1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Marriage equality across the land of the U.S.A!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by buddhafied, Jun 26, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. buddhafied

buddhafied Clan Centurio Member

I'm sure many of you already got the news, the Supreme Court of the U.S. has strike down same sex marriage ban for all 50 States in the U.S. It's a historical moment for the country.

Now, since I'm a Canadian, we've had same sex marriage since 1995 2005. That said, I am now officially taking marriage proposals from U.S. gays. May the best bear wins.

#lovewins

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Crystal Power likes this.
  2. FootloosePhoenix

FootloosePhoenix Yevonite

Yep, the Americans finally caught up with us. :p But where did you get 1995 from? I've only heard that gay marriage was legalized across Canada in 2005.

Anyway, this is a good day. A significant step forward for equality. The bad news is I can no longer say "Well, at least we have gay marriage" to one-up my American friends when they're bragging about being able legally buy and smoke weed recreationally.

3. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I'm not sure I entirely agree with it, but it's not my country anyway. It's a historic day, good for them.

I'm already sick of rainbows everywhere on the internet, though.

4. buddhafied

WHOOPS, thanks for correcting, I for some reason think 10 years ago is 1995... I missed the 90's :D

I know, right? I guess we sort of still have universal health care but now they have ACA they are getting close! #thanksobama

5. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

It still baffles/frustrates me that we aren't in an age where things like this aren't universal across the globe yet, but I guess we're living in the very infant stages of worldwide equality. Wonderful news; we have to start somewhere, and this is a big step towards that goal.

Crystal Power and buddhafied like this.
  6. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Good step for equality.

Crystal Power likes this.
  7. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Meanwhile in Poland we're burning rainbows in public places.

8. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Guess you are all from liberal places, I suppose? I come from a place that's still culturally conservative, were most people would react negatively to something like this.

9. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

That's up to them. Can't say I agree with anyone that isn't in favour of it, but I'm not gonna worry about them.

Crystal Power and buddhafied like this.
  10. buddhafied

I am from a very liberal country that has same sex marriage for many years. I often wonder aside from religion and what-so-called transitions, and the simple "I don't like it", what other reasons are there to go against equality of any kind. Always a fascinating topic for me.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!