1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Namine Meets the Lingering Will

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by NemesisSP, Aug 12, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. NemesisSP

NemesisSP Yevonite

It was recently revealed for the Kingdom Hearts Concert that Namine and Terra's seiyuu would make regular appearances. Even more recently, it was revealed what those appearances would entail. A reenactment for A Fragmentary Passage of an event where Namine met the Terra's Lingering Will.

I find this rather interesting, as I wonder what the context of this is and how Namine came to know about it.

2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I think this must have happened before Namine "joins" with Kairi at the end of KHII, the big question is how did she know the existence of Terra (or Lingering Will) at all?

3. NemesisSP

NemesisSP Yevonite

I'm guessing that she might have unlocked the memories sometime during Days. As her power is focused on Sora and those connected to him, it's possible that she tapped into the memories of the BBS trio. How she came to find him is a bit trickier, though.

4. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Yeah, Re:Coded is another piece of evidence to justify Namine's foundings within Sora when she revealed it in the game.

It's a long stretch but I'm guessing (somehow) Namine tapped Ventus' heart and memories which led her to the location of the Keyblade Graveyard, where the lingering will of Terra resides in.

Ah, can't wait for 2.8 to come by.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  5. CyborgHD13

CyborgHD13 Balamb Garden Freshman

Wazi the pa likes this.
  6. Wazi the pa

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    CyborgHD13 likes this.
  7. NemesisSP

NemesisSP Yevonite

That is indeed where I got the news and I was planning to post the transcript here, but Cyborg already got to before I could!

Well, either way it is annoying it won't be in the game, but hopefully we'll find out more about this scene in the future. The dialogue does give a suggestion that it was sometime before Sora faced the Lingering Will, at the least.

CyborgHD13 likes this.
  8. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Wait, Sora vs lingering Will is now canon? I scratching my head.

9. NemesisSP

NemesisSP Yevonite

The Lingering Will fight has always been canon.

10. Wazi the pa

Anything and everything that happens in the Kingdom Hearts titles, including going up against secret bosses, are canon.

11. NemesisSP

NemesisSP Yevonite

Well, not everything is considered canon, just most of the content is.

Due to legal issues, Deep Jungle isn't considered canon anymore, for one. The Mirage Arena's canonicity is also questionable, too.

12. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I would write out the Mirage Arena from the canon, I find it hard to imagine how the trio fighting the No Heart boss could make sense plot wise.

13. NemesisSP

NemesisSP Yevonite

Well, it was originally intended to be canon, with Laguna from FFVIII running it. But since he was cut out from the game, the role of the world was downgraded significantly.

14. Wazi the pa

I mean, things that are considered to be heavy in story elements are considered canon. Things like Deep Jungle and the Mirage Arena (debatable) can be kept aside because at a glance, when integrating it to the KH story formula, they don't significantly bring much to the table.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!