New Tabata interview on FFXV, Type 0.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
From Finaland

Excerpts:
Hajime Tabata : I think the camera is sort of actually improved since Tokyo Game Show even if it’s just a little bit because we did put in the first round of adjustments and changes to that, but don’t worry. We’ll gonna carry on improving the camera and from December & January, we will gonna have more round of updating and changing the camera so in the end I’m sure it will be something very comfortable to play with so don’t worry about that.
Finaland : Will its success lead us to a Type-1 ?

H.T. : Of course, it will ! We will consider doing Type-1. But wait ! Wait.. it will definitely be off that we get Final Fantasy XV out there. *laugh*
Finaland : Is the FFXV's car customizable ? Can we cast spells on it to go faster, for example ? Will she be important from the beginning to the end ? Is the aircraft still relevant ?

H.T. : We're planning to make the car customizable. About if the car is important is the story, the car is not such a major element of the story in that way. The way we see the car, it is like the fifth character, the fifth companion. He’s gonna be through all through the game right to the end as a character but probably not a massive element as the story no. About the airship, they are quite related to the opposing faction in the game and the story so I don’t think I should probably be answering that at this time but they will be revealed later.
TLDR:
-Will consider to make Type-1 (after XV)
-Customizable car for XV
-Will talk about Airships later

Lock if old.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Type-1 confirmed? For Vita hopefully. I enjoyed the on-the-go experience the PSP version provided.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Sounds pretty nice! Also note that he said "The way we see the car, it is like the fifth character, the fifth companion. "

I guess that mean Cor won't be a support character after all? Meh, I liked Gladious and Noctis more anyway. :)

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
From the sounds of things, this game definitely won't have a controllable airship. Tabata already said that the car acts like the airship of past FF games. especially considering this game is being aimed to be a road movie. Hopefully, FFXVI will have a fully controllable airship.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
If the car is controllable, I highly think the airship will be controllable as well.
We don't even know if the party will still get access to an airship in this game. Nomura originally promised it, but Tabata may have dropped the feature when he took over as director.

From the sounds of it, airships are exclusive to the enemy nations. I repeat, Tabata has already confirmed that the car will act like the airship of past mainline FF games. Even in the OP interview, he confirms the car will be important and the main means of transportation from the beginning of the game until the end. FFXV is a road movie; you can't tell a road movie while you're soaring above the world in an airship. LOL!

Seriously, any hope for an important playable airship returning to mainline FF now rests on FFXVI.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Not necessarily, but I do hope so. Maybe it's only for warping through areas? Anyway, they are talking about it like it's an important plot point.
Maybe it will fell off a cliff at the end of the game like
the horse in SOTC
That'd be so emotional with the car. xD

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Seriously, any hope for an important playable airship returning to mainline FF now rests on FFXVI.
Please stop...

Also, Tabata clearly said that airships were part of the other nations, and he can't talk about what will happen just now... implying that you may hijack an enemy airship to use later in the game. Just because the car will be an important asset through the entire game, doesn't mean that you can't use an airship as well. You can't always land airships in certain areas, but you can drive a car in plenty more of those places, and there are even some instances where you need to go on foot/ride a Chocobo...

Nov 8, 2014
I like how cretin nations in XV have different vechalies. I guess Lucis does not have air ships because Regis relies too much on the crystal for power, which is why there is a NO GUN law in Lucis. In contrast, Niflhiam has a bunch of air ships because the country developed in their military more than anything else.

If the car is such an important element then Taba must show it means more than a gameplay convenience for getting around long distance. Make Noc loves the damn car. A MAN AND HIS CAR

Nov 8, 2014
I guess that mean Cor won't be a support character after all? Meh, I liked Gladious and Noctis more anyway. :)[/QUOTE]

huh corr was never a supporting character. he just doesnt come until the invasion because hes taking care of other things

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
No.

Also, Tabata clearly said that airships were part of the other nations, and he can't talk about what will happen just now... implying that you may hijack an enemy airship to use later in the game. Just because the car will be an important asset through the entire game, doesn't mean that you can't use an airship as well. You can't always land airships in certain areas, but you can drive a car in plenty more of those places, and there are even some instances where you need to go on foot/ride a Chocobo...
LOL! You're making stuff up just to defend the prospects of this game, yet you call me out for bringing up FFXVI? Congrats on showing you're a hypocrite.

Nowhere does Tabata imply you can hijack airships in the OP. Stop making shit up, please; your blind FFXV fanboyism is beginning to reek. At least back your claims up with some valid statements from Tabata. After all, he's already gone on record to say the car acts like the airship of past FF games. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand that this obviously means the car is the playable airship of FFXV. Further more, Tabata has also gone on record to say FFXV is primarily a road movie game. You can't have a road movie game if you're in an airship. Airships will be in FFXV, sure, but nothing stated by Tabata implies they will be playable. The reason Tabata can't talk about them yet is purely because they are used by the enemy faction and tied to the story, which he doesn't want to reveal just yet.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Cor not being a party member after they announced him would be bad. They have to least let him replace a dying member or be a temp.
I'm expecting him to be a Guest party member like Larsa, Vossler, and Reddas in FFXII. Even in the KH series, there were many Disney characters that joined as Guests depending on what World you visisted. Hopefully, some of that KH influence is still in the game. However, it's hard to say what's still in and what's been dropped now Nomura has been removed and Tabata has taken over and overhauled the battle system.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
No.

LOL! You're making stuff up just to defend the prospects of this game, yet you call me out for bringing up FFXVI? Congrats on showing you're a hypocrite.

Nowhere does Tabata imply you can hijack airships in the OP. Stop making shit up, please; your blind FFXV fanboyism is beginning to reek. At least back your claims up with some valid statements from Tabata. After all, he's already gone on record to say the car acts like the airship of past FF games. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand that this obviously means the car is the playable airship of FFXV. Further more, Tabata has also gone on record to say FFXV is primarily a road movie game. You can't have a road movie game if you're in an airship. Airships will be in FFXV, sure, but nothing stated by Tabata implies they will be playable. The reason Tabata can't talk about them yet is purely because they are used by the enemy faction and tied to the story, which he doesn't want to reveal just yet.
Uh... excuse me? I never said that, I said it's a possibility given that he says they will talk more about airships in the future, it seems like there's something more to it than just "no since other nations use them", otherwise it would have ended there.

And yes, you can still have a road trip like theme while also having airships in the game, it's not that far fetched, road rip is something to be taken figuratively, not literally.

You say that he won't talk about them because they're part of the enemy faction, yet we already know who has the airships, and we already have seen in the extended E3 trailer at TGS last year both Gladiolus and Ignis on an enemy airship motioning for him to jump on, indicating that at least cinematically you would be able to get onto the airship, maybe not pilot, but at the very least you might escape on one.

There's no reason to call me a "blind fanboy" for speculating about the possibility of having an airship, and you are allowed to have your opinion against it. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't make me a fanboy, and doesn't make your opinion fact either.

Also, I'm not being a "hypocrite" because I mentioned you bringing XVI up, that has NOTHING to do with the discussion of a possible controllable airship. It has to do with you inserting XVI in wherever possible, and honestly was just a quick joking remark not to be taken so seriously. I can understand why you might have a bad reputation on other forums given the nature of your response. It's not my intention to tell you that you're wrong or you are not allowed to have your opinions, so I would appreciate it if you did the same.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Uh... excuse me? I never said that, I said it's a possibility given that he says they will talk more about airships in the future, it seems like there's something more to it than just "no since other nations use them", otherwise it would have ended there.

And yes, you can still have a road trip like theme while also having airships in the game, it's not that far fetched, road rip is something to be taken figuratively, not literally.

You say that he won't talk about them because they're part of the enemy faction, yet we already know who has the airships, and we already have seen in the extended E3 trailer at TGS last year both Gladiolus and Ignis on an enemy airship motioning for him to jump on, indicating that at least cinematically you would be able to get onto the airship, maybe not pilot, but at the very least you might escape on one.

There's no reason to call me a "blind fanboy" for speculating about the possibility of having an airship, and you are allowed to have your opinion against it. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't make me a fanboy, and doesn't make your opinion fact either.

Also, I'm not being a "hypocrite" because I mentioned you bringing XVI up, that has NOTHING to do with the discussion of a possible controllable airship. It has to do with you inserting XVI in wherever possible, and honestly was just a quick joking remark not to be taken so seriously. I can understand why you might have a bad reputation on other forums given the nature of your response. It's not my intention to tell you that you're wrong or you are not allowed to have your opinions, so I would appreciate it if you did the same.
If I seemed more pushy in my recent post, blame @yeah_93 for rilling me up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're hyped for FFXV, good for you. However, I'd appreciate it if you didn't force your fanboyism and optimism for the game upon me just because I don't share it. Leave it as that and stop making FFXV seem like the second coming of FFVII or some shit. Anyway, I guess people with your mindset are to be expected given that this is a FF dedicated forum. Blind fanboys everywhere.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Well it may be the second coming of ffvii but not not the second coming of ffxii which is what you want.
Won't become the second coming of FFVII in this era of WRPG dominance and how dead the Japanese console market is. It's also definitely ain't going to be the second coming of FFXII. That masterpiece has left its mark on JRPGs thanks Xenoblade following in its footsteps and becoming the most critically acclaimed console JRPG last-gen.