Let´s replay Final Fantasy: FINAL FANTASY IX

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Well there aren't many things to do or discuss at this point of the game anyways. I would really love to discuss about Burmecia and Freya though. It's a very interesting drama...

I also agree with Omega that it's necessary for players and non-players to discuss more, and participate more in this thread. It's not necessary to be 24/7 here, but at least to start or join a conversation.

As for the game, I've decided that I'll stop playing if this week doesn't give me the amount of time that I need to keep following this project. I did not see all these duties coming at once... This the last semester and I thought it would be more relaxing. But some scientific projects that occured last week cannot be overlooked and overtaken...

That decision of mine is entirely for the benefit of the rest of the players. I really feel sorry for being so far behind, thus keeping the rest of you that behind and especially for not enjoying this that much, these days. However I'll let you know if and when I decide that, and of course I'll keep discussing everything about this game, no matter what! I've played FFIX so many times and I really enjoy talking about it... We'll see... Hope things get better regarding free time...

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
well its not like you are the only one Leon. buddhafied and Phoenix also currently need more than 2 days to reach a checkpoint. And sadly neither of them participate much beyond the "I reached the checkpoint" post- This has become a general thing, which is really bad because I feel like this project is almost dead already. Pity, I had thought in a FF forum and a great community like this one it would really work and be fun. I am ready to close it down to be honest.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
well its not like you are the only one Leon. buddhafied and Phoenix also currently need more than 2 days to reach a checkpoint. And sadly neither of them participate much beyond the "I reached the checkpoint" post- This has become a general thing, which is really bad because I feel like this project is almost dead already. Pity, I had thought in a FF forum and a great community like this one it would really work and be fun. I am ready to close it down to be honest.
Just scrap the checkpoint idea and everyone play through as they like. Then talk about what you want in spoilers and people can reply to that part if they've done it, too. All I know is that if checkpoints exist for any future LP threads (if Omega makes them, that is), I won't be doing it. I'd prefer an LP with no checkpoints. That's my suggestion anyway. No need to "close it down" though. Just change it so that people can play it as they see fit and discuss it as they see fit. Change it to more of a general FFIX topic, if you will. Doesn't mean people need to stop playing the game at all. If anything, it'll just work out better instead of people getting frustrated and such.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Just scrap the checkpoint idea and everyone play through as they like. Then talk about what you want in spoilers and people can reply to that part if they've done it, too. All I know is that if checkpoints exist for any future LP threads (if Omega makes them, that is), I won't be doing it. I'd prefer an LP with no checkpoints. That's my suggestion anyway. No need to "close it down" though. Just change it so that people can play it as they see fit and discuss it as they see fit. Change it to more of a general FFIX topic, if you will. Doesn't mean people need to stop playing the game at all. If anything, it'll just work out better instead of people getting frustrated and such.
That's a nice idea too... I mean it obviously doesn't work out the last few days. Maybe you should consider this Omega. As long as there is a group of people who are interested in this game we can all keep this thread alive. And as you can see from day one... I'm right here everyday, and Azuardo too... There is still excitement, so what's stopping us?

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
If anybody is just playing the game for himself and its not a shared experience anymore then the whole purpose for a playthrough project is void. Azuardo, you have made these point already earlier so i dont know why you keep repeating yourself. Its not like I didnt hear you the first time. I get it - you dont like checkpoints and wanna do everything on your own pace. Thats fine but thats not a shared playthrough anymore, thats just everyone playing for himself. And I can do that on my own, I dont need a Community playthrough project for that. Like you said what you suggest is just turning this into a common FF IX discussion thread where people can also post about individual playthroughs. Which would be exactly the thing I didnt want the playthrough project to turn into. I wanted this to be a COMMUNITY project, not an individual playthrough project. The main goal was to have a shared experience of it. There is nothing left of that in what you suggest. What you suggest is instead no different from me just doing a regular playthrough all by myself without caring about what others do in their playthrough and posting about it in a regular discussion thread. There is nothing special, shared or much of a Community Project about that. Which is why I guess its safe to say that the attempt of such a project failed and is apparently not possible in a forum of Final Fantasy fans....

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It's still a shared community playthrough if everybody is playing it around about the same time. What does it matter if someone else is 10 hours ahead or not? People can still talk about the experiences they're having with each other. I don't see how just because people are at different points in the story all of a sudden no one is sharing the experience and not talking about it. The reason no one is talking about it right now is because everyone's stuck waiting around and not playing it. Why would you playing further ahead than others mean you suddenly don't care about others' playthroughs? You can still care and talk to others about wherever they're up to and talk to others who are at or passed the point you're at.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Good to know. Omega kept going nuts and overreacting to everyone elses opinions. So if this works out, who should, if it's a good idea, make the next "Let's replay"?

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
Well, Sapientia was thinking of doing one for XIII and XIII-2, without, you know, the super-restrictive checkpoint thing and over-reacting. Not sure when she plans on doing it, though.
EDIT: What I do know is that it'll be a while from now.

Sapientia

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Good to know. Omega kept going nuts and overreacting to everyone elses opinions. So if this works out, who should, if it's a good idea, make the next "Let's replay"?
Storm and I are using this thread as an example of what not to do in our pre-LR playthrough here pretty soon. Very little guidelines that are flexible, checkpoints that simply exist for people to talk about (boss battles or story events for example), and maybe a discussion at the end of the week. Needless to say, we get it people have jobs and responsibilities outside of playing a game 24/7. Discuss when you want, play how you want and how fast or slow. If you get ahead, use spoiler tags. If you're behind, we will use spoiler tags. Storm and I are still working out the details though.

Last edited:

Sapientia

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Well, Sapientia was thinking of doing one for XIII and XIII-2, without, you know, the super-restrictive checkpoint thing and over-reacting. Not sure when she plans on doing it, though.
Oh, hi. Just posted something.
Well, if we want people to have plenty of time to play both FFXIII and XIII-2, when do you think we should start? There's about four months until LR, so...maybe start playing FFXIII after these guys are done, give them a few weeks to chill if they want to or are busy, and then start it up? A month or so after we finish FFXIII and start XIII-2 would probably be good, too...

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It's better for everybody and the forum itself included. It was far too much in the end. Let's move on :]

Personally, all I wanted is to talk to others about their time with the game, offer help if need be, answer questions etc. If people still want to play the game then I'm sure we can leave this thread open to continue as intended, just without all the checkpoint bollocks.

Otherwise, I propose just a new FF9 discussion thread where people can still ultimately talk about their current playthroughs, whilst of course being for all general talk of the game, too. I'd rather a new thread for FF9 discussion than turning this one into it - start afresh.

I'd prefer to have official threads for all FF games, tbh - so the same for FF7 and 8 in particular - but whether new threads should be made specifically for a community playthrough for either of those games is something else to discuss.

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
Personally, all I wanted is to talk to others about their time with the game, offer help if need be, answer questions etc. If people still want to play the game then I'm sure we can leave this thread open to continue as intended, just without all the checkpoint bollocks.
Yeah, that's how it should have been, really. With these kinds of games you really can't use checkpoints. Of course, when Sapientia starts with a community playthrough of XIII and XIII-2 (provided others want to join), we'll (I'll be helping, hence "we") be using checkpoints as a way of saying that you can now talk about everything before that point outside of spoiler tags, not as a method of making everyone play at the same pace.

Sapientia

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Yeah, that's how it should have been, really. With these kinds of games you really can't use checkpoints. Of course, when Sapientia starts with a community playthrough of XIII and XIII-2 (provided others want to join), we'll (I'll be helping, hence "we") be using checkpoints as a way of saying that you can now talk about everything before that point outside of spoiler tags, not as a method of making everyone play at the same pace.
Yup. Very relaxed, play-at-your-own-pace, and do whatever you want. It's a bit different than FFIX since, well...FFXIII has zero side quests and things to distract you until Gran Pulse, and then the checkpoint will probably be something like reaching a certain area.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
So... is this going to keep going without Omega?
It can if you guys want it to. Um... if y'all want to make a new thread for the playthrough with new rules and so on, someone can and a staff member can lock the current thread (I honestly don't know how to run these sort of things, and I'm unsure about the other staff members), or if you all still want to use this thread, a staff member can edit the first post to better serve whatever purpose is decided upon.

So it's up to the participants to decide what they think is best for the playthrough now :3

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Locking the thread. Feel free to start a new one unless you'd like to start a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.