1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Ni No Kuni 2 for the PS4? (Rumor)

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Apr 17, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. buddhafied

buddhafied Clan Centurio Member

The demo of NNK was not a good example of the game I find. As a matter of fact, I am glad I got the game without getting influenced by that demo.

NNK was one of my favorite games of 2013. It has its flaws, but the shear happiness and joy whenever I played it was a rare thing for me to play a game now (didn't have the same feeling until I played Mario Kart 8 last year). There were something magical about NNK, no pun intended. If anything, at least listen to the soundtrack, it was amazing.

As for NNK2, I agree the story should be a next instalment instead of of Oliver and friends. Although I wouldn't mind a cameo or reference of them. But I think it has the potential of being better than the first game and also having a brand new adventure. I personally will look forward to game if it ever get announced.

LeonBlade likes this.
  2. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Guessing there hasn't been any further word on the validity of this. Shame.

3. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Not long til June and until then, we maybe some leaks & rumors will pop up? It'll happen eventually.

4. ChronoRiskbreaker

ChronoRiskbreaker PSICOM Soldier

I don't know about what Studio Ghibli is doing nowadays, but Level-5 has been working on a new IP called Snack World. A trailer has been released on their channel LEVEL5ch. (Sorry, can't attach a link) But if a sequel to NNK is in the works, that'll be awesome! It might even compete alongside FFXV for Best RPG.

5. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

Not a chance, the game would never be that ambitious.

Edit:
    Wow, I just saw it! Too bad the game is just a mobile/3DS game... the CG was really cool looking, and the Japanese voice acting was really good. I immediately recognized the girl's voice actor, this production is really high quality!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    ChronoRiskbreaker likes this.
  6. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

I really liked the first one especially the style, music and worldmap of it. But you could clearly see the relatively low budget of the game in every corner. ( like the barebone throne room of the cat king or the many cop&paste NPCs). The characters and dialogues weren't really good written too but I still beat the game and had much fun overall.

I'd really like to see what they can make with a sequel on PS4.

7. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

In all honesty, I never complained one bit when playing Ni No Kuni throughout. Those flaws weren't deeming to me at all. I played it & and I loved it. Done and done.

LeonBlade likes this.
  8. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Considering the game was a true remake (a rarity in today's game market) from what was originally a game for the Nintendo DS, I think Level-5 did quite well for themselves and deserve much more credit.

9. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

I think that is overlooked a lot when people critique this game, it's amazing what they did.

10. CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII Yevonite

remember, they said they couldnt do another one because the partnership was done and they couldnt renew it. ghibli does standalones mostly. theyll show more likely a dark cloud reboot or new IP of the like but bigger.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!