1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Ni No Kuni 2 for the PS4? (Rumor)

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Apr 17, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

According to "@Tidux", the person claims that Ni No Kuni 2 is in the works and is exclusive to the PlayStation 4 system.

Alright, how trustworthy is this person really? Has he been right with his past claims before?

Man, I really want this to happen though. Studio Ghibli & Level-5 working together again, would just be so amazing, I might just tear up if this is true. If the first game could be ported to the PS4 as well, I will be one step close to 'completion' in life. I swear.

The tweet:
    https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/588968959753478144

2. Rin

Rin Backlog Connoisseur Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

Oh, interesting. And dunno, I'm only checking his tweets from the last year or so (not including replies), and he seems to have retweeted this particular one back in November 2014: https://twitter.com/jhpadillaleal/status/537135231577640960

He's also been teasing games and stuff for the last year. Not really sure what they are as his messages are rather vague (plus I don't recall what was announced at PlayStation Experience). Also: https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/575302651564400641

And if you're interested:
    https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/588939897207185408
    https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/588942063317741568
    https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/588944563378720768
    https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/588944619964129280

Looks like he's got connections to Sony somehow. That's the best I can guess.

Edit: https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/589032074863972352

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Wazi the pa likes this.
  3. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Eh... If you want to use someone who has proven to be more credible, here's your guy. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91099856&postcount=3550 But yeah, Ni No Kuni 2 has been rumored for some time now.

I've heard of Tidux but he doesn't seem like anyone worth paying attention to with some of the things he has said in the past. Even if Ni No Kuni 2 does happen, he's not getting any credit.

LeonBlade and Wazi the pa like this.
  4. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

I would welcome a sequel with open arms. I thoroughly enjoyed Ni no Kuni on the PS3.

buddhafied and Wazi the pa like this.
  5. Wazi the pa

Such dedicated work Level-5 and Ghibli put into the first game. The animated cutscenes, the story, the hand drawn visual assets like the maps and more. I'll never forget Ding Dong Dell. Music there and everywhere else in the game is beautiful.

Seems likely that it might be announced at E3 this year at Sony's conference..... Unless Level-5 is going for their usual "Release first in Japan then everywhere else in the world" kind of thing.

buddhafied and LeonBlade like this.
  6. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

I would LOVE for a Ni No Kuni 2. Fix the battle system and overall game system up a bit, give us a proper world map DQVIII or better style and I would be in Heaven! I love the DQVIII map, the atmosphere with that music is just amazing... to say the least.

Level 5 has it in them to make a fantastic sequel, and I've heard of rumors of a Ni No Kuni 2 years and years ago back around when the PS3 version was not that old, so this doesn't surprise me all that much, but then again who knows.

Rin likes this.
  7. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

I enjoyed Ni No Kuni quite a bit, but I feel it didn't really live up to its potential. It was a solid game with some great concepts that were poorly executed. I'd love to get a sequel which takes all the awesome stuff from the first game (art style, music, the "Ghibli feeling") and addresses all the shortcomings like combat, storytelling (for me it got really boring after the first few hours) and the amount of hand holding that almost killed me. If Ni No Kuni 2 does right what the first game did wrong, it could easily become a timeless JRPG masterpiece.

Also, assuming NNK2 is actually happening, I think it shouldn't be a direct sequel. The story didn't have any loose ends and the world doesn't seem to have anything more to offer. I believe it should go the FF-route and introduce a completely new magic world and maybe a new main character. It could happen a few years later and adult Oliver could be featured as NPC in a new character's adventure.

8. Wazi the pa

I don't care what would Ni No Kuni 2 be about, just make it happen, ensure that it's being made by both Level-5 & Studio Ghibli and we'll just ride the wave from there. :chocowalk:

9. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I don´t know too much of Ni no Kuni (i want to play it badly) but how much involment did Ghibli have on this game ?

10. Wazi the pa

Studio Ghibli worked on the entire visual assets for the game including the animated cut-scenes, character designs, the in game drawings and more. Playing Ni No Kuni is basically like playing a Studio Ghibli movie but better. It's also one of the best JRPGs ever made.

11. Rin

I gotta get to this game, then!

12. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I'd recommend reading reviews first. I thought the game was disappointing. The story and characters were undeveloped.

13. Wazi the pa

14. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

I would say the game is lacking in many ways, but it's definitely worth picking up. It's a great game, I had a fun time playing through the story, but there's just a lot to be desired. Hopefully if they do make a sequel that it's better.

I definitely wouldn't base your decision on whether or not do buy the game on reviews though. I never look at reviews as I think they're a useless metric for the most part outside of a general consensus of opinion. There are plenty of things I enjoy that not everyone else enjoys and vice versa, so really take the time to look into video reviews if anything that show off gameplay to get a better understanding as to what you're getting yourself into. As for story, that's just something you have to experience on your own.

buddhafied likes this.
  15. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

16. Wazi the pa

Ah, makes sense.

17. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Honestly, I feel this was one of the more overhyped games of the last console generation. It was hyped because it had Ghibli and was a throwback to SNES-era rpgs. I guess it had all that charm and great art style, but there's little else going for it. Of course, there's nothing wrong with loving NNK despite its flaws. Hell, even I enjoyed this game. But when I'm reading the reviews praising it as the second coming of Christ for JRPGs, it's just too much. And I don't want to be offensive but it seems like some people want Ni No Kuni to be a masterpiece so bad that they simply refuse to acknowledge some of the blatant flaws (like that mess of a combat system).
    And again, I'm not saying it was a bad game. But it had lots of room for improvement, which I hope happens in the sequel.

18. Wazi the pa

Funny, I thought Ni No Kuni was an underrated game during the time it first release in the West.

ChronoRiskbreaker and buddhafied like this.
  19. Rin

Oh, I now recall playing the demo a while ago. I can't say I enjoyed it, but if I return to it again, perhaps the game will provide me with a different experience this time.

20. Wazi the pa

Same, when I first played the demo, I felt that I didn't get much out of it. It was just the feel of the combat, bit of the roaming and the level designs. Couldn't say that I was eagerly excited for the game after playing the demo.

Once I played the game..... That all changed. :3

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!