Next Tales of Game Announced: Tales of Zestiria For The PlayStation 3

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States

After what was practically two countdowns, Namco Bandai has finally announced that the Next Tales of mothership title for the series is Tales of Zestiria for the PlayStation 3.

The announcement was made at the Tales 20th Anniversary Title Reveal. Stay tuned in this post as we post more details as the stream goes by.
Source: http://abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1186

Live Stream: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv159761931

Ugh, I woke up late. Still need more information than this. I will update post as more news become available.

- Update:

Details so far:
So where does the "Zestiria" come from? It comes from the word "Zest" - in Japanese words 情熱・熱意 meaning passion or enthusiasm. No, it's not a citrus fruit.

The game has a total of four character designers: Kosuke Fujishima, Mutsumi Inomata, Daigo Okumura, and Iwamoto, the one who designed for Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.

The main hero's name is Slay (spelling not yet official). He's designed by Fujishima.

The main heroine's name is Alicia (spelling not yet official). She's designed by Okumura.

The animation will be by ufotable.

Battle system that is planned for Tales of Zestiria is built from fan feedback.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/12/tales-zestirias-story-dragons-battle-system-built-fan-feedback/

- ANNOUNCED FOR NORTH AMERICA (and Europe).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/12/tales-of-zestiria-coming-to-ps3/

- Trailer

Last edited:
Just to add to this:

~WILL THERE BE ORANGES INVOLVED?~

+ "Zest" = passion and enthusiasm, said Baba.
+ The game's logo has a dragon. No word on whether this is a bringer of destruction, or an ally, but it is a key presence in the game.
+ Game has character designs from Mutsumi Inomata, Kosuke Fujishima, Daigo Okumura, and Minoru Iwamoto.
+ Japanese animation studio Ufotable have been brought in to work on this game, having previously worked on the Tales of Symphonia OVAs.

~CHARACTERS~

So far, we have:

Slay (voiced by Ryouhei Kimura) – Designed by Koskuke Fujishima. Quotes: “I want to explore the ruins all throughout the world.” “Of course it’s the mural of the monk hoisting the holy sword.”

Alicia (voiced by Ai Kayano) – Designed by Daigo Okumura. Quotes: “I want to try, to see my home town rid of uncleanliness.” “You’re… not going to ask my name?”
~GAMEPLAY DETAILS~

+ The game will purportedly have wider, bigger, more expansive fields. Exploration will be more of a focus, with various terrains and landscapes to traverse in the continent of Greenwood/Glynnwood (name depends on romanisation).
+ The game features a battle system that was designed after taking in fan feedback. Hideo Baba says that they’ll be announcing more on the battle system later on down the line, but he assures fans that it will be something fresh and new.

Mmm. Zesty.
Siliconera and Gematsu

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
Never finished a Tales game, played quite a bit of Phantasia and Destiny 1, but I never felt like I'm missing out on something "special". I'm not, am I? I mean, the main appeal seems to be the battle system, and Star Ocean had a better one than both those two I've played.

Sorry for the small offtopic

Never finished a Tales game, played quite a bit of Phantasia and Destiny 1, but I never felt like I'm missing out on something "special". I'm not, am I? I mean, the main appeal seems to be the battle system, and Star Ocean had a better one than both those two I've played.

Sorry for the small offtopic
I like all of the games but the ones you tried arent relaly considered the best

chinparu48

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 4, 2013
Tales of Xillia was an amazing game for me and introduced me to the series. Now im playing Graces F and i am fascinated. The graphics are kinda basic and the design is very anime/childish but so far the story is being really good. I love how they have pictured the state of a friendship after years of not seeing each other

Really hyped and happy about this. I've been a fan of the Tales series ever since I played Symphonia on my Gamecube back in the day. I always got frustrated at Namco for localizing a single game out of the 3-4 that were actually made in Japan. Glad to see that seems to be changing. I'm getting it for sure.