1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

NieR Automata (Square Enix + Platinum Games)

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by AnGer-dono, Jun 16, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

* short =/= bad
    * I'll find out for myself later on
    * WHHHHAAAAAA...just like the original. Who would have thought. Wow now it's a problem *facepalm*

As time goes by, I am taking some Japan players less and less serious. I remember when some gave feedback on Episode Duscae claiming it was too hard.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Funny, really. Feedback's been positive from there from my ears. And according to a recent article, preorders for the game are exceeding stocks.

3. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

4. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

HEADS-UP!
    I've created a dedicated spoiler thread as the game is now out, and it's even riskier for potential spoiler abstainers as the Japanese version includes full English text and voice acting. Full details in first post.

5. T.O.T

I had a typo. I meant to type hard. That's good the pre-orders are doing good for Automata.

6. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

The full art countdown.
    imho beats the XV one. I hope it's a new tradition for Square releases.

SonOfEtro and Storm like this.
  7. AveryChu

AveryChu PSICOM Soldier

I have yet to play a game from Yoko Taro, but from just watching interviews with him, he has become one of my favorite directors. He is a beautiful man.

Storm and SonOfEtro like this.
  8. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Having actually seen Nier:Automata in action now, I'm pretty sure it's a good jumping-in point for Yoko's universes. Not nearly as depressing as some of his other work (crazy, I know, but believe it), has his standard quirkiness and themes, but is also a good game from a technical and gameplay standpoint with PlatinumGames as its developer. RPG elements and action-based combat are nicely balanced, there's auto-fighting functions, and you don't need to know anything about previous Nier/Drakengard games to understand its plot. But if you want to, there's plenty of good resources online, or even the Wikipedia articles for the series up to now.

Storm and AveryChu like this.
  9. BladeRunner

I spoiled myself slightly and watched the full boss fight with that opera robot from the old trailer. Jesus, I need this game in my veins now.

Storm likes this.
  10. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

11. BladeRunner

12. Slaintimez

Slaintimez Chocobo Knight

[​IMG]

Fuck, i want to play it so badly, but already preorder it in european store X_X

T.O.T, Storm and SonOfEtro like this.
  13. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Hey, minor update. Not only did it get Famitsu's near-perfect score... It also got an overall score of 93% from RPGFan's import review, with no individual score lower than 90% for any part of it and being named "Editor's Choice"!

Does anyone envisage one outlet somewhere in March giving this a perfect score? I do. IGN might even deign to give a score higher than 7/10 to one of Yoko Taro's games at long last. I'm still not sure they played all of Drakengard 3.

14. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

Gameblog.fr 9/10

supposedly Jeuxvideo gave an 20/20 but didn't found a link.

15. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

16. coffee-san

coffee-san Red Wings Commander

I'm on my third playthrough of Nier 2, and can save without a doubt that this game lives entirely up to expectations.
    The only real issue I have with the game is that frame drop is noticeable at times when the overworld loads, but it's not completely choppy looking like FFXV.

Addressing those complaints someone posted earlier:
    1. Length: I'm 50 hours in. Still haven't gotten all the main endings yet.
    2. I, personally, haven't encountered any bugs. Just the frame dip sometimes.
    3. Combat is really whatever you make it to be, pod helps, but it's not like you just spend the game camping and shooting. It's been extremely fun for me so far.

It's a better experience than Nier 1 easily. Probably some of Platinum game's best work too.

Storm likes this.
  17. T.O.T

I missed out on Bayonetta 2 since it is exclusive to Wii U. I am glad I will get to play a more current Platinum game that has a good budget behind it again.

coffee-san, SonOfEtro and Storm like this.
  18. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

the impressions are looking great, i hope it sells well so we get more yoko taro, btw the last trailer broke the 3 million mark ;)

SonOfEtro likes this.
  19. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

I think the best-selling entry is still the first Drakengard. At least, that's the only one where we have figures for sales outside Japan.

@Storm, correction. According to the Media Create report, Nier Automata sold 198,542 units, coming in at the top of the charts. This makes Automata the best debut ever from any entry in the Drakengard/Nier franchise in Japan.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Storm likes this.
  20. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

good numbers, how much the first nier sold?

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!