpal tunnel nightmare.

20. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

I know that pain, man. I know that pain. And some of the later chapters get quite long...

I remember reading somewhere that it was originally planned to be a Wii game, and I can only wish that it actually were. The controls would have worked so much better on Wii or Wii U.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!