1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Lightning Returns Equipment Collections List [Probably Spoilerific]

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Ehren, Dec 19, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

What do equip type do you wish was most numerous in Lightning Returns?

1. Garb (Outfits)

75.0%
  2. Weapons

12.5%
  3. Shields

12.5%
  4. Accessories

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Attachments (Visible Decorations)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

All right, so. I managed to get my English guide a bit early, and...

Garb: 72 (74 if you count XIII/XIII-2 set)
    Weapons: 70 Weapons (72 with XIII/XIII-2 set)
    Shields: 40 (42 with XIII/XIII-2 set)

Also, there are three special garb (not included in the numbers above) in the game that replace existing garbs. Your gift from Hope on the final day of your first playthrough are the garbs Dark Muse+, Mist Wizard+, and Equilibrium+. The guide has the Seven Samurai, Cloud Set, Aerith Set, Yuna X Set, Yuna X-2 Set, Tomb Raider Set, Moogle Set, Cosmocrator Set, and Celestial Body Set listed for stats and abilities as "DLC or pre-order bonus". That should be 15 DLC garb/weapons/shield, bringing the full game total to 87 (not counting the three garb+) garb, 85 Weapons, 55 Shields. I will update the front page when my copy of the game finally arrives and I can start matching English names to screenshots. Some garb retain their original names pretty much, while others seem like they are completely different.

2. Kaimi

Kaimi Yevonite

If you're going to get garb images from the game, be sure to take the screenshots from Schema customization menu as each garb has its own pose.

3. Ehren

If I had a capture card I would do so, but my current materials come from an import player who was kind enough to send me shots they'd taken.

4. Kaimi

Kaimi Yevonite

All right. Personally, I'm interested in seeing this "School Girl Uniform" thing. Will you also include information on how to acquire certain equipment pieces, please?

5. Ehren

I will transcribe the information I have available to me, yes. Passive abilities, stats, locked skills and spells, methods of obtaining, and gil cost when applicable. The school girl uniform is apparently called "School's Out" or something like that... Haven't got the guide with me at this moment.

6. Kaimi

Kaimi Yevonite

This School's Out outfit is of the same subtype as Nocturne? I thought it would fall into the same subtype as Electronica. (I saw a video with all the garbs, and School's Out shares its Schema customisation pose with Nocturne :( ). I do have a rough subtype list here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:Kaimi/Garbs

Also, will you categorize the outfits? From what I know, the Ultimania mentioned about like 21 garb subtypes and the artbook also categorizes weapons and shields.

7. Ehren

It is? Strange. I haven't even encountered it yet in my playthrough, but I'm only on Day 7.

Well... I'm supposed to be getting my CE soon (roommate bought himself a digital copy which I've been playing), and if the art book mentions what those subtypes are then absolutely. I don't think the garb sub types were mentioned in the guide, but I don't have it on me right now to check. I remember weapons being separated into groups such as "cursed rapiers" and "magic swords", as well as different sorts of shields, so I will put those up yes.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!