1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII General Discussion and News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Omegaflare, Oct 10, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Thanks for posting that, it was taking a toll on my PC opening up all of those tabs. xD

2. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Also, what is this trailer we're hearing about, some exclusive content being released by Square Portal, supposedly? If it's anything like SQPR has done before, this "new" trailer will be a mash-up of trailers with...err...bad music (sorry) playing. SQPR also said that this collaboration trailer or whatever they're doing shows exclusive Wildlands demo footage (been there, seen that) during the "developer tour."
    In other words, should I be excited or not? I'll be honest, I can never know with SQPR.

Shin Kazama likes this.
  3. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

No, I don't think there's much of a reason for you to be excited. The FFWorld preview article may indeed provide new information, but if my understanding is correct the European press event he's talking about should be the same thing Alex Donaldson started a Lightning Returns Q&A thread for earlier. At the very least, the demo FFWorld has access to will be the same thing, and probably the same demo build used at TGS.

As for the "trailer", that's pretty much the case as well. It will almost certainly be previously seen content mixed into a video with whatever music the creator decides they feel fitting. As is usually the case, the video should probably be called a fan-made recap or GMV. I mean, we'll see if it's something surprising and new but everything I'm looking at points in every direction except that.

Sapientia likes this.
  4. dmysta3000

dmysta3000 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    Sapientia likes this.
  5. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Random question, but uh...does LR feature motion blur? I don't remember and I certainly can't tell from YouTube videos.

6. dmysta3000

[​IMG]

Bit of context for this image, apparently these are the four favorite cutscenes of one of the game's cutscene designers.

Minor spoiler warning

Source here:
    http://tensai-shoujo.tumblr.com/post/66731133881/thank-you-to-luxurioushope-for-notifying-me-and

Sapientia likes this.
  7. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Something tells me that "B" scene is Lightning and Hope, you can almost certainly tell by the hair color and way its parted. Which, if Lightning looks that upset, can't be good. The room they're in is also dark, so we know it can't be the Ark. Either that or something happened to it.
    I need answers.

8. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Welp, SQPR's trailer was...interesting, to say the least.

Ehren likes this.
  9. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

What are you talking about? Isn't that the fight against Snow?

10. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Snow's hair is more blonde and longer. I'm not saying I'm right, but I'm almost 100% sure that's Hope, because the hair is parted like his and it's more silver in color. Plus, besides a few moments of Lightning punching Snow or shedding a tear behind him on Gran Pulse, what other moments are that memorable between them to recreate? It also looks like Lightning is either kneeling or shaking *Hope.* Perhaps they recreated the little hug scene in Palumpolum? So, I think it's Hope, but I could be wrong. Just based on the lady's comment about the scene, the hair, height, and Lightning's expression, I'm betting Mr. Estheim.

Amicitia likes this.
  11. LightningXFang

LightningXFang Balamb Garden Freshman

Hey guys! Im new to the forums.

Im importing the game, so i get my copy next week. I was wondering if there is a section/thread to post Pictures of the game spoilerfree like Outfits we havent seen yet / Combinations of Equipment and Costumes / Main Menu Translation / etc.

If people are interessted in this, and if there is already someone doing this and has a thread, im willing to help that person out!

Ehren likes this.
  12. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

Not yet, but I'm sure there would be interest if you made one.

Sapientia and Ehren like this.
  13. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I planned on posting a bunch of field navigation/battle system/menu/etc. screenshots, and was just going to use the spoiler tag. But if you're going to make a thread, then if you don't mind I'd love to post there so I don't fill up this thread.

14. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

LR scored a 37/40 on Famitsu. Noice, noice.
    Thoughts?

15. dmysta3000

Small tease of the new CG render
    [​IMG]

Sapientia likes this.
  16. LightningXFang

LightningXFang Balamb Garden Freshman

I can make a thread now, and we both can use it to share different stuff. It would be nice to compare our Schema's and Costume Designs, as well as translations during game? :)

Sapientia likes this.
  17. dmysta3000

New LQ Famitsu scans

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Chevalier

Chevalier Yevonite

Are you that eager to die?

Honestly, that part made me chuckle a bit, but the wording in the trailer seemed a bit inflammatory and grammar challenged.

Sapientia likes this.
  19. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

The owner of Square Portal does not speak English as his first language. He is Finnish, but for some reason the site is in English.

Sapientia likes this.
  20. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Ali Hillis posted on Twitter:
    "#Lightning Returns But Doesn't Give A Crap Anymore
    #BoringVideoGames"

Wonder what her beef is? Maybe referencing Lightning's lack of emotion in LR due to Bhunivelze? Or just frustrated of playing a role where you can't put a ton of emotion into the role of Light in LR?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!