Lightning Returns concept art update and fast-travel system revealed

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
To be fair, both sides can be as bad as one another. I see things like "you lack the capacity to...", "trolls", "mindless propaganda drones", "troll harder", etc.

If people want things to be more amiable in FFXIII-related internet discussions, it would perhaps be a good start if embarrassingly juvenile personal insults aren't banded around at the slightest of opportunities when trying to discredit someone for an opinion that isn't very complementary towards Square-Enix and the FFXIII games.

On topic, I've always like the concept art, especially for environments. Nova Chrysalia is not my favourite conceived world from the company's artists as I'm not particularly drawn to this kind of aesthetic style, it's certainly a reminder that Square-Enix still has some of the best in the industry, even if in my opinion, they've heavily stumbled elsewhere.

And your frustrations are understandable to any reasonable individual, but I'm just basing what I've seen in that particular Nova Crystallis comments section.

And let's face it. From what I recall from earlier, the first ad hominem began when someone being overly vocally critical about SE's ability to deliver graphics or whatever was labelled a "blind" and a "hater". Then the rebuttals from thereon just kept up the pace of personal insults, and the whole thing was such a chore to read that I began to pray for the very sanity of the mods themselves. The fact that it had to descend to that should be an eye-opener to both sides that they both have their own issues.

Yes, the "haters" probably shouldn't feel the need to bash at every available opportunity, especially with silly points like "LOL, 'TELEPO', THIS IS PROOF THAT SE'S GONE SHIT", but fans of the games shouldn't feel so defensive to the point that anyone with a contrary or critical viewpoint or post in any way on a website with a high number of fans of the games is immediately labelled a moron and a hater. You can easily inform an individual that they have said something particularly daft and/or untrue, while giving them explanations why without resorting to the usual arbitrary labels ending up with the same "mindless Lightning worshippers" VS "trolling bashing haters" crap. The moment labels are used is the moment discussions die, an Us VS Them mentality takes over, and mud-flinging ensues.

And frankly, I just want FFXV to come out ASAP, if only to (hopefully) sweep away this tiresome battle of the extremes on the internet. Unless FFXV perpetuates it further, in which case, God help us. Better exit every Final Fantasy-related discussion on the internet.