1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII General Discussion and News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Omegaflare, Oct 10, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

One of my irregular lurking sessions on the game's NeoGAF thread.

I also discovered that despite not liking the FFXIII games, Kagari seemed bizarrely excited to get her hands on the game. =P

3. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

lol I find that super hard to believe.
    Now I'm seeing even more screens from the ending on Tumblr, and my download is stuck at .1 kb/s.
    I just want to spoil myself silly but no one has posted the ending, and I have no idea where these screens are coming from. T_T

4. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Alright, theory time.
    WARNING: Superdee duper potentially spoilerific theories ahead. You have been warned, and thus I am not at fault for you having been potentially spoiled. Good day, sir/madam.

This either means that Lightning and all of the rest got put in a (from that screenie) normal looking world and remember everything, or, in what seems to be a cliche way of ending a story, got put in a normal world where, in the new timeline, none of it ever happened, and thus, they don't remember a thing yet still conveniently know each other, leaving us with a happy ending either way.

5. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Last thing I'll say about the (possible) ending as I understand it (I don't want the thread to go deeply down the spoilers-and-ending route, because that will probably be better in its own spoiler thread:

It seems like it is a happy ending after all. The protagonists squash false Gods in the first game, and Bunnybelts, i.e. an actual God, is squashed in this game. Freed from fate and subservience and all that, Lightning and friends are all reunited and whisked off to a happy new world that looks remarkably like our Earth. And I apologise to whoever hasn't finished Xenoblade yet for spoiling this, but ah, screw it. It's basically a Xenoblade ending.

6. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

Last thing I'll say about it:
    EDIT: Should have put this in before, but the spoiler after this is a spoiler for the anime RahXephon.
    It's also a RahXephon ending.
    Also I could make this aforementioned spoiler thread.

7. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

So now that I've seen a ton of screens from the ending...did someone finish the game or finish downloading the CGI cutscenes?
    I don't know if it's people all downloading it, but I still can't download the last scene, and it's kind of irritating.

8. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

Sigh..... 3 more months....

Chevalier likes this.
  9. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Why don't you have a spoiler thread elsewhere, and leave this one without ending spoilers please? I know they are tagged, but it's more difficult to keep a discussion if everyone's just rambling about the ending.

10. UNKLE

UNKLE Yevonite

This is not true, its more like FRANCE And looks like i was right bhuni is the final boss and in the end you created a new world without gods,magic and other thing only humans left....WOW what a easily prediction game this, always hated games like this.No plot twist? nothing... what a stupid ending...

11. chinparu48

chinparu48 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Im very surprised by the OST, a huge step from FFXIII-2's one. Still not on the level of the original game, but sounds great also.

12. Chevalier

Chevalier Yevonite

Trying to go full black out mode but it's impossible to visit tumblr without spoilers so I had to unfollow some people.

Not visiting gamefaqs or checking out LR threads very much. This is the only safe place for now.

But good grief, Square y dis. Waiting 3 months while everyone discusses spoilers ahhhhh

13. Leon Aether

Leon Aether PSICOM Soldier

@Kagari will you make a small review for the game after you complete your LR streaming on Twitch? Or comment here about it? I think many of us would like to read such a review, regardless the fact the game satisfied you or not...

14. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

According to Ehren she's doing a review for the Japanese version and Ehren's doing a review for the English version.

15. BoN

BoN Yevonite

I just finished the game. Although I don't like this Toriyama's plot, but Watanabe's script was beautiful. In my opinion, this game is better than 13-1, but 13-2 is the best.

The game's quite hard in Normal mode. So I chose to play in easy, and spend 29 hrs in easy mode to finish game.

I have some question that might be spoiler...

I don't see the France ending which Lightning live on earth.

After Staff rolls, THE END word appear on the screen. Then it's back to menu title.

So how to obtain that ending? May be it's for Normal and Hard mode?

P.S. the greatest weapon, Ultima Weapon is in last dungeon. It has strong stats. (ATK+2500, MAG+2500) That's great :)

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!