Motomu Toriyama's new title just got a big boost

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I'm gonna merge this thread into the 'major boost' one. @Sora96 , we can't have so many different threads on your hunches about this one game, dude! It's not even announced.

And, imagine... Square Enix has other unannounced AAA JRPGs that are unannounced! They're a big company. Many of these people are spread around. Nothing's certain!
You said it yourself though that FFXV has over 400 people working it. They can't have that many unannounced titles.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
You said it yourself though that FFXV has over 400 people working it. They can't have that many unannounced titles.
Square Enix has some 3900 employees, dude - and a large number of the people working on FF15 aren't actually Square Enix employees, they're contractors for external companies in places like Hong Kong and Taiwan working on asset creation.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Square Enix has some 3900 employees, dude - and a large number of the people working on FF15 aren't actually Square Enix employees, they're contractors for external companies in places like Hong Kong and Taiwan working on asset creation.
Then why do people insist Toriyama can't be directing a big budget project?

accel

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 21, 2015
I really liked FF XIII-2, so I'm kinda excited for his new game.
The gameplay on the games he directed were pretty good.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Few people on this forum.
Some conversations about Toriyama possibly directing a mobile title or whatever had surfaced, but quotations escape me, haha.

In any case, the mystery surrounding his project creates even more hype. Let's both hope E3's the place where it'll make its debut!

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Some conversations about Toriyama possibly directing a mobile title or whatever had surfaced, but quotations escape me, haha.

In any case, the mystery surrounding his project creates even more hype. Let's both hope E3's the place where it'll make its debut!
Hopefully, I've been waiting for this since I finished X/X-2 HD on PS3 in April 2014.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Few people on this forum.
I know I'm one of those people.

And I'm not saying he can't. I just don't he is right now.

I can believe that Toriyama is directing something. I just don't think it's a big budget project for consoles. It's either a mid-sized project or small.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I know I'm one of those people.

And I'm not saying he can't. I just don't he is right now.

I can believe that Toriyama is directing something. I just don't think it's a big budget project for consoles. It's either a mid-sized project or small.
We'll hopefully find out at E3. I think the lack of XV opens the door. Since they'll be too busy at Gamescom with XV and likely XV and DQXI at TGS.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
We'll hopefully find out at E3. I think the lack of XV opens the door. Since they'll be too busy at Gamescom with XV and likely XV and DQXI at TGS.
Well… It’s possible that FFXV was never going to have a large showing at E3 because of some other IP. Perhaps there is big news with this IP and it's something that nobody will see coming?

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
That's what I expect as well. I mean, there's gotta be another reason why SE is going for a Press Conference at E3 2015 other than the fact that they have a bundle of known upcoming titles coming soon.
You’re starting to slowly learn what some of those other titles are that were once a unknown like Star Ocean 5 for example.

And now people are speculating that Square Enix France is teasing Kingdom Hearts 3. That’s a pretty big IP right?

Oct 19, 2013
According to Verendus' recent posts there will be a FFVII spin-off that's not AAA, but most of us would like it, apparently. That might be Toriyama's next project. Or maybe the FFX spin-off on his list. There are two games on that list are that he can't vouch for, though, so keep that in mind.

"New post, since I wrote more than I thought.

Here we go
-

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP
-

This is my wishlist from a while back. I've deleted games off it that I've talked about being in development in the past, and titles that people already know are in development (MM's new IP, GG's new IP, Gran Turismo etc.).

Here's the truth about this wishlist, when I posted it, about half of these games were probably going to show up at E3. Hence why I said in the post that I'll like E3 if even half of them show up. Now here's the thing, forget that. The when doesn't matter now. And that post is now meaningless with that kind of statement since I know what's happening generally, and the number doesn't fit due to some changes.
[...]
To ruin some SE stuff.

FF7 spin-off. Real. Not AAA, but it'll be good. No one is going to complain. Current gen. Square Enix crossover is PS4 exclusive. I don't mean Musou. New Parasite Eve is pretty straightforward. A new PE game.
[...]"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166482193&postcount=11040

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
@Koozek took out something Verendus said that caught my eye so I'll post it. It's something I find very interesting.

Someone then asks if he can elaborate on that.

Recently, Dr.Cupcakes (Unseen64) posted a tweet saying he heard some major Nintendo news. What he has to say kinda falls inline with what Verendus said about the project not being green lit yet and that details are still being worked on.

Further down.

They may not be connected but looking at the list, I see Verendus listed a Final Fantasy VI remake. That's sorta the odd one of the bunch as everything else has a stronger history on a Sony platform. Of course, it could be something that has nothing to do with SE either.

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
They may not be connected but looking at the list, I see Verendus listed a Final Fantasy VI remake. That's sorta the odd one of the bunch as everything else has a stronger history on a Sony platform. Of course, it could be something that has nothing to do with SE either.
A FFVI remake would be glorious for me... megaton if true.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
FFV doesn't really have the megaton power like FFVI would have. We're talking about a game that is considered to be right up there with FFVII as one of the best in the series.

It probably would have helped if FFV were released on the SNES in the west back in the day. Instead, its first western release came out on the PSX, where it was competing against FFVII-FFIX.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
FFV doesn't really have the megaton power like FFVI would have. We're talking about a game that is considered to be right up there with FFVII as one of the best in the series.

It probably would have helped if FFV were released on the SNES in the west back in the day. Instead, its first western release came out on the PSX, where it was competing against FFVII-FFIX.
You have a point but Square Enix doesn't usually leave V out when they do something with VI. Same situation with I & II.