1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Let´s Replay Final Fantasy: General Discussion & Voting (Poll)

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Omegaflare, Oct 1, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

Which Final Fantasy game do you want us to play through together first?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2013.
  1. Final Fantasy VII

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Final fantasy IX

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

I like it. They look reasonable and like it wouldn't take too long to get from one to the next, even for us working types.

So when are we starting this thing?

2. Omegaflare

Omegaflare Yevonite

Hm...if there is no one who would like to be added to the official players list, I would suggest we start tomorrow, if thats okay for all those who take part in it.

3. Leon Aether

Leon Aether PSICOM Soldier

Well in my 27-28 playthroughs I did decide once to take Quina with me and I enjoyed it to Necron. However it never happened again, nor will, I suppose. I was just reffering to when she will get recruitable.

Sure. Fine by me! Just a question... Where and when do we write about our progress? In this thread and when reaching a chekpoint, or should we write also in between checkpoints?

4. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

New thread will be made.

I think I'll just write as I go - posting random thoughts here and there as I come across them. Writing a summary of thoughts at each checkpoint might be preferrable for some, though. Whatever takes your fancy, I guess!

Omegaflare and Leon Aether like this.
  5. Omegaflare

Omegaflare Yevonite

yes I will open a new thread in a moment and people are of course free to post whenever they want. The important thing is that they post as often as possible about their playthrough so that we get a ongoing conversation flowing. I say I would make it as a "rule" that upon reaching a checkpoint is the latest point that one should post but he can post of course between them as well. But it would be bad if people wouldnt post until they reach the 3rd checkpoint or so, I want to avoid that.

6. Zack

Zack Somniac Staff Member Moderator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I will be writing a couple reviews tonight, but I will get started tomorrow if that's the plan.

7. Leon Aether

Leon Aether PSICOM Soldier

Okay. I'll start playing tonight or tommorow then. I will be able to play around 2-3 hours per day due to lack of time since university lessons start on Monday here. I won't farm too much though just to make sure I'll keep up with the team. I suppose arriving at Cleyra for instance at lvl 12-15 is enouph...

8. Omegaflare

Omegaflare Yevonite

I advise everyone to read the first post in the new FF IX playthrough thread I just created where I posted all of the rules, when we start etc.

9. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

I've read the first post about 10 times now, and I know this was all for the PSOne FF games, but is there any chance of it including the other ones? Just wondering, even though the only FF game I currently have in my possession is one of the ones with the most negative reactions to it.

10. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

Don't see why that would be a problem for the future. I'm sure many other people would want to do games other than the PS1 FFs.

11. Omegaflare

Omegaflare Yevonite

yeah this doesnt have to be limited to just the PSOne FFs but the idea for the project came to me because I wanted ro replay either VII or IX after I had replayed VIII so thats why in this first playthrough they were the candidates.

I definitely plan on a FF X/X-2 HD playthrough project once that is released (probably around January) since that is my most favorite game of all time. I dont know yet how to go once the IX playthrough is finished. If X/X-2 HD comes out at that time, that will definitely be the next one I want to do but if not then we could either automatically move on to VII (gaiages already told me he would like to join a VII playthrough as well) or we make another poll that includes VII, VIII and XIII (not much sense in doing a XIII-2 playthrough before doing a XIII-playthrough first).

games I will not include in polls for now are handheld games or the NES/SNES FFs though.

12. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Sweet, let me know when/if you got to XIII-2. Sadly, XIII Isn't currently in my possession.

13. Omegaflare

Omegaflare Yevonite

Doesnt mean you cant get it ;) Or FF X HD when it comes out

14. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

I'm not the kind who can get his hands on money easily, and all the money I can get (three cheers for only being fourteen) is going to LR, so neither is an option, I'm afraid. :(

15. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Hey, another highschooler!
    High-five for youth. :D
    I hear you. I work at GameStop, and I don't get paid hardly squat. BUT I get a lot of good discounts, so...

16. Omegaflare

Omegaflare Yevonite

Call me crazy but to me it wouldnt make much sense to play XIII-2 and LR if you havent played XIII. I know you get a recap of things in the sequels but its not really the same. It should be experienced from start to finish in the right order. But maybe thats just me.

17. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

This is really sad, but I plan on working there. Also, this is getting a bit off-topic, so I suggest we continue somewhere else, like say one of our profiles.

Sapientia likes this.
  18. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Oh, it's not crazy, but by no means am I suggesting you skip XIII. Hey, I could even do this independently for LR a week or two after it comes out so we insane fans can do it without a refresher course through the first two. The joys of playing single-player games together, right? ;)

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!