1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Next gen consoles

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Mike, Sep 25, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

So, it's been a few weeks - how do those of you who decided to jump in on one of the two next gen consoles feel about your purchases? Happy? Regrets? Annoyed at the game drought? I'm curious...

2. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

Right now I can manage with a vita, ps4, 3ds, and wii u

3. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

Mine are collecting dust right now, though the TV is going through the Xbox One at least. Waiting for some new stuff...

4. Stealth

I play more old games than I do newer ones these days

5. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I bought BF4 and COD: Ghosts and I play often, but that's because I enjoy those types of games. However, the reason I got the PS4 (and I was lucky to get one) is because I may not get to buy it later as the economic circumstances of my country are dire. And because of that, I do not regret my early purchase, even if it begins to collect dust in the near future until I buy mre games.

6. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

PS4 has Don't Starve now free or plus too. Still waitig until a price drop though.

7. TRI Mike

TRI Mike PSICOM Soldier

I already have a PS4 and WiiU. Shadow Fall, Wind Waker HD and Mario 3D World are my only games. Honestly I'm satisfied with the three games but I need to upgrade my TV in order to see the real power of both consoles. As usual, Sony's console is having a very slow start but it's guaranteed to have support from Japan and it's more powerful and cheaper than the Xbox One.

8. Stealth

Right now Wii U is my favorite next gen system.

9. Grean21

Grean21 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Do they have any good games?
    I'm gonna wait and see if there are any 3D Platformers coming out, except Kingdom Hearts 3. I don't like that series, too much emotional story with Disney characters loooooool, gameplay that emerges you is my taste of fun. But aslong as there are fun chill games. Then maybe :)

10. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

With the dust settled (or building up on your PS4 or Xbox One, if you've little to play on it at the moment, haha) and the novelty sort of worn out by now, there's really not too much to look at in the short term horizon is there? In fact, I'm a little surprised that the PS4 has done as well in the first few days in Japan as it did, in spite of the state of the home console market in Japan and the rather weak upcoming forecast of releases in the next few months.

At the moment, the best hardware lineup still remains PS3, PC and perhaps the 3DS. Or well, mobile if you've had more luck than me and you've been able to find a lot of good stuff in there amidst the Flappy Birds, Dungeon Keepers and Simpsons: Tapped Outs.

11. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Well, Wii U did a little less then the PS4 in its first few days. I'm not too surprised really. Launch period for all platform makers will always be strong and put up some solid numbers. It's what lies ahead that matters and where all the worry will be. PS4 is the only hope for console gaming in Japan. Wii U tried and XB1 won't do anything. If PS4 fails, then that's it for Japan. The deal is sealed.

I'm more concerned about software sales then how many PS4's are sold over there. 3DS is selling fine but software is a different story except for the usual suspects (Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and Mario).

12. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

I want a PS4. I originally wanted a Wii U as well but I'm to sure about that now.

Also. I hope that the PS4 can help console gaming in Japan. If it get's any weaker, I don't want to think about it. I prefer games on the big screen and the majority of those games I own are Japanese made (though I like handhelds too.)

13. Zack

Zack Somniac Staff Member Moderator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I haven't really touched my PS4 much since I bought it, but that's only due to the games I am covering for RPG Site. I hope the rumors of the PS1/PS2 emulation for the PS4 are true. If so, then I will be getting a lot more use out of the system until the genre I care most about (JRPGs) becomes a thing.

Right now, I'm very happy with the indie titles out there, though. I plan on starting Outlast and Dead Nation ASAP.

14. APZonerunner

I keep getting games for them - Thief came through, Tomb Raider Definitive came through, Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare came through... but none grab me from more than half an hour or so.

However, this week I should get my mitts on Titanfall...

15. Stealth

I do not think that emulation rumor will come to pass. Or at least it will not be free.

16. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Only thing I regret about already owning a PS4 is that I'd have rather gotten that Foxhound logo Metal Gear one.

Kinda the same with the Xbone; I'd rather of had the white one. Ah well.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!