Memories!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dubhghlas

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 9, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
I was just randomly searching the internet for things related to Final Fantasy VI and came upon Mognet Central. This takes me back to the days when communities on the Internet flourished around specific ideas and topics, and social media was nowhere to be found. I have been a life-long Final Fantasy fan having received a copy of the first game for Christmas way back in 1988 when I was 8. Yes, I'm 35. I have introduced the series to my daughter and even used the old text based games as reading for her during the summer.

Outside of gaming, I have been a self-taught computer programmer for over 15 years. I have experience in many computer languages, mark-ups, and systems, including: HTML, CSS, Javascript, Perl, PHP, C, C++, C#, Java, and SQL. I enjoy watching sports and my favorites are Rugby, Australian Football, and Baseball. I am an amateur photographer; I rarely leave my house without my camera in the trunk of the car. Obviously, I am also a gamer – have been since the mid-80s – and typically play either Xbox or Steam. Finally, I am a practicing Buddhist.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Welcome to Mognet, kupo!

Also so much respect to you as an OG FF fan, hope to see you in some discussions, would be very curious to hear your perspective on modern-day FF titles and the direction SE has taken.

Dubhghlas

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 9, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
Thank you!
I would certainly enjoy jumping into conversations with the perspective of a graybeard. I started young, but it was the titles that came out during my teens that I hold dear: FF4, 6, 7, 8, Tactics, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Parasite Eve, ... I'm sure I could go on and on. It was Dragon Warrior that got be hooked to RPGs. I then went around trying to find anything similar which lead me to Final Fantasy.
I was also mistaken in my introduction. I received my NES for Chirstmas 1988. I got my copy of FF1 for Christmas 1990. 'Twas so long ago I am having to knock the dust of the memories.