1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII General Discussion and News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Omegaflare, Oct 10, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

Hmm. My understanding was that she actually finished her voice work months and months ago, and she seemed excited for it previously. Strange, I wonder what's up.

EDIT: Ahhhh, it's a joke. It looks like she was having a war of Boring Game Titles with some of her followers. She also posted Slack Man (Probably Pac Man) and Gears of Snore (Gears of War). She clarifies a little later by saying she's super jealous Lightning Returns comes out in 6 days in Japan.

Sapientia likes this.
  2. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

That's...actually the name of the fourth FFXIII game.

Lightning gets called to go join the other FF protagonists once again in a new Dissidia mobile game, and is called back to her world/universe to find nothing. Everything's dead and extinct, because she's killed every species of endangered wildlife, everyone else has probably gone to another world or something, and there's not a single God left worth fighting against.

It'll be the Dear Esther of Lightning games.

Sapientia likes this.
  3. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I saw that. Kind of confused me for a bit there.

4. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Holy mother of CRAP this OST is good~
    LR-news on Tumblr released the OST and since I already bought it, I'm fine with downloading it.
    Literally, best soundtrack in the series, IMO.

Ehren likes this.
  5. Keriaku

Keriaku Balamb Garden Freshman

I'm pretty much dying in anticipation for this. I'm gonna let the album sink in without any spoilers before the game hits in February, enabling the game to have full impact when I play it, and then enjoy the depth of the songs indefinitely into the future. I love all three of these composers, can't wait to see what they do next.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  6. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, if you don't want spoilers, it's best to avoid the second-fourth discs. The first disc is alright, though, I think.

7. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

8. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I hope the OST is better than XIII-2's, I thought it was the weakest part of the game after the story.

9. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Oh, god, watching Leta_jp's stream of LR and there's a scene where Lightning and Mog reunite, and just...
    xDDDDDD
    Ehren'll know what I mean, but good lawd. My face and sides hurt from laughing so much. That was such a good scene.

10. yeah_93

Is the game out? (For Japan). I just watched the launch trailer, it was honestly dreadful. Maybe the final product is better. I hope.

11. UNKLE

UNKLE Yevonite

Then i think you need to skip LR... i also didn't hyped for this game because of the story its too predictable we literally know the ending of this trilogy...and the OST is terrible FF13 have way better ost.

12. UNKLE

UNKLE Yevonite

looks like confirmed lumina is serah

13. Fleur

Ignoring the content for a moment, the editing work of that trailer is stunning, I'll have to say. It couldn't have been anything other than arduous to put together, so massive props to the person(s) responsible for that.

But there's nothing much I can praise about the rest of it. For a launch trailer, I suppose it gets the job done, despite the fact that it's staggeringly woeful compared to the FFXII and FFXIII launch trailers. The music does nothing for me, coming off as sounding like stock music from a free public domain site.

The
    Lightning and Serah
    bit is downright bizarre, hands down. It's obvious what they were trying to show and convey in those few seconds, but it looks oddly creepy.

14. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, it's out in Japan. Surprised you didn't like the trailer, I loved it.

15. BoN

BoN Yevonite

The game is out in my country too. (Thailand) :) I'll start playing tonight. Hope i can finish the game within sunday.

[​IMG]

Sapientia likes this.
  16. yeah_93

In all seriousness, I thought it was awful; and a lot more people thought that too. Previous trailer were much better.

17. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Still can't wait for the game to come out in North America. I don't care how predictable the story seems to be, it looks fun enough to own to me. Besides, even if we think it's predictable, the story might still not be what we think.

18. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Really? Kind of been the opposite on my side. I see a lot of positive comments about it, but then again I'm in the dreaded FFXIII fanbase, soo... xD

19. Chevalier

Chevalier Yevonite

The Launch trailer looks like it was made to portray and anime opening kind of thing.

So I don't know if western audiences would even like it unless they like shounen-esque anime openings.

The models made me laugh a bit---specifically the part where Lightning is sort of twisted up to show the title and when Serah is flying through the Crux, her leg is all wat.

Lumina now disturbs me because of this video, though. She looks much more childlike in motion, now.

20. Fleur

So for any interested parties, the alleged FINAL scene of Lightning Returns is:

WARNING: Spoiler (duh)

Note: It's a link hidden in the spoiler tabs.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/800388dff0a59d05d08b5741050e37d3/tumblr_mwn4ujoUC91qhmu9mo1_1280.png

What immediately popped into my mind when I saw this?

Modern world that's sort of reality-like. Lightning in FFXV. It sounds scarily plausible now. Maybe. Who knows. Haha. I just want to watch the world burn, don't I?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!